Posted October 02, 2014
MDE has the best teachers! The individualized attention that each student gets is top notch. The curriculum is great for my 1st grader.

Posted January 22, 2012
This is a truly special school; having been a parent of children in both public and private schools, it is the overall star. The teachers, administration, and parents are extremely devoted. As a result, the students benefit in ways beyond the main goal of an excellent academic setting. If you are lucky enough to be zoned to this small school, you will be delighted by the sense of neighborhood it provides, and as so, offers an old fashion feeling in one of America's largest cities.

Posted April 30, 2010
I am extremely grateful to have my children attending this school. Our family recently moved to Texas and were wondering how the transition would play out. Well with the incredible teachers, staff and community my children have blossomed and are excited about school and the move. My son's teacher is outstanding. She has pointed out some areas of concern, which I had but the former school didn't see as concerns and has made great strides to help and get us help for him. Without her concern, caring and continued support his problem would have continued. I can't thank her enough! The children going to this school are very fortunate to have such incredible teachers and the learning experience that they provide here.

Memorial Drive Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2010
They are teaching the kids to take tests. My daughter gets the same exact short books to read for about 2 weeks straight and now to prepare them for 2nd grade they are making the first grade students time themselves on math problems that are exactly the same and in exactly the same order for 4 days. My daughter's class had a substitute teacher teaching them for about the same amount of days or more than her the days here teacher worked

Posted May 27, 2009
This school is like a hidden gem! The faculty and staff are wonderful and the PTA is amazing! The gifted program is about even with some of the private schools in the area, the work is challenging but not too much.

Posted September 29, 2007

Memorial Drive Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2006
I have had my children enrolled at MDE since 2000. The teachers are all very experienced and devoted to the children. A few of the younger teachers have not yet gotten that 'spark factor' going yet. They do not know how to inspire the kids to do their best, rather they focus on what they do wrong. Hopefully the principal will get these teachers inspired to teach positively. The community supports this school tremendously. The PTA raises huge sums of money for enrichment programs. Any child that goes to MDE will get an excellent education.

Posted October 29, 2005
- a former student

Memorial Drive Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2005
- a former student
I went to school at MDE for 3 years, a couple years ago. I can't say my experience there was the best but both of my siblings currently attending the school are certainly obtaining an advanced education. The new principal is a bit too strict, but she's making it possible for students to start learning harder material sooner, and upgrading the school in many ways. I think under her leadership, MDE has become a much better school of higher learning than when I attended. It's a national blue ribbon school, and definitely deserves it. I would highly recommend this school to everyone looking at attending or enrolling their child. They'll be in for an educationally enriched experience that goes above and beyond what you'd expect from an elementary school!

Memorial Drive Elementary School
11202 Smithdale Road, Houston, TX  77024
Last modified Memorial Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top