Houston, TX

Posted October 24, 2011
I sent two children to Terrace and was torn when my youngest had to leave due to moving to another district. They both loved the school. What I liked most about Terrace is the level of teacher involvement. With the exception of only one year (my daughter's 2nd grade year), my kids had the luck of the draw with their teachers. They are very in tune to the kids and very communicative with the parents. They were great about making time for the parents and communicated timely via email or even phone calls. There were instances, where there were issues with other students, but I do feel the school handled any occurrences quickly, appropriately and without bias for either student. Terrace is smaller than most schools in Houston; which a plus in my opinion. Both my kids have since moved to larger schools and now the one-on-one parent/teacher communication is gone. I do think, however, that Terrace could use some improvement academically. Terrace is a population of close-nit students and teachers and you defnitely feel like you belong when you go there. I give Terrace 4.5 starts out of 5!

Posted April 23, 2009
when i went here for 3rd to 5th grade, it was like the best school i have ever been to!i can still remember all the memories from that school ,and the best part i liked about it is that there is no uniform.

Posted June 06, 2007
My children had an extraordinary experience at Terrace. The teachers are very dedicated and care about their students. Having TRIBES implemented throughout the school is a benefit.

Posted March 28, 2006
My 4 children have gone to Terrace elm since they were 5 years old. terrace is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. they are so nice and they even help out on saturdays. The principal is kind and knows each child by there name. She is a great example of a leader . Thank you Terrace for bringing out the best in my children and giving them the encouragement and confidence they need to go out into the world! they have learned alot here at this school

Posted March 28, 2006
terrace is a very good school i have 4 children there and they have learned alot to write and read even to do math which my 3rd grade did not even know the teachers are very good and help full and they take there time to show the children thats why they learn easy and quick hope all the schools would be like this for me this school is number 1 and the p.t.a is a very good way to help out our children learnd more the principal is a very nice person and when theres a problem she fixes it very quick i recomned this school to every one liviing in spring branch hope middle school is the same now that i will have one in spring oaks middles next year.

Posted March 20, 2005
I Great school, good kids and the teachers really care. It is safe and has a very nurtururing atmosphere.

Terrace Elementary School 3

Posted July 26, 2004
There are some wonderful and dedicated teachers at Terrace and overall I am satisfied with the curriculum, but they don't teach a second language and have very few extra curricular activiites. Additionally, I feel that it lacks strong leadership and a formal disciplinary process.

Posted September 09, 2003
I am proud to send my children to this school. What a wonderful treasure that we have. The diversity and 'welcome atmosphere' that we have cannot be beat. The teachers are accomodating and nurturing. The kids are good. The PTA is one of the best in the district. The volunteering has come down a bit in numbers, but the dedication remains.

Terrace Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2003
This is a wonderful school with an active PTA. I am pleased with the quality education my child has received at this school. The teachers are caring and strive to instill in the children the values of education. My son was to taught not only to read, but to love and enjoy books and stories. His skills in all classes have continued to grow with the nurturing of the Terrace faculity. The teachers also teach the importance of friendship and respect of others in the classroom, and I think this is a wonderful value for kids to learn at an early age. I feel Terrace is truly a remarkable well rounded educational experience for my son!

Terrace Elementary School
10400 Rothbury Street, Houston, TX  77043
Last modified Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terrace Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top