Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,812

C E King High School 4

Posted January 17, 2013
I have a son who attends King High School and so far he likes the school and the curriculum. I like this school because the teachers do care and if his teachers have any problems they let me know so I can take care of the problem at home. I believe that the students should be accountable for their education as well as the teachers and parents. I love the fact that the kids are getting prepared for college and the work force. I have read some of the other reviews and I was surprised at some of the comments about the dress code. You need to learn to follow the dress code now because when you enter the workplace you will need to be in dress code there or you will be sent home without pay and in som companies failure to adhere to the dress can be grounds for immediate suspension or termination. Discipline is a great at KHS and I want them to continue to enforce rules and the kids will see the affects of this when they become adults. Keep up the good work KHS staff and administrators.

Posted February 12, 2012
"The teachers are attentive and totally do nothing to hinder learning in terms of idiotic disciplinary actions nor punishing the entire student body for the actions of a few. Teachers are never apathetic or condescending, to the students and respect them as young adults, never taking out their lack of a teaching ability or downfalls out on the students. This school is fantastic! And please allow your child the opportunity to learn at this fine institution of learning like I did."

Posted November 14, 2011
I am a graduate of C. E. King HS and my son will be graduating in 2012. C. E. King HS is not a bad school. School is what you make it. Sheldon ISD is only trying to make a safe and pleasant enviornment for the student to learn and be comfortabel. First of all teacher's and administrator should not have do what partent need to do as for as Discipline... that starts at home!!! We need more parent involoemnet in our schools. It's always the parents that are not involved complaining. We have some great kids in Sheldon and they are get the best education but it up to them to want to learn and be the best they could be. The teacher's and staff in our District is AWESOME!!! they go above and beyond to make sure our child are getting the best education possible. Thanks you,

C E King High School 3

Posted July 20, 2011
I am currently attending C.E. King high and plan to graduate with the class of 2012. So far in my education i have improved because all the teachers that i had in the past all pushed me to do my best and if i had questions i would ask and they would explain in depth. The teens who are failing out are the ones that don't try and don't even want to be in school and this makes our school look bad on the schools grades. I don't blame the teachers i blame the students. Yes they concentrate on dress code but later in the year they no longer care as much. Also the teachers punish the teens if they talk back or being disrespectful well its simple because the teens don't respect the teachers and if they don't get discipline at their house then the teachers have to assigned them d-halls or iss because of their attitudes.

C E King High School 1

Posted June 20, 2011
WORST SCHOOL EVER! Do NOT send your children there! They will never learn anything! & They will only get in trouble for the most stupidest things! These "teachers" all they care about is dress code, they show no concern what so ever on the kid's education! I lived it & still am living it. I absolutely think this school deserves NO stars as a rating. -__-

C E King High School 1

Posted April 11, 2011
I used to go to C E King and I hated that school. The only thing good about that school was there food. Loved the food and the ROTC program. C E King is missed up if you go there you have to watch the teachers because alot of the time they dont count you there. Thats how i lost half a credit and had to take that class again even if I passed which I did. They dont teach you good alot of the teachers expect you to know the lesson on the first try. They are to crazy about dress code. I got a detention for wearing a schol shirt on wednesday and it said c e king on it. Also were IDs if you didnt have your ids you either call someone to find and bring it or buy a new one which was five bucks or go to iss for a day. I hated that school being there from middle school to half a second semester of my sophomore year I moved to North Shore Senior High which is an amazing school i love it they teach you, no dress code, the teachers talk to you and they really help you. If you are planing to go to school around that part of Houston go to North Shore Senior High its only 10 to 15 minutes away from C E King.

C E King High School 2

Posted November 02, 2009

C E King High School 0

Posted July 31, 2009
Im a former graduate from this school and my son just recently graduated in 2007. I do feel this school did not prepare me or my son for the college career.. I feel they take small things to the extreme without thinking about their students future...

Posted June 09, 2009

C E King High School 3

Posted May 22, 2009
I so totally agree with the school being way to into hair, dress, and piercings, whatever it may be. They absolutely are not all that great on academics but anyway I do have to say that the coaches, my son plays footbal their, they're wonderful, tough on the boys for sure, because if they aren't gonna be tough on them and put them and keep them in there places; who will? We can only do so much here at home,when they get to school, we need someone tough on our kids. I feel like as long as they pursue they're education, as long as they aren't showing of their buisness, breasts, butts, stomaches, etc. that they shouldnt worry about looks, at least they aren't into drugs and they do ultimately care about their future. Teachers, get off our kids butts about what they look like and do your job, teach them.

C E King High School
8540 C E King Parkway, Houston, TX  77044
Last modified C E King High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C E King High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top