Posted November 11, 2014
This will be my first and last year working for GBPA. This school has no structure, organization, materials or leadership and it's ran by an unqualified Superintendent. You want to know why your child has a new teacher mid year or why we had four different Principals in 6 months. How about HR Manager being a high school graduate not knowing who to hire and the superintendent education background is only four years of Life Skills instruction. What a joke. Don't be fooled by the website we do not have a S.T.E.M. program teachers don't have paper or working smart boards. Our sports programs are ran in the parking lot, uniforms are tattered and equipment is insufficient. I have seen a lot of great instructors come and go mostly on their own accord. No one wants to work under This leadership of unqualified individuals, turnover will continue occur and the superintendent will continue to hire his unqualified friends. This school needs to be shut down as a dedicated educator I can no longer be a part of this mockery of a school. The under privilege kids we serve deserve so much more. I would advise you not to take part in GBPA on any grade level.

Posted August 18, 2014
A total disappointment. This school was filthy all the time. My kids field day was outside in the parking lot doing absolutely nothing. The awards program was ghetto and ridiculous. I never received any information from the school about programs, grades, or anything. It was absolutely the worst school year my kids have ever had. My 2nd grader had a different teacher in the middle of the school year. Summer school was about watching movies. I will never allow my kids to go to this school ever again.

Posted September 12, 2013
Disappointing. Lack of organisation, and dicipline. Other students hoot & chant during lectures. Teachers unable to enforce rules, which leads to blatant disregard. IE students on detention walking out without consequence.

Posted August 24, 2012
The school turnover has been a problem,Loved the school vision under original administration .Changes in curriculum administrators and school leadership have tremendously hurt the school. The school board members don't seem to have a clue, Excellent teachers and administrators are threatened by superintendent .

Posted March 10, 2011
Unprofessional.. This is a so called "Hood" / "Ghetto" school. Please refrain from sending your kids here.

Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School 0

Posted May 31, 2009
i think the school is awesome they teach the students good educational skills

Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School 3

Posted March 02, 2009
I have a child who attends . I think that the school has a great principal advocating for the them. She has a vision does not mind rolling up her sleeves to get the job done. Although, the teachers have knowledge of the subject matter some may benefit from a few training sessions on boundries and customer service.It is importnat that the younger teachers realize that compassion and professionalism is the key and not sarcasm and humiliation

Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School 5

Posted January 26, 2009

Posted December 29, 2008
A majority of the school staff is very unprofessional. Children are disrecptful, the extra curriculum actitivies are few. If kids are not into basketball or cheerleading they are left out. There is no library and the food is terrible. My son was blessed to have great teachers while there how ever my experience with other teachers and staff was horrible. I would not reccomend t his school to any one. The male assistant principal is by far the greatest and that is the best thing about the entire school

Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School 0

Posted September 04, 2008
My son graduated from this school in 1999 and I loved it, I took my daughter out after 6th grade because the discipline was more lax than what I was accustomed to for G/B Prep. I wish there was more space and lockers. I wish there was more sports but I am not sure how to make this happen. I appreciate the school being intiamate and somewhat secure. I plan to be more involved this year since my child has returned and is now in 10th grade.

Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School
8282 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX  77074
Last modified Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Girls & Boys Prep Academy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top