Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I haven't seen bullying at this school but i really think this school will get into it if there is ever one day well ever see bullying at Stratford High School

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The teachers in this school teach so well that many kids end up passing the STAAR tests

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I think that this school has a really strong leadership because these kids in this school are pretty amazing and have a great future ahead of them

Develops character: Agree

Most kids respect one another and i have not seen any bullying at this school so i also thinks this is wonderful for the school

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All the teachers are loving and kind to one another and they would always want to know if you're having a bad day and they would cheer you up

Amount of homework: Agree

Yes, i think that this school really think its important to give homework out to the students

I am a student at Stratford High school and i really believe this is a really good safe community and a lot of us are really kind to one another and the teachers are really amazing to the student and they take bullying really seriously

I am a student in Stratford High School and overall I believe this is a wonderful school with many alternatives and opportunities to help us as students be successfully throughout our high school experience and beyond. In the sports aspect we have excellent coaches who push us day after day to improve in our skills pertaining to each and one of our sports. Overall, I'm a proud to say i'm a Stratford spartan.

Stratford High School is an excellent school, as long as you're in the AP/GT track. In the Gifted and Talented and AP programs I've been exposed to great teachers who have inspired me to major in Secondary Education. The student culture, while not as toxic as, say, Memorial High, is very biased in favoring classically pretty rich white kids, who tend to fill the upper level classes, and against basically everyone else, who either find themselves pushed out by their peers or not challenged by their teachers to achieve. Most of the great teachers end up teaching AP and GT classes, leaving the awful teachers that just need to retire to teach the academic level classes. The fine arts program at Stratford is by far the best in the district. All three theatre directors are well liked and respected, as are most of the directors in the other arts programs. All four fine arts consistently excel in contests, earning the highest possible rankings at UIL and winning city and state wide honors with the annual all-school musical (featuring a live student orchestra) and other performances/concerts. Each program has been life-changing for many, and most consider their art to be their family.

I moved my family here from Oregon in 2007. We lived in a suburb with excellent schools. They were all considerably smaller than the ones my kids have attended here in Texas. We lived in The Woodlands for two years. The schools have great kids, but they were very overcrowded and the pretentious nature of the high school did not suit my West Coast kids very well. We moved into the west part of Memorial and I am so glad my son had his last two years at Stratford. The demographics are quite mixed and I think that is the reason the school is a bit more ego-constrained than The Woodlands High. And, by taking AP classes, my son was totally prepared for the academics of college. School activities are terrific. There are students here who come from problematic demographics and, sadly, are probably destined for underachievement. But, from what I've seen, students who want a great education will get it at Stratford if they put forth the required effort. Excellent academics and extracurricular activities.

Last modified Stratford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.