Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 30, 2016
The students are put into a diverse and accepting environment. Being of a different race isn't seen as a problem, they are simple welcomed. Like in any other school it is what the student makes out of it. If your kid decides to pursue in work they'll be great but if they fall into the wrong influence who knows what will happen. The NJROTC program, like any other fine arts, at this school helps guide the students in a more successful path through involvement with the school and community. Not to mention the great opportunity they have to excel in leadership within these organizations.

Mayde Creek High School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 13, 2016
My sister. When my sister came out of this school, she was nicer than ever.

Mayde Creek High School 5

Posted April 13, 2016
My sister went to this school and turned out to be an all A's student. She graduated with perfect marks and took high school classes there.

Mayde Creek High School 1

Posted April 09, 2015
This should be an all boys' school because the girls here are just HORRIBLE!!! Life in this area of Katy has GREATLY affected the attitudes of a LOT more girls than boys at this school for the worse from what I've noticed, and it's NOT pretty. Trust me, I GO TO SCHOOL HERE. I've gone here for the past couple of years and put up with the horrible environment as described in the next review. If you live to where you're zoned to this school, PLEASE, DON'T send your daughter here! She'll come out acting like a thug.

Mayde Creek High School 1

Posted September 18, 2014
This is the worst school you could possibly send your children, I left this school in a hurry! Bad environment, way too many fights and not enough saftey.

Mayde Creek High School 3

Posted July 08, 2014
Ok so I am moving to Katy next month. I'm going into the 8th grade so I really don't care about middle school this year. But I really would like to know what this school is like. I've never been to Katy before and I'm really nervous. If a current student of mayde creek could tell me what the school is like that would be amazing! :) also if you went to cardiff jr high. I would love to hear about that school as well! :)

Mayde Creek High School 2

Posted October 19, 2013
As I have currently three children in this school at this time and have had four graduate from this schoool it saddens me to say the same problems still exist. Why in the world would a school want ANY child TO PURPOSELY FAIL is beside me. This is the ONLY way my child could get from the preap class that she doesn't understand (neither does my recently 4.3 college graduate understand either). Now if the child fails they are out of extra curricular activities that they have been working on all 6 weeks. So tell me what is a child to do???????? Mayde Creek needs to learn to bend and flow more with each circumstance and use some common sense in decision-making.

Mayde Creek High School 5

Posted September 18, 2013
Mayde Creek is a very good school. I measure the school's quality by the time the teachers have been at this school and the facilities. My son progress depends on how much effort he is willing to put in and his effort depends on his motivation. Mayde Creek provides an outstanding environment to excel, and excel my son does. I have read several reviews and frankly, it looks like people expect to send their kids to Mayde Creek and receive geniuses in return. Mayde Creek is not a factory, it's a school.

Posted August 15, 2013
All the schools in Katy ISD have the same problems. If you are in the AP classes you get too much homework, and the regular classes don't get enough homework. Most of the kids in the isd are not prepared for college, the system is more worried about ratings than educating the kids. I am around thousands of these kids everyday from every school in the district, and i am not impressed. No difference in the schools education, just in the neighborhood. I like Mayde Creek and Morton Ranch over all the other schools in the district.

Posted August 13, 2013
Decent. I mean I haven't been there in like 5 years. But I assume not much has changed. The original building is very much a relic from the 80s, apparent in the 20 year old lockers. The education is still pretty good quality, but it definitely lags behind the other schools in the district. The students, however, are not what I would call high achievers, as such anyone who puts in a decent effort will likely be in the top 10%.

Mayde Creek High School
19202 Groeschke Road, Houston, TX  77084
Last modified Mayde Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.