Posted February 08, 2014
this school is bad. but fun. its really not the school its the kids.yupp its alright. try it

Posted February 08, 2014
my school is not perect. But life isnt perfect. Be you. and life should be well here. Stay confident

Posted February 08, 2014
my school is fun. them kids bad. but my grades good. its actually good. try it. yeah.

Posted November 16, 2013
Westfield High School is a great school, I have a 10 grader that went there for 2 years and has been passing with a's and 'b's in all her classes both years . The teachers are amazing, its just that the parents are not involved or not caring, therefore the students don't care because, they know that there parents wont do anything about it. This is a great school for involved parents

Westfield High School 1

Posted August 31, 2012
2nd week I am so appalled that my grandson was roughed up by simply waving at another student say bye and see you later. The SISD police roughed him up interrogated him and almost made him miss his bus and asked what set was he in? He didn't even know what they meant. I heard awful stories and now this. It's a shame to accuse a child of being in a gang. My grandson doesn't want to go back.

Posted July 11, 2012
My son attended Westfield this year, 9th grade. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. We stayed on my son about applying himself and keeping his circle of friends small, if any. We helped him with his homework and made sure he had everything he needed. We also checked his grades online weekly. My son passed the STARR with flying colors, exceeding average. There was one teacher who was stressed, but we just moved him and he went from failing that class to passing with the new teacher...even the final exam... passed.

Posted May 21, 2012
I currently have three children attending Westfield High School. I want to believe in Westfield and the public school system in general. Westfield has had a very hard few years. Katrina resulted in several years of descending academic achievement and over burdened staff. Overburdened staff result in less enthusiastic and less successful classrooms. I see slow progress in the school, but still progress none the less. I believe there is a core of good educators "running uphill" to make a difference. I want the school and community to understand that pulling together we can turn the achievement curve of our future. We must put education first, education first, education first. Education is knowledge, Knowledge is power. Power is success, Success is a positive future for parenthood and careers. This starts a new cycle....Put education first....If you want the best for your kids and your community., good communities have better values to bring people with better values....a better cycle...Everyone of us make a difference, positive or negative....everyday. Which difference do you make? I think the staff of Westfield has more positive days than negative. You can help

Posted February 28, 2012
I am a parent of a Westfield freshman and the issue I have is not with the administration but the parents. Parents are not as involved in their kids education like they used to be. I have been up to the school and hear a parent get upset with the front office because the school was asking the mom to come up there and bring an extra set up clothes for her daughter to change into, dressing inappropriately or in club gear is not for school, they are there for an education not a fashion show. Parents need not to blame the teachers nor administration because it starts at home. I don't feel that its all the responsibility of the teachers, that also starts at home. The teachers are there to educate not babysit. Maybe if the parents would pay more attention to whats going on with their children then there wouldn't be that big of an issue. Secondly, the district should start fining those parents whose kids are not in attendance like they should be and maybe that will be an eye opener as well. I am in contact with all of my kids teachers, I make it my business to be involved. Education doesn't end at school because it starts at home.

Posted August 09, 2011
I am a staff member in Spring and a parent as well. I have my concerns about Westfield but I am confident that I would have the same concerns regardless of what school my children attend. I am a firm believer that people help those who help themselves. If a student wants to be successful at Westfield they have every opportunity to do so and I believe there are teachers who are still in the business of educating students who want to learn. It's a fact that the older the kids get the less involved the parents are. Teachers and administrators can not take on the task of educating and raising students alone. Parents must be actively involved in the process. Students should know the expectations of school even before they arrive because parents should have placed those expectations on the student. We all need to work together as a community to ensure the success of each student. Westfield is not a perfect school but it has a lot to offer if a student wants to be successful.

Posted August 22, 2010
Even though I don't always feel safe, some of the administration is terrible, and some teachers are nut cases...I love it. The AP classes are fantastic, and every endeavor you wish to pursue will be supported by someone. You make your own education at Westfield, and if you chose to work hard the teachers will support you whole-heartedly. This student population is spirt-filled, and the Band Program is awesome. The school teaches you good life lessons, and doesn't confine you in a disillusioned bubble.

Westfield High School
16713 Ella Boulevard, Houston, TX  77090
Last modified Westfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top