Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,547

Wunderlich Intermediate School 2

Posted February 06, 2015
I want to understand why the kids in 7th and 8th grades do extra credit by doing these "projects." So cutting and pasting paper and gluing things together is an adequate French or History project??? Is this Art class? When I was younger in 5th grade, my extra credit was to review a pertinent article in an encyclopedia or book and write a one page summary. I do not understand how these worthless Art projects are going to assist my children to prepare for college. I also want to know why so many retake exams? So if you get a 30%, then you can retake the same exam? Flunk the kids. They will learn to study next time.

Posted January 14, 2015
This school is horrible. My child is not learning and has some bad teachers this year. The worst one is his 7th grade math teacher. Her teaching skills are sub par and my child does not understand any of the information she gives. My child has told me that they have been left in the classroom alone and the class is full of chaos--kids throwing paper, yelling, screaming, and little to no learning. I have complained but nothing has been done. I do not understand why a teacher like this is allowed to continue to mess up children.
4 people found this helpful

Posted December 09, 2014
Wunderlich is one of the worst schools that I have ever taught at,the students are very disrespectful to the teachers, and they are always bullying and harassing each other.Dont send your kids here ever,ever.And the kids are very nasty,sexually harassing the girls and teachers.
7 people found this helpful

Wunderlich Intermediate School 5

Posted November 17, 2014
I've been a teacher at this school for 6 years and have enjoyed it very much. The student body is very diverse here and that's one of the best things I like. Students from foreign cultures, and their parents, value education and treat teachers with respect and reverence in some cases, if you can believe that. We have a fabulous reading initiative program going on here that is top-notch and our fine arts programs are thriving like no other. I would gladly send my kids to this school and as a matter of fact, I have. No one school is perfect and no school is a perfect fit for everyone. My advice to you about this school and any other is, do your homework. Research the area, visit the school, attend a PTO meeting, volunteer a couple of hours to get a feel for it all, and make an informed choice. Good luck and GO WILDCATS!

Posted May 06, 2014
The bigest issue of this school is students misbehavior and bullying. Most of the students disrespect teachers in terms of disobedience and rudeness. However, the school administration is unable to manage students bihavior issues to promote safe and effective teaching and learning. Some students remain in iss during the all school year while teachers spend more class time dealing with students misbehavior rather than to teach students.

Posted April 09, 2014
I am an 8th grade Wunderlich student, and this school has MAJOR problems. They will give you a detention for having your shirt untucked- once. Some of my teachers don't even really care about what we're learning or the fact that I had a panic attack in class and she said to "get over it, it's not a big deal." The assistant principals encourage you to tell them about your issues, but then they'll do absolutely nothing about it, and put you in the wrong. Misogyny, depression, and bullying are the biggest issues in our school. Academics? We're a laughingstock! Not to mention also that the school places the athletics over everything else, since they never want for money like the Fine Arts groups. If you can afford or manage to send your child somewhere else, DO SO, unless you want your child to have silent lunch every week, no time to be a kid, and the overall sense of failure that this school implants into the minds of the students. This school will make you feel worthless. So please, please, don't send your kids here.

Wunderlich Intermediate School 4

Posted March 13, 2012
I can guarantee the parents who complain about their child being reprimanded for "insignificant things", that if your child is in and out of ISS on a regular basis - we at the school need more support in correcting their actions. The students at this school are wonderful (most of them), the staff works hard (most of them) and the parents are very supportive (most of them). I only wish that we could provide more time, more money and more resources to the betterment of these children.

Wunderlich Intermediate School 3

Posted February 02, 2011
I think the teachers are awesome but the administrators are way to strict. My son gets ISS almost every other week from stuff like talking too much or picking up a marker off the floor. He got ISS for using an unauthorized restroom?! Isnt he missing valuable lessons by sitting in ISS all day? I can understand if he is doing something to harm him or someone else but how strict is too strict? We cant wait for school to be over and move on to high school!

Wunderlich Intermediate School 3

Posted February 01, 2011
As a parent we need to reflect on ourselves. As parents we need to understand that school is a place for education and learning. Teachers and administrators rely heavily on parents to do our parts and teach the basics to our children which is RESPECT for the individual. Our children are a reflection of us the parents. We only get what we put in as parents therefore it does not matter what school your child goes to or learns from. It is what we as parents learn to expect what we accept from our children. Yes, the school is strict but fair. But in the real world we have laws, rules, policies and procedures that we must follow as adults. So why do we expect any different from our children. What message are we sending our children? Wunderlich needs more parent involvement then you can truly see the value in what any school has to offer. Our children are there to learn and if your child can not do so then maybe it time for you to find a school that is suitable for your child and what you will accept from what you expect from your child.

Wunderlich Intermediate School 5

Posted March 02, 2010
I think this school is a great school it's good at sports especially in TRACK! 8th grade girls are beastenn. We won district last year yeahhh!!! The school is good, they help us a lot.. Teachers are nice well some of themm..

Wunderlich Intermediate School
11800 Misty Valley Drive, Houston, TX  77066
Last modified Wunderlich Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wunderlich Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top