Quest Early College High School

Public | 9-12 | 343 students

Posted May 4, 2011

I used to attend Quest High School. I attended Quest my Freshman and Sophomore year, and have now transferred to Kingwood High School. I miss Quest so much, I think about it every day. The students were very accepting, I practically knew everyone. But when I transferred to KHS, I didn't get that warm welcome at all. All the kids were in their cliques and I was laughed at for being different and not having any friends. I'm glad to say I'm getting out though. I've managed to drop down one credit plan to the 22 credit and I am taking summer classes to graduate early. I had to switch because of my own fault though, I let myself get too social at Quest and forgot about work. It's not the schools fault, it's just how I operate. I needed a change of scenery. But, boy, I sure regret it. At Quest, I had my first real friends, not ones that act all fake and such. I also joined a band and found more about who I really was. Quest is a great school. Shame it's changing from the original plan, moving towards the Early College High School thing, but there's nothing you can do about it. All in all, great students, great teachers, and great school. Also, family is awesome. (Especially the Owls!)

Posted May 18, 2009

My daughter is about to graduate from Quest. We have both enjoyed these past four years. The facilitators are amazing. They genuinely care. I don't think she could have received a better education anywhere. From service learning to the senior exhibitions it has been one long and wonderful ride.

Posted May 16, 2009

Choosing to attend Quest is one of the best educational decisions we have ever made with our daughter. She enjoys the culture of the school and is challenged by the interdisciplinary approach to academics.

Posted August 24, 2008

This school is both unique and extremely more educational than any other school in Humble ISD.

Posted July 8, 2008

This school is absolutley amazing! It is the best! It has made me a better person and they actually make sure you understand what they teach you there. The faciilitators there are just wonderful. At Quest your opinion matters. They make you feel like an actual person and not just some student. Going to Quest High School is the best decision I have made in my entire life!!

Posted June 20, 2007

I like this school soo much. I think the teachers do a great job in creating a personalized learning environment.I've made many friends and enjoyed smaller and block classes!

Posted October 2, 2006

I am a sophomore at Quest High School and all I have to say is that my school is the most inviting, warm, and exciting learning environment any one can ask for. I have made so many new friends peers and teachers alike. Everyone lends a helping hand and really cares about you personally. My teachers come up with such unique ways to teach that really helps kids with different learning styles. Due to a low student teacher ratio, every student can receive one on one time with any teacher they wish. I love my school and wouldn't change my decision to attend it for the world.

Posted September 16, 2006

Quest is a wonderful school. It pushed my son out of his shell and got him involved in the community. He's challenged every day with his schoolwork, and every week I can be proud that he's spending time to benefit the community. I have strong beliefs in how Quest does things, and fully support the school in any way I can. I'm offended by the people that say the school is bad, obviously you didn't know the full story. Before trashing something, look at all sides, otherwise you will be viewed as an ignorant fool. I would Strongly recommend Quest to anyone seeking a more personalized and higher education than those offered at the larger high schools.

Posted September 15, 2006

I am currently attending Quest, and in regards to the other negative reviews I must say that this school is wonderful. At the main campus, I was barely challenged. I have to work my butt off to keep alive at Quest - when you let yourself slack off you pay for it later. I came to this school without motivation, but by the time I leave I'm confident that I'll be strongly self-motivated. As for the academics of Quest, just check the TAKS scores. We were given a 'Recognized' rating while all of the main campuses were merely accepted. How does that show poorer academics at Quest? The only way for a student not to get something out of this school is for them to choose to do absolutely nothing. You have to dig your own grave.

Posted February 4, 2006

I love Quest. I have meet so many nice people. I am learning more than I would at any other school. All of my teachers care about me, and they support me in anything I do. I have had trouble in the past with doing my work. I would wait until the last minute until I did my assignments, if I even did them at all. I did that because I knew I could get away with it. But now I know that I can't do that, so I actually have to learn the material. We are in the process of changing some things about the school. We are trying to get an actual art program, and different languages besides Spanish. It's really cool because all of us together (the students) got to decide what we wanted to change. I plan on graduating from Quest and I love it there.

Posted December 25, 2005

Quest offers students the ability to be known as an individual and to learn in authentic ways. The small size and high expectations make the school an excellent community of learning.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted August 20, 2005

I found Quest to be a disappointment, for the most part. It seemed to me that most students did not take the education serious enough. They seemed to just be there as an alternative to the other High Schools, where they would need to work. I feel that some of the teachers give the grades to pass,and make it look good. I did like the fact that the students were required to be involved in the community. If I were to make the choice again, my student would not attend Quest. She is a bright young lady,but she needed the extras she enjoyed at Kingwood, before she attended Quest, like dance and choir. I do not think the education quality is at Quest. I do not recomend it.

Posted August 1, 2005

Seemed to be ggod free form ecucation but non motivated could be lost in shuffle

Posted April 9, 2005

Several years ago our daughter attended Quest High School. I can only describe her year at the school as a nightmare. When we would visit the school, we routinely found students lounging in hallways, lying on furniture, involved in anything but academics. When we left the district our daughter chose to retake the grade she had taken at Quest, because she did not feel that she had been given the opportunity to learn. My impression was that this school was a 'party school' for students and teachers alike.

Posted July 15, 2004

Quest has been recognized by Coalition of Essential Schools, the Annenberg Challenge Grant, National Service Learning Leader School, and the Bill and Milinda Gates Foundation. What they do for the kids is amazing. The teachers know every student in the building. My son started as wall flower and he is becoming a person, a citizen. Dr Kohn and his staff work with the kids and the parents. In a district that lumps most children into 3,000+ campuses, Quest is the alternative. My child has the support to develope his abilities. Of course, he has the ability to fail too; but the teachers help him pick up the pieces and move to the next success. The seniors graduate through a unique performance task that last the final semster. The classes are not 'what you need to graduate,' they are the 'skill you need in life.' The only draw back has been the lack of extracurriculur activities. Quest has no sports teams, no band, and Spanish is the only language.

Posted December 10, 2003

QHS provides a 4-year program where students learn to work together, and to give back to the community. They are encouraged to develop resources and ask questions, and their problem-solving assignments always involve oral, written and graphic presentations. It is hard on the students the first year, but watch them over 4 years as they gain confidence and competence!!! We are so fortunate to have this school as part of the Humble School District.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

75 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

75 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

All Students98%
Female97%
Hispanic96%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

Algebra I

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

15903 West Lake Houston Parkway