Mayde Creek High School 1

Posted September 18, 2014
This is the worst school you could possibly send your children, I left this school in a hurry! Bad environment, way too many fights and not enough saftey.

Mayde Creek High School 3

Posted July 08, 2014
Ok so I am moving to Katy next month. I'm going into the 8th grade so I really don't care about middle school this year. But I really would like to know what this school is like. I've never been to Katy before and I'm really nervous. If a current student of mayde creek could tell me what the school is like that would be amazing! :) also if you went to cardiff jr high. I would love to hear about that school as well! :)

Mayde Creek High School 2

Posted October 19, 2013
As I have currently three children in this school at this time and have had four graduate from this schoool it saddens me to say the same problems still exist. Why in the world would a school want ANY child TO PURPOSELY FAIL is beside me. This is the ONLY way my child could get from the preap class that she doesn't understand (neither does my recently 4.3 college graduate understand either). Now if the child fails they are out of extra curricular activities that they have been working on all 6 weeks. So tell me what is a child to do???????? Mayde Creek needs to learn to bend and flow more with each circumstance and use some common sense in decision-making.

Posted September 18, 2013
Mayde Creek is a very good school. I measure the school's quality by the time the teachers have been at this school and the facilities. My son progress depends on how much effort he is willing to put in and his effort depends on his motivation. Mayde Creek provides an outstanding environment to excel, and excel my son does. I have read several reviews and frankly, it looks like people expect to send their kids to Mayde Creek and receive geniuses in return. Mayde Creek is not a factory, it's a school.

Posted August 15, 2013
All the schools in Katy ISD have the same problems. If you are in the AP classes you get too much homework, and the regular classes don't get enough homework. Most of the kids in the isd are not prepared for college, the system is more worried about ratings than educating the kids. I am around thousands of these kids everyday from every school in the district, and i am not impressed. No difference in the schools education, just in the neighborhood. I like Mayde Creek and Morton Ranch over all the other schools in the district.

Posted August 13, 2013
Decent. I mean I haven't been there in like 5 years. But I assume not much has changed. The original building is very much a relic from the 80s, apparent in the 20 year old lockers. The education is still pretty good quality, but it definitely lags behind the other schools in the district. The students, however, are not what I would call high achievers, as such anyone who puts in a decent effort will likely be in the top 10%.

Posted February 29, 2012
I graduated from MCHS in 2004, and am currently working on my Masters. I understand the school is much different now from when I attended, but there is much to be said about the quality of academics at MCHS. The math and arts (Graphic, Web, Photography, Intro, and Theatre) departments were my particular favorites, as I reaped so much from them. Many of my teachers had been on the MCHS staff for years, and their expertise and experience were evident in their students' educational outcomes. It wasn't the easiest of schools, nor was it horribly challenging. I value everything I gained from my time there.

Posted November 23, 2011
I am a current teacher at MCHS, and I love working at the Creek. No high school is perfect, but MCHS is far better than some of the campuses where I've worked previously. The students body is diverse, but these kids really are good kids. They are respectful and polite. The teachers and staff are good, for the most part. My chief complaint at the Creek would be regarding the disastrous scheduling issues that crop up year after year. There are teachers with over 35 students in a class one period and less than 20 the very next class period. This should not be an issue, but it seems to happen every year. It's not fair to the students or the teachers, and it's a problem that could be easily remedied if the right person was given the responsibility over it.

Mayde Creek High School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Principal Leadership - Zero Stars I never see the principal outside her office. She yells and screams over the intercom. The students and teachers are afraid of her.

Posted March 13, 2010
I have two daughters at MCHS and so far have been very pleased. The curriculum is challenging without the intense pressures that nearby schools experience. The AP classes are difficult, but well worth the time. All high schools have their social issues, but I couldn't drag my girls out of this school if I tried... they love it.

Mayde Creek High School
19202 Groeschke Road, Houston, TX  77084
Last modified Mayde Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayde Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews.