Alief Montessori Community School

Charter | PK-5 | 283 students

Living in Houston

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $75,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted August 20, 2013

My child attended Alief Montessori Community School last year, he went in as a 3rd grader - never been to a Montessori school before, but with the help of his teacher, he quickly pick up the conceptional learning offered at this school. I love the caring teacher that James had, Ms. C took the time to correspond to my inquiries via e-mail and we worked with me to assist my child, not only academically but with his social and emotional well being in interaction with peers. My child is a very impressionable boy and I not only concern about his academic achievements but is social and emotional well being as well - it was a blessing to know that his teach is just as concern about all her "children" (students) as I am with my. I had given a 4 stars instead of 5 b/c it only goes up to 5th grader and the school is small, right in the meddle of a small neighbor, who make it very obvious that they do not like the idea of having AMCS near by that block their traffic 2 x a day. Would be nice if more tax money can be spent for public Montessori education, such as AMCS, then there will be more students loving school and learning conceptually vs. blind memorization.

Posted May 29, 2013

This is a great school in terms of teaching quality!!! Although they don t have fancy facility (maybe the neighborhood is not very nice), it s REAL Montessori education methodology!! My daughter attended this school when she was 3. At that time she doesn t know any English. Now she is 5 (this year she will go to K): she can read a lot, she can write whole sentence, she writes in cursive, she knows additional and subtraction and the concept of division and multiplication, she knows the countries in South America .most importantly, she knows the manners and very disciplined. She learns much more than I expect I love this school. However, I wish they have more funding to build a nice playground (the buildings are very new, just don t know if they don t have enough funding to finish the playground). Also, wish they can have smaller size of class. I highly recommend this school if you like Montessori style and you don t want to pay expensive tuition (because it s chartered the tuition is very reasonable here).

Posted March 7, 2012

Both of my children have been in this school for over four years now and I'm very pleased with the education and the dedication that the school provides. The efforts that the teachers and staff place towards the students is tremendous. My son, who is currently a third grader, is reading at fourth grade level and as a parent, I'm very happy with the results every year. My daughter sometimes struggles, but the teachers efforts does not go unnoticed when she sends her with work to improve her abilities and I'm very happy how my daughter finds it exciting to learn. My daughter has this will power to keep learning and doesn't want to quit until she gets it right. I can't say anything negative about this school, but other than to keep doing a great job!

Posted October 20, 2011

I have three girls that go to AMCS, one started when she was 3. I have had the honor of knowing several teachers and they've all been excellent. The principal is also extraordinary in her concern for not only academics but also the physical well being of all the students. This school is also culturally diverse which I believe adds to a well rounded education for the kids and they get to see and interact with kids from different backgrounds. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged and valued at this school as well, though I have not been able to be as involved as I would ve liked. The admin and support staffs are also excellent. I cannot say how thankful I am that we found this school for our children. I would recommend this school to any parent who values an excellent start for their kids education.

Posted May 25, 2010

My kids (boy and girl) attended this school 2 years ago. We moved to Cinco Ranch in Katy but we still miss this school. My kids really loved it!! The teachers are awesome and very kind, they care about children's self esteem not only math and reading. I wish more resources ($$)were invested in projects and the facilities . Ms. Delia and Ms. Anna, thank you for all your effort and love!! You will be in our hearts forever!!

Posted April 27, 2009

I have a daughters and both are in the school. The teachers are exellent, nice, and full of ideas. Both could began to read books around 4.5 years old, and they enjoy there that much, that once when moved to Katy ISD, and the older one didn't like it and we had to move her back to this school. Recommend for all the parents who want their kids to be great on reading and math.

Posted February 4, 2009

My daughter is in pre-k and my son is now in 1st grade. I love everything about AMCS the teachers and staff are very friendly and my kids love then all. My son is excelling in math and reading so is my daughter right behind, I could not ask for more but to say thank you and keep doing the good work for our children.

Posted January 28, 2009

My two children attend the school and I know that the skills that they learn from this school will prepare them for higher education.

Posted August 1, 2008

This school is great. My daughter attended PreK and Kindergarten and the way they teach (Montessori) they learn much more then they would in a public or even some private schools. The teachers are nice (We had Ms. Anna) and very easy to communicate with. They definitely are willing to work with you on your child's education. She goes into first grad this year and I'm sure it will be another wonderful year.

Posted August 29, 2007

I love Alief Montessori Community School and I recommend the school to fellow parents because since my son began he has excelled in reading and mathematics and he is only in the 1st grade. I love the whole montessori concept of learning at your own pace and last year Ms. Anjali was great. I wish the school continued through high school but a montessori education is the only education I would consider for my children.

Posted August 9, 2007

My daughter has attended Alief Montessori from grades 1-3. She has excelled so much in all aspects. Her teacher, Mrs. Martinez was awesome and understood how to work with individual personalities. The afterschool care was great as well.

Posted September 21, 2004

My daughter is new to Alief Montessori Community School. Previously, she attended a rather costly private Montessori school, and the quality of her education now is parallel if not supercedes what we were receiving. The teachers and staff are professional, organized and they provide a well structured environment for serious (but fun) learning. Thus far, I am very pleased with my daughter's progress in reading and her enthusiasm for learning continues to be nutured once she leaves home and arrives to school. The multicultural mix of students, parents and staff fosters respect and appreciation for other cultures. Debra Brown

Posted August 27, 2004

I am very happy with my son's progress. His teacher is caring and has high expectation from him which I think is the reason for his fast progress. Teaching method does not based on age, but rather ability. My son can learn at his own pace using the tool of his choice to learn certain concepts like mathematics, phonics, geography, etc. He demonstrates good manner at home. Parent involvement is incredible here. At meeting, more than half of all the parents show up... a big plus for all. Since this is a charter school, you don't have to live within certain area to go here. I would recommend this school to anyone.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

36 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

36 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

All Students97%

Limited English proficient (LEP)60%
Proficient in English90%
Non-migrant80%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

All Students82%

Proficient in English90%
Non-migrant90%
Non-Gifted90%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 36% 4%

• NANCY CHIEU
Fax number
  • (281) 564-1795

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4215 H Street