Alief Montessori Community School 2

Posted November 17, 2014
I am concerned about all of the new teachers at this school. They are always hiring new teachers in the elementary. I also don't know why I have to pay a supply fee when this is a public charter school.

Posted August 13, 2014
I am a former student of Alief Montessori Community School. I first attended this school at the age of three and later transferred at the age of seven. The four years at Alief Montessori taught me more than just mathematics, cursive, geography and all the basics, but more than that, the teachers there helped me expand my knowledge and really open my eyes to the world. The variety of opportunities helped me to find out what I like and what I'm good at doing. This coming fall semester, I'm am going to be a sophomore at high school, but I still visit my teachers and principal there every summer, even after 7 years. Ms. Mubina and Mrs. Chieu, thank you so much for all your guidance and love!! Have another wonderful year!!

Alief Montessori Community School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
My child attended Alief Montessori Community School last year, he went in as a 3rd grader - never been to a Montessori school before, but with the help of his teacher, he quickly pick up the conceptional learning offered at this school. I love the caring teacher that James had, Ms. C took the time to correspond to my inquiries via e-mail and we worked with me to assist my child, not only academically but with his social and emotional well being in interaction with peers. My child is a very impressionable boy and I not only concern about his academic achievements but is social and emotional well being as well - it was a blessing to know that his teach is just as concern about all her "children" (students) as I am with my. I had given a 4 stars instead of 5 b/c it only goes up to 5th grader and the school is small, right in the meddle of a small neighbor, who make it very obvious that they do not like the idea of having AMCS near by that block their traffic 2 x a day. Would be nice if more tax money can be spent for public Montessori education, such as AMCS, then there will be more students loving school and learning conceptually vs. blind memorization.

Posted May 29, 2013
This is a great school in terms of teaching quality!!! Although they don t have fancy facility (maybe the neighborhood is not very nice), it s REAL Montessori education methodology!! My daughter attended this school when she was 3. At that time she doesn t know any English. Now she is 5 (this year she will go to K): she can read a lot, she can write whole sentence, she writes in cursive, she knows additional and subtraction and the concept of division and multiplication, she knows the countries in South America .most importantly, she knows the manners and very disciplined. She learns much more than I expect I love this school. However, I wish they have more funding to build a nice playground (the buildings are very new, just don t know if they don t have enough funding to finish the playground). Also, wish they can have smaller size of class. I highly recommend this school if you like Montessori style and you don t want to pay expensive tuition (because it s chartered the tuition is very reasonable here).

Posted March 07, 2012
Both of my children have been in this school for over four years now and I'm very pleased with the education and the dedication that the school provides. The efforts that the teachers and staff place towards the students is tremendous. My son, who is currently a third grader, is reading at fourth grade level and as a parent, I'm very happy with the results every year. My daughter sometimes struggles, but the teachers efforts does not go unnoticed when she sends her with work to improve her abilities and I'm very happy how my daughter finds it exciting to learn. My daughter has this will power to keep learning and doesn't want to quit until she gets it right. I can't say anything negative about this school, but other than to keep doing a great job!

Posted October 20, 2011
I have three girls that go to AMCS, one started when she was 3. I have had the honor of knowing several teachers and they've all been excellent. The principal is also extraordinary in her concern for not only academics but also the physical well being of all the students. This school is also culturally diverse which I believe adds to a well rounded education for the kids and they get to see and interact with kids from different backgrounds. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged and valued at this school as well, though I have not been able to be as involved as I would ve liked. The admin and support staffs are also excellent. I cannot say how thankful I am that we found this school for our children. I would recommend this school to any parent who values an excellent start for their kids education.

Posted May 25, 2010
My kids (boy and girl) attended this school 2 years ago. We moved to Cinco Ranch in Katy but we still miss this school. My kids really loved it!! The teachers are awesome and very kind, they care about children's self esteem not only math and reading. I wish more resources ($$)were invested in projects and the facilities . Ms. Delia and Ms. Anna, thank you for all your effort and love!! You will be in our hearts forever!!

Alief Montessori Community School 0

Posted April 27, 2009
I have a daughters and both are in the school. The teachers are exellent, nice, and full of ideas. Both could began to read books around 4.5 years old, and they enjoy there that much, that once when moved to Katy ISD, and the older one didn't like it and we had to move her back to this school. Recommend for all the parents who want their kids to be great on reading and math.

Alief Montessori Community School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
My daughter is in pre-k and my son is now in 1st grade. I love everything about AMCS the teachers and staff are very friendly and my kids love then all. My son is excelling in math and reading so is my daughter right behind, I could not ask for more but to say thank you and keep doing the good work for our children.

Posted January 28, 2009
My two children attend the school and I know that the skills that they learn from this school will prepare them for higher education.

Alief Montessori Community School
4215 H Street, Houston, TX  77072
Last modified Alief Montessori Community School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alief Montessori Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top