Posted August 18, 2013
I have a son with Aspergers Syndrome and behavioral issues. Finding a good public school for him was of the upmost importance to me. Katy ISD is a very impressive school district and Bear Creek is an exceptional elem. school. It isn't just one teacher the whole bunch is incredible. I shutter to think of what would've happened to my son(and me!) without it. It has been the answer to my prayers. I love everyone there and feel that any child as well as their family would be blessed to be a part of that school. I feel that Ms. Leethem definitely plays a vital role in the atmosphere there as well as the teachers chosen and their attitudes expressed. She is a superstar. Every year that my son has been there he has had the perfect teacher for him - EVERY year. I keep waiting for the luck to run out and it never does! This school works very hard for each and every student there. Many times I have felt as if he is the only student there. My son has a team up there of people who truly care about his well being and no matter how he can push the bar - they NEVER waiver from telling him tat they care. I hope that BCE is recognized for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Bear Creek Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2012
I have been happy with BCE's performance as a school but the teachers, etc. are not very educated where special needs are concerned. I have a son with Aspberger's syndrome and he did not mesh well with the teachers he had in 4th and 5th grade. It was very frustrating to be honest. If you are the parent of a special needs child especially in the autism spectrum, you might want to consider other schools.

Posted September 01, 2012
My children have been attending BCE for 3 years. It's a very diverse school which I like for my children. 60% of the kids are low income and many are esl. The teachers are compassionate and love what they do. The staff is knowledgable and truly care for the students and school. Most of the staff/teachers have been at the school for many years. The parents and community are very involved. The school hosts lots of extra activities to engage students more in learning. The pe and music departments are an important part of the students education. Kids have lots of hands-on learning opportunities. We will be a part of BCE's community for many more years.

Bear Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2012
Overcrowded classes, unknowledgeable staff members and administration, very disappointing for children and parents of Katy.

Posted January 17, 2012
My son is in kindergarten at Bear Creek, and he loves it! I'm so impressed with how things are run! The administration truly cares for the students, and the teachers do a great job of guiding the students. Most importantly, all the kindergarten teachers know each of the students' names and are so caring toward the students. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The school has wonderful evening activities like science night, math night, family fitness night, and Santa and a Movie. In addition, they do a great job of incorporating P.E. throughout the week and even have great events like "Jingle Bells around the Block." I'm very happy with this school.

Bear Creek Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
I have a son in kindergarten and have been very pleased with how BCE runs its school. There is always something going on there to really get the kids and parents involved at the school. My son looks forward to all the fun things they do there, from Science Night to Camp Read-a-Lot, they really encourage kids to love school.

Bear Creek Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2009

Bear Creek Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted October 24, 2008
I have a son in 3rd grader and daughter in Kindergarten. They love it!I love it! Bear Creek has an excellent PE , Library, Music staff. The prinicipal is so great she is very in touch with the students and parents. BCE has 'I Love Mondays', is a wonderful program were the whole school meets in the gym Monday morning before classes begin and she entertains these kids so wonderfully. She will anounce the vocabulary words for the week, do the school dance, school pledge, it is fun and energic to all the students. There is a supportive staff for all of the students. I would not want my children attending any other school after what I have seen at Bear Creek Elem.

Bear Creek Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2008
The three Kindergarten and other teachers who remained at BCE this year are awesome. I am sure the incoming staff will be just as excited to be there, especially for I Love Mondays, which is a great hit with the younger chidren. I am disappointed and concerned that a drawing for two bicycles each 6 weeks is being held to promote good attendance and refrain from early withdrawals. To me, this signals a problem in these areas. The school and it's teachers are good.

Bear Creek Elementary School
4815 Hickory Downs Drive, Houston, TX  77084
Last modified Bear Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top