Bad
Good

This school is located in a substandard building, but the education and experience is truly exceptional. The faculty and administration know each student, and work hard to make a challenging curriculum engaging. The student body is diverse, both racially and economically and yet the school still has a culture of unity and acceptance. A note on testing: The students ace the state test each year, but there are no ridiculous drills wasting class time -- they just take the test for a few hours and move on. I love this school and am so sad that our time there is done.

My school has the most challenging academics in our district. Algebra and Geometry are two examples of challenging academics. Pre-Ap classes also make up our great curriculum.

I AM A STUDENT A CSA AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! GO MRS HENNIG AND THE COUGARS!!!!

Cornerstone has good teachers and innovative ideas including combining the social studies and L.A. curriculum. However, they are not good in working with individual student differences. They attribute individual student academic issues to individual student deficits versus legitimate learning problems such as add/adhd or dyslexia. There is a marked lack of diferentiation. Very frustrating!

I am a parent of two children at Cornerstone. I can't say enough about this school. The staff, the students and especially the teachers are truly amazing. The teachers actually CARE about their students. I've seen teachers go "far and above" to make sure each student understands the concepts. Those teachers have taken my kids and given them the knowledge and confidence to succeed in middle school. Can a parent ask for anything more? I've spoken with parents who have had kids go through CSA in the past and the parents STILL credit that school with their children's successes! What does that say about the teachers?? They are wonderful. EVERY one of them is wonderful. My family is truly blessed to be a part of Cornerstone. I can't express that enough.

My daughter is in her second year at Cornerstone and I feel she is receiving an exemplary education. The co-teaching that happens at this school is a great benefit to students. I believe this school does alot to give students many avenues to learn what is expected of them with lots of ways to learn and always a positive attitude towards the child. The school is a great bridge between elementary school and high school. Each student is treated like the important individual that they are and given a great opportunity to thrive. I could not be happier with Cornerstone Academy!

We have just completed the worst year at Cornerstone. The 7th grade Math/Science teachers were horrible! Our teachers completely disregarded SBISD grading policy by failing to have the minimum amount of grades required by the District. Our teachers also had other SBISD policy infractions that were brought before the Director. The teachers were pretty new to teaching, did not enjoy it, could not differentiate their teaching methods to accommodate kids learning styles, and bullied the kids. About 1/4 of the class failed the year and attended summer school. The Director knew of the problems in the class and failed to react to the situation. She was unwilling to accept that there was a problem in the class and more unwilling to do her job to remedy the situation. The Director has checked out on the education process and is resting on her past successes. What should have been a great year was a very disappointing year. Cornerstone has developed a reputation in the greater SBISD community as having a flawed grading system, assigning group projects that don't work, having teachers who play favorites, and most importantly, matriculating kids who are not ready to transition to High School.

Cornerstone is an amazing school. I've been here all three years and I can strongly say these 3 years have been the best. It's so sad having to leave such a warm and close knit environment. The teachers are helpful and the students are kind. There's not very much bullying, and there are many opportunities given to report it. I strongly advise everyone to apply, it provides so much more than my zoned school would have. There are so many field trips and fun activities. The principal is amazing. By the end of 3 years, she knows everyone by name. Cornerstone Academy is the best middle school in the district.

Cornerstone is a great middle school, coming from an eighth grader that's been attending it since 6th grade. The teachers are very interactive and come up with creative ways to teach students. Personally, I feel that as a CSA student, I was introduced to more opportunities and advantages than I would have been if I went to the middle school I was zoned to. I'm very grateful for Cornerstone, its teachers, staff, and even the students. There is rarely a case of bullying, resulting in a positive learning environment. We often work in groups on projects, rather than individually, giving students a chance to learn with their friends, instead of just being in the same class. Overall, I'm so glad I got accepted into Cornerstone, and if you're considering Cornerstone for a middle school, I would highly recommend applying. (:

I currently attend school here and I must say it is an amazing school. You work at your own pace and if you don't understand something the teachers will help you through it. The teachers? Wow they are some good teachers they believe that the learning we do inside the classroom is the most important part. Not the tests but what we spend 7 hours learning. I think this is the best school I could get my education at. Our principle

Last modified Cornerstone Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.