Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,274

North Forest High School 5

Posted April 08, 2009
I am a engineering student of forest brook/north forest high, and many of you know nothing but what you see and hear,we have a great vocational program that does extensive help preparing students for farther education and our teachers and counselors allow the help too. But i blame the lazy students who dont take advantage of what we have to offer, which many parents dont know about because their children dont bother to learn about. It is so hard to sit in class and learn when we have students with no home training, i feel this is our problem. We have a great staff, and a great principal and they are working well in our success, now the rest is left up to we kids ad most of us dont see it. I am a junior well on my way to college & thanks to mr.Hayward my engineering teacher,the best.

North Forest High School 1

Posted March 24, 2009
I hate this school....their so unorganized and always late on everything. I'm a senior at this school and I'm part of the first and hopefully last class of North Forest High School..

North Forest High School 1

Posted September 12, 2008
There are very few teachers who actually put forth the effort to prepare the students for higher education. As an alumni from Forest Brook and now a college student, I feel that the majority of the teachers were mediocre and were only there to get a fast paycheck. Their lack of dedication reflects on their TAKS scores and I would not recommend this school to anyone who is planning on going to college.

Posted August 09, 2008
This school was always know as a relief valve for students who could not make it at the traditional higher academically performing schools in the area; it's the easy way out just to say you graduated. Unfortunately, my ex placed our daughter here and my fears have been confirmed. There is little hope for post academia for those who attend here.

Posted July 11, 2007
It's time for NFISD to get back on the map! Organize a job fair and get some of the Alumni to come back and get involved. As for as parents, allow change to take place. It's time for a change...change for the betterment.

Posted May 30, 2007
The school I believe has no control of students. The teachers only call parents when something is wrong and at that sometimes never call.I believe that school has to many students and not enough staff to control them.

North Forest High School 3

Posted January 02, 2007
At the start of school I signed up for P.T.A. There was No P.T.A.meetings held in 2006. We do not get progress reports of our kids. I feel all of NFISD should be doing both.

Posted November 15, 2005
I think that this school has a very poor academic standing. The students are not getting what they need in order to proceed to college. A lot of graduates from this school have expressed there concerns about being taught the adequate amount of information to pass a basic prerequsite at a higher learning instituion. The school has good intentions by having a magnet program but many of those students do not participate and learn on a level that should be expected.

Posted September 13, 2005
Forest Brook High is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. She is a great example of a leader and I will miss seeing her everyday as my daughter graduates this year. Thank you Forest Brook for bringing out the best in my children and giving them the encouragement and confidence they need to go out into the world!

North Forest High School 3

Posted August 31, 2005
It has a bad engineering program. Good sports. Parents are never involved.

10725 Mesa, Houston, TX  77078
Last modified North Forest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
North Forest High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top