PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My oldest child graduated from Assumption several years ago and my youngest is still currently attending school there. I am thankful that I didn't base my decision off of reviews. I visited the school several times before making a final decision. I had lots of questions and the front office was kind enough to always answer them for me. The school has gone through several changes over the years while my children have been there but it has been beneficial to the students. I couldn't be more happy that we made Assumption our home. My oldest son is excelling in high school and my younger son could not wait to get back to school over the summer. Yes, there are rules and procedures put in place that I do not always agree with but at the end of the day it is what is best for my child and the other students enrolled. Assumption is a great community and everyone is always looking for ways to help out. If you are looking for a school I encourage you to take a tour and meet with staff and parents.

Had my child test at another school and it turns out that my child was not admitted due to scoring low. My child has attended Assumption since kindergarten. Just wish that the teachers at Assumption would of pushed my child a little more or at least told me something. Report cards were always good, but his Iowa test scores were always low. I should of known better. The classes are not even that big (student wise) so I really don't understand why the teachers can't put that extra effort. Now I'm just stuck! The teachers and staff are nice, but academically the school is not that great.

Not all Catholic schools are created equal...turns out that St. Rose's benchmarks are a lot higher than Assumptions' benchmarks (for the same grade levels) or maybe Assumption benchmarks are not being met, either way students from Assumption are not being educated with the same care than those student who attend St. Rose...Trapped because Assumption is better than HISD but worse than St. Rose...and kids cant test in to St. Rose due to Assumptions lower bench marks....... as a parent its a difficult situation to be in...

the years 2013-2015 were the worst I has since. And it was hard to watch it go downhill.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

First of all,they had no college degrees nor were they certified.For those particular individuals it was their 1st time in the classroom.

This is has been the best school I have worked at. The Principal is a great Principal. The teacher show great leadership and they care about the kids. Its better than ST. Rose. The teachers really teach these kids. The test scores are at a good place but could be higher. Only if the kids would study at home. I would recommend this school to any parent. The atmosphere is very great. The students here are awesome.

There are a lot of changes going on at the school, I'd say for the better. I think enrollment is going to go up once more people hear about the school. A lot of new teachers came in, especially in the junior high. Some parents are angry because suddenly their kids aren't doing well, but I'm glad our kids are actually getting prepared for high school for a change, even if it means they actually have to work.

New principal came in, 9 out of 18 teachers quit the same year. Enrollment is down to 200 over the 9 grade levels. Sports teams are failing, test scores below average, massive debt to the archdiocese. The new junior-high religion teacher has zero qualifications or experience.

If some parents are not happy because their kids are behind their academics after Seton...I think you parents need to teach your children diligence. Seton is a great school...Administration...can't complain, I have two children currently attending Seton, and and my eldest is an alumni of Seton now attending a very prestigious Catholic High School and so far excelling in his academics.

My sons attended Seton and have gone on to St. Pius X and have done very well, and I still have one at Seton. The principal is exceptional--outstanding listener, strong leader, excellent role model, and very involved in all aspects of the school. Most teachers are very good. Even the 'worst' are better than you'll find in many expensive private schools, and they all genuinely care about the kids. Seton has given my boys an excellent middle school education and I would highly recommend it.

Last modified Assumption Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8