Posted August 12, 2014
I have had two kids from K-5th and at first the school was amazing. Now the school is so bad that I actually want to take my kids out but I still have hopes for the school to improve. The principals have taken everything away from parents. They complain the the parent don't get involved but yet they don't let the parent participate in any activities with the kids. We can not have lunch with our kids, we can not join in the kids parties and we ant even take our kids to class anymore. We use to be able to do all of this and more. This is why parents don't get involved. He admins talk down to the parents and make them feel like they are the lowest of scum. With these kind of people in our schools I'd rather stay away and only communicate with my child's teacher.

Posted March 10, 2014
I have two kid's at this school for two years, I have seen teachers come and go with out informing the parents. The front desk staff is so unorganized. I will fill out the papers work to volunteer in my kids class, and the school will give me a hard time to sign in to help with there partys. I have been in Fort Bend School District way more involved with the kids and parents and giving notice when needed, way more activities for both parents and kids. This school needs to get more involved with parents. I know there more hispanics at this school but it's sad when we have to suffer for others. Im hispanic myself but i will not let my kids be humiliated by the lack of education if other kids don't want to learn in class or if the parents don't care. Nice school but it needs lot's of work!!!!! You will have more Reviews also if parents cared about there kids education. I will love to see what other parents have to say.

Posted February 19, 2014
I think that the school is famous because it was on a newspaper last year.

Posted July 24, 2013
The test scores stand for themselves. I think there is some irony in the fact that the reviews are so old...Pine Shadows used to be a warm, caring, family oriented environment but not so much any more. Due to testing scores being so low...know that you have the option to send your child to a better performing school! Don't hesitate! I will always continue to pray that PSE can pull themselves out of the downward trend they have created for the past several years.

Posted September 20, 2006
I've been involved with my children at Pine Shadows Elementary for a total of 8 years now and have thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. I cannot say enough for the teachers and staff. They are the definition of 'dedication' to their craft. A++ P.S.E!

Posted July 09, 2006
My two kids attend PSE. My oldest from Kinder through 5th grade. Pine Shadows is awesome! The teachers are amazing and I like the fact that we are able to choose our kids' teachers for each school year. My kids are both Gifted and Talented identified and require a special kind of teacher to keep them challenged and learning. PSE has GT certified teachers in all grade levels. The block teachers are all excellent and provide incredible teaching in all the arts to our students. The staff is top notch. The atmoshere is casual, which in my opinion, allows the staff to focus on the kids and not their wardrobe. The PTA is amazing and supports the staff and thinks of all children and gives to PSE the extras that have been taken away due to budget cuts from the state. You will be very happy with PSE.

Pine Shadows Elementary School 0

Posted March 19, 2006
It is a great school, great staff and facilities. They are focus on students improvement. The childen are encorage to do their best effort, guided by teachers highly skilled and hard workers, forming a great enviroment and successful adults in the future.

Pine Shadows Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2006
This is bilingual school and the education here is somewhat lax. Their tutorial program is more of a daycare program and the some of the teachers are unkempt in their appearance. They also offer choir, guard, some after school activities but overall it is mediocre at best.

Pine Shadows Elementary School
9900 Neuens Road, Houston, TX  77080
Last modified Pine Shadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Shadows Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top