Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The teachers at Wunderlich truly care about the kids and want them to succeed. The band program with Mr. Patterson has also been a great experience for my kids. We have had our kids at other schools before Wunderlich and feel blessed to now have them here!

Develops character: Agree

The teachers and administrators have high standards for the students at Wunderlich. We have been very pleased.

Kids at this school are very disrespectful and loud. They worry more on sexualizing one another than focusing on their school work. Most of the teachers here at this school are okay because some are more concerned with whether you are in dress code than your actual education. If you can don't send your student here.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They don't teach at the school and don't give students homework. The lack of homework doesn't reinforce the lesson they may have learned to put it in their long term memory. It doe at teach kids responsibility and how to properly manage time.

Develops character: Disagree

I feel that teachers focus more on students ethnicity when it comes to certain things. They look more at the Hispanic and African American kids and focus on what they have done rather than looking at the group as a whole. They give more opportunities to kids in athletics and kids who play sports than to any other group of students. They are unfair.

I want to understand why the kids in 7th and 8th grades do extra credit by doing these "projects." So cutting and pasting paper and gluing things together is an adequate French or History project??? Is this Art class? When I was younger in 5th grade, my extra credit was to review a pertinent article in an encyclopedia or book and write a one page summary. I do not understand how these worthless Art projects are going to assist my children to prepare for college. I also want to know why so many retake exams? So if you get a 30%, then you can retake the same exam? Flunk the kids. They will learn to study next time.

This school is horrible. My child is not learning and has some bad teachers this year. The worst one is his 7th grade math teacher. Her teaching skills are sub par and my child does not understand any of the information she gives. My child has told me that they have been left in the classroom alone and the class is full of chaos--kids throwing paper, yelling, screaming, and little to no learning. I have complained but nothing has been done. I do not understand why a teacher like this is allowed to continue to mess up children.

Wunderlich is one of the worst schools that I have ever taught at,the students are very disrespectful to the teachers, and they are always bullying and harassing each other.Dont send your kids here ever,ever.And the kids are very nasty,sexually harassing the girls and teachers.

I've been a teacher at this school for 6 years and have enjoyed it very much. The student body is very diverse here and that's one of the best things I like. Students from foreign cultures, and their parents, value education and treat teachers with respect and reverence in some cases, if you can believe that. We have a fabulous reading initiative program going on here that is top-notch and our fine arts programs are thriving like no other. I would gladly send my kids to this school and as a matter of fact, I have. No one school is perfect and no school is a perfect fit for everyone. My advice to you about this school and any other is, do your homework. Research the area, visit the school, attend a PTO meeting, volunteer a couple of hours to get a feel for it all, and make an informed choice. Good luck and GO WILDCATS!

The bigest issue of this school is students misbehavior and bullying. Most of the students disrespect teachers in terms of disobedience and rudeness. However, the school administration is unable to manage students bihavior issues to promote safe and effective teaching and learning. Some students remain in iss during the all school year while teachers spend more class time dealing with students misbehavior rather than to teach students.

Last modified Wunderlich Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.