Posted November 03, 2014
This school I would say is pretty moderate, its not great as in bullying means but the teachers are pretty involved. For my child bullying is not very big for him because he stays out of the wrong groups of people, although he sometimes is bullied a bit he always moves on and the next time they try to bully him he knows exactly what to expect, bullies seem to repeat the same insults. Now as for the teachers most are great at what they do and really help the kids out, but some are not just very good with knowing if their kids under stand what they are saying. Over all the school is pretty good and if you don't see any where else that is AMAZING then this school is good for you.

Spring Forest Middle School 5

Posted August 18, 2014
This school is awesome, I went here in the late 70's and my daughter is starting 6th grade here this year. The people and teachers are very involved in learning, they never failed to amaze me!! :)

Spring Forest Middle School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
I actually went to the elementary school as a child and hated it. So when my mother moved back to the area after I went off to college, the second she told me she would be enrolling my brother in Spring Forest I literally begged her for weeks to send him anywhere else. He is much less adjusted to fitting in than I was, and I'm a pretty huge outsider. It wasn't even a week before he started getting bullied. It was all verbal at first, so my mom just told him to ignore it, which is advice that I guess the teachers there also follow because even after informing several teachers AND the principal, nobody did a single thing about it. My mother finally did the right thing and pulled him out of the school about a little over a month in because a child took his trash from lunch and trid to shove it into my brothers mouth.

Posted April 10, 2013
We have had 3 great years at SFMS. The school is diverse, but has a common culture that shows in almost every student - they're proud of their school! Overall the teachers and staff are wonderful and not only care about educating the kids, but are also concerned with their emotional, social and behavioral growth. My son has had the opportunity to play an instrument in Band, participate in several Athletics programs and join both Student Council and National Junior Honor Society. He's made great friends and I feel, is really prepared for high school. All in all, we think SFMS is a fantastic school and are glad to have it as a part of our community.

Spring Forest Middle School 2

Posted November 19, 2012
VERY DISAPPOINTED! MAJOR PROBLEM WITH BULLYING!!! My daugther is a 7th grader here and has attended since the 6th grade. She has not been HAPPY AT ALL and she wated to move!!! I advisded her that as well that not all schools are perfect and to give it another yr. Wrong choice. She comes home and tells me about fights that happen and school and about girls and boys making out in schools. I ask anout the teachers and she says that sometimes they dont see. So this is a concern and see that this school has no control. You would think because its in a good area it would be a great school. I will be withdrawing my daugther from this school. SHOCKED WHEN A READ ALL THE REVIEWS FROM 2012!!!!

Spring Forest Middle School 3

Posted September 22, 2012
I agree with the parent with three kids attending SFMS. It is my daughteres first year there and she is not happy with the enviroment. I to told her that there is no such thing as a perfect school. She comes home telling me about fights that occured during the day. I ask her what happened to the students that fight and she said nothing. If this is true it seems this school does not have a handle of its students. It seem very disorganized. There aren't any computers therefore the students are allowed to use cell phones to access the internet. I dont really agree with this. As far as the academic level, she says most of it is a repeat of her last year from her previous school. I told her to try and stick in there and see how the year progress. I hope we made the right choice sending our child here.

Spring Forest Middle School 5

Posted September 18, 2012
NEW FAX #s School Wide: 713-251-4615 Records Only: 713-251-4603 Please update your directories. Thanks! Records Office Spring Forest Middle School

Posted September 11, 2012
I have three children who attends Spring Forest Middle School (6th, 7th and 8th graders) and they love the teachers at this school. They are very helpful and involved in their students academics. However, my kids want to switch school because of the environment. Students would influence other students to use drugs, engage in sexual activities, start fights, and form cliques. As a parent I explained to my kids that, "there's no perfect school. You may find those same things at another school. It's about knowing who you are and self control in the midst of those destructive behaviors. Kids are going to who they are (because what they learn at home) but you can (by your own upbringing) can be an example by being different and respectful to everybody who are indifferent to you." This is the most of important lesson. So if i am going to move them to another school, It won't be because of the students (because I trust my kids) but it would be about their academic level (whether if they are learning or not) at this school. So far so good! I hope this was helpful. Have a nice one.

Spring Forest Middle School 3

Posted August 21, 2012
Unesserary rules , have to wear uniforms , its not the best school there's always drama . just glad its my last year

Spring Forest Middle School 2

Posted February 17, 2012
Bullying problems for my special needs child in 8th grade at this school. Teachers and admin are ok, students - not so much. Anti-bullying initiatives ineffective. Hurtful and disappointing.

Spring Forest Middle School
14240 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX  77079
Last modified Spring Forest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Forest Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top