Posted November 05, 2013
My daughter just started kindergarten here at this beautiful campus. The classrooms are large and clean, and give the children plenty of room for learning. The learning techniques are thoughtful and fun, rather than boring worksheets. Teachers respond promptly to email, and do a great job keeping parents involved. The teachers at this school are SO amazing. They are helpful, and they LOVE these children. We moved to this area for the great public schools, and we couldn't be happier. There is a new principal at this school, and I see her everywhere. She's in the carpool line some mornings and comes to the classrooms to read to the kids in her spare time. They adore her. I've seen her speak, and she commands the room in the most likable, humble way possible. I love that MWE is the smallest school in Spring Branch. It really does feel like a small-town school that's located just outside central Houston. We feel so proud to call it "ours".

Posted September 29, 2013
Meadow Wood Elementary is very much about making school a child-centered, family and community affair. The facility itself is brand new. There is a science lab, art and music rooms, as well as a well-equipped gymnasium. The classrooms are equipped with technology that allows them to compete in a quickly advancing technological world. There are programs available to families after school that help promote student success. iKids is an after school program that gives students a variety of activities to peak their interests. A community center nearby offers computers and printers for use by the children. The teachers are passionate about teaching their students, and they spend time learning what is important to each student and what motivates them. The belief that going "slow" allows students to go "fast" is central. Even though state testing takes the spotlight in the media, the educators are of the mind set that good teaching prepares students for effective results on tests. I would send my child to this campus without blinking an eye!

Posted October 05, 2011
Meadow Wood is a wonderful, loving place! The fabulous teachers and principal are nurturing and devoted to the students. The academics are challenging without overwhelming the kids. The parental involvement is incredible, as evidenced by all the awards the PTA has won. It is much smaller than a lot of the neighboring schools, which means the kids all know one another and the teachers know the kids. The students love going to school, which says everything about how special it is. Meadow Wood is truly a community school, and we are so fortunate to be part of the MWE family!

Posted August 02, 2011
Absolutely one of Houston's best kept secrets. This small school has a strong sense of community, strong academics and an extremely nurturing staff. From the moment you walk in the front door, both you and your child are greeted by name and there is no sense of just being a number as is true in most larger public schools. The school leadership maintains very high standards for its staff and seems to genuinely care about doing what is best for kids. Truly the best school nurse, librarian and principal anywhere. This will be my fourth year with children at MWE and we have hit the teacher jackpot every year! Staff turnover is very low as the teachers love the school as much as the kids and parents do. We started at Meadow Wood as a transfer family, but ended up moving to the neighborhood just for the school and we are very thankful we did.

Posted March 21, 2011
The school provides an incredible learning environment. The parents are extremely involved. Meadow Wood has the highest rate of parent volunteerism in the district. The principal is fully committed to high educational standards and maintains a high level of interaction with the parents.

Meadow Wood Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2010
As a prospective family I found the principal disinterested at best. It appears unless you are an established family you will get the brush off.

Posted May 20, 2010
I have three children currently at MWE and it has been a great experience for all of them. We love the teachers and have never had a bad experience with any one of them. In fact, they consistently go above & beyond what any parent would expect! They make an effort outside of school, too. We have a diverse student population which is a big plus, and the parent involvement consistently wins awards each year for PTA. Lots of stay at home moms volunteer, This school is truly the hub of our community, which is an extremely involved neighborhood of families with similar values and goals for ourselves & our kids. The curriculum is challenging for my overachieving kid, and for the one that struggles, extra help is available. I recommend this school & community to anyone who is interested in & likes to be involved with their kids'

Meadow Wood Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2009
Meadow Wood is one of the very best schools in Texas. The Principal, Robye Snyder amazing with teachers and parents and every child that attends Meadow Wood. I worked there and my children have loved their teachers and enjoy both academic and school activities offered or set up by the school or PTA. My children are outstanding because of the teachers who go out of there way to make every child count. Amazing school!

Posted February 21, 2007
As a former teacher myself, I can say that Meadow Wood elementary is one of the best schools I have seen. The kindergarten team is particularly outstanding. The teachers are able to meet each child where they are developmentally, while making learning fun and creative.

Meadow Wood Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2007
The school has some excellent tenured teachers, however, our experience with math instruction was spotty at best.

Meadow Wood Elementary School
14230 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX  77079
Last modified Meadow Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadow Wood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top