Bad
Good

Posted October 23, 2013
This school would do better if they would get rid of the principal. She is the kind of principal that attempts to lead from her desk and it is horrible. The front office staff are way too casual. This school caters to hispanics. The only person who seems to care is the counselor.

Posted January 27, 2013
Not a very good school. My children along with others in my neighborhood would like to attend a better school. If you are not Mexican/Latino do not go this school. JessUp school shows favoristism. Even Hispanics/Mexican comment on their prejudice.

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is not for any nationality Just if you are Spanish/Hispanic. Sorry! They try not to show favorite but it is as clear as day. The Assistant Principal needs to take a course on People Skills, then re-train her staff. Thank You

Posted August 16, 2004
I would like to say Thanks, to the teachers at Stuchberry and Jessup Elemeantary. The teachers stood by my son side until he accomplished the requirments that he need to past to the next level. The teachers at Jessup informed me about everything bad and good. I would like to say everytime I walked into Jessup Elementary, I was greeted with a smile. Jessup Staff members, you have made my son feel very special. I do thank you all for helping my child get to the next level, because the other district did not show as much love as Pasadena. My son would come home an talk about his teacher every day and all through the summer (Mr. Bonn). My son looks up to you. Thank you for your help. My son's time at Jessup was worth while. My son now attends the new school and he loves the school.

Posted August 04, 2004
My daughter missed a semester of kinder due to illness. She had to repeat kinder when we transferred to Jessup. She never wanted to go to class after being sick because she would behind her classmates. The teachers & staff worked with her through sick days & dr. visits. Her teacher kept me updated on what she was missing & worked with her whenever she came back. The office staff knows us by name. The nurse knows all her ails & medicines. Those things mean a lot. The staff makes me feel safe. My daughter is looking forward to the first grade, now. Before, she didn't look forward to the next day. Thank you Ms. Hodson, Nurse Newlin, Ms. Simancas, & the entire Jessup Staff!

Jessup Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2004
My son will be starting his 4th semester at Jessup this fall. He has made Honor Roll or Merit Roll each grading period & now has a little sister joining him. My children were in private school for three years prior to Jessup. This was our first experience with the public school system & I have been left with no regrets. The teachers & staff are extremely supportive to the students, as well as their families.

Posted August 26, 2003
My son has been going there three years an has done very good. Honor roll in second grade. I really like it [that] they work with them. At first, he had problems with reading and now he is fine.

Jessup Elementary School
9301 Almeda-Genoa Road, Houston, TX  77075
Last modified Jessup Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.