PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Wonderful school! My two boys have been going to St Cecilia for a year now and absolutely love it. Lots of homework but they've learned so much already. Compared with other schools in Houston they've been at private and public this one wins them all

No school is perfect but SCCS does a great job keeping the academic standards and expectations high while at the same time constantly changing and adapting to make sure they are keeping up with current trends, particularly technology. We have seen a significant improvement in quality of instruction tied to the increased use of tools such as the smart boards and iPads. Its a great place for our children to get an academically rigorous education to prepare for the future as well as a strong Catholic education that encourages community service, which we like.

Phenomenal school! My oldest just graduated from here and my 2nd is beginning middle school. They develop young students to be capable, responsible, worldly, compassionate human beings. They emphasize leadership and the graduates basically populate the list of Houston's business and government leaders. This year 100% of the students applying to the top Catholic High Schools were accepted. The school excels in every endeavor.. Academics are outstanding and require focus and effort to keep up to the bar. Sports are also stellar--and they get there by developing the student, not just athletes. The school trains the whole individual, not just academics or sports. When your child goes to SCCS, he/she is joining a family--all SCCS students have a shared experience and they are truly a cut above the others. When you meet a St Cecilia student you remember it. The community (think "family") is amazing as well. Our family went through an extremely difficult time and the school admin, staff and the parents org's were truly wonderful, helping us along with every kind of support.. I am deeply grateful. Submitted by a parent

The school is full of snobs and the staff plays into it. The staff plays favorites and many of the teachers have been there for too long and don't value education. There is an excessive amount of drama. The religion part of the education is great but the drama that comes with attending that school pushes many away. There is loads of homework, biased teachers, unfair grading, and many unjust things.

The most stressful time in my life was when attending SCCS. Loads of homework. My Mom was teaching more to me at night than what the teachers were during the day. Kids were stressed out and just learning enough to pass. The girls in the school get away with everything. Boys are few and far between. They wanted me on ADHD meds and I'm not ADHD. Horrible school and wish I could have my time back from when I attended.

St. Cecilia Catholic School is the right choice for my children - we're impressed with the ongoing focus on enriching and expanding the curriculum with an eye on growing technology in the classroom at all grade levels. We're also impressed with the close-knit community spirit, the dedication to Catholic identity and the importance of social-justice service learning programs. St. Cecilia remains one of the top Catholic elementary/middle school programs in Houston.

We have three children who attend St. Cecilia, and are very pleased with the education they are receiving. The teachers are excellent, and the administration is committed to the development of the students. It's a positive mix of tradition and innovation.

This has to be superficially the greatest private school in the Houston area. They look great and pretend to act nice. But, in actuality is one of the worst educations. They don't follow a schedule even though the preach they it to their students. They don't support a great education and aren't willing to dedicate the time it takes to catch up to one. And, most students come home crying from being publicly humiliated. Some of the teachers have been known to be out right mean and cruel, and this isn't acceptable. Send your children elsewhere, this school system hasn't caught back up to its former glory yet.

My third daughter is starting this year, I've been open to considering other schools and have looked into to others through the years, but felt sccs was the right place for them. I know kids who've left to go onto to other schools...typically because their kids struggled with the academics and the move was right for them. Other kids leave for other reasons...like they were a discipline problem and the school won't put up with that...I commend them. I went to strake and although I think they need to push math more than they do, my kids are doing way more than I did before I went to strake and I went to public and was behind when I got the b/c I wasn't prepared. There's a right place for every kids and SCCS is where I'm sending them...the catholic environment is important to me too.

I am currently at St Cecilia Catholic School and it has been the greatest blessing of my life. It is a great school for a faithful Catholic who can meet the challenging classes, a great athletic program and spiritual guidance. The priests here are the best of the best, and the teachers are very knowledgeable. We have many new middle school teachers who spend time getting to know us and provide help before school. The principal is in the classroom or hallway and greets us by name.

Last modified St. Cecilia Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8