No rating

St Agnes Academy School

Private | 9-12

Living in Houston

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $93,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted May 1, 2013

The quality of teaching seems inconsistent. Perhaps what is needed is more Interactive teaching and active learning.

Posted February 12, 2013

St agnes is a great school and prepares you for your future by making you a well-rounded student.

Posted February 11, 2012

Unfortunately, I was only a student at St. Agnes for one year before my family was relocated to another city. However, I can honestly tell you that that one year at St. Agnes was the most incredible year of my life. The teachers are outstanding, and they make you look forward to their classes each and every day. Even though, yes, the majority of my time at SAA was spent stressing non-stop over my classes, I wouldn't trade my time there for anything, especially after leaving and being forced to realize that there truly is no place like St. Agnes anywhere else in the world. I'm at a great school, and I love the people here, but St. Agnes is completely on another level in the way the faculty interact with the students, the amount of school pride and spirit every girl has, and the intellectually stimulating environment that is provided. Every day there I was in awe of the girls around me in my classes, and we all came to know and love one another in a way that was truly like we were sisters. This is without a doubt the most amazing place you could ever go for high school, and I fully recommend it to anyone who is willing to do the work.

Posted September 28, 2011

I am a senior at SAA this year. I actually do love my school. I have some complaints, but the school itself, I love. I think anyone can flourish here. I love the environment of school spirit and sisterhood. I also cannot talk about how amazing the teachers are, they are all extremely intelligent and devoted to teaching us (I mean, you kinda have to be to be willing to teach for less money than public school teachers get- although they say its cuz they love us). The administration knows what they're doing, and the college counselors are a big help- especially now- Senior year! The only complaints I have is the math placement system: there are 4 different levels so by senior year the highest placing students are in calc bc, the next in h pre-cal, then calc ab, then all the regular classes, so some people can't even take calc their senior year, even though they placed higher. Also sometimes the stress is too overwhelming- but you get over it- I'm really good at time management now

Posted April 16, 2010

I went to this school for 4 years and I loved! The only thing I didn't like was that we were limited if we wanted to pursue more advanced classes than our peers. Sr. Jane Meyer though is the perfect example for young women and this school deserves a 10 out of 10 for turning out confident thoughtful women.

Posted November 11, 2009

I am currently a senior at St. Agnes Academy. This school has changed my life. When I came in as a freshman, I was a typical 14 year old girl; I was terribly self conscious and a bit shy. St. Agnes has provided an environment that encourages me to develop educated opinions and voice them confidently. I am inspired everyday not only by the faculty and staff (who are phenomenal), but also by the amazing students. I've heard people outside of St. Agnes criticize the all-gil thing, but I think it's actually really helpful. Everyone feels less-self conscious about speaking in class, and the boys from Strake Jesuit share some classes and are allowed on campus at lunch. I would recommend St. Agnes in a heartbeat to anyone. I know I'll be graduating not only very well prepared for college, but also a confident, well rounded individual.

Posted May 25, 2009

I am a student at SAA and I have to say St. Agnes is definetley not what they appear to be. I was expecting a school that would truly prepare me for the future and make me a better more well rounded person but St. agnes hasnt done that. They misplace students into the wrong classes based on 'placement tests ' and theirdecisions are final. Creating an academic curriculum for a student based on only one test makes no sense. They are almost inactive when it comes to extracurricular activities. No one placed in the science fair at city, your forced to do orchestra/band afterschool not as a class which means your ability to particiate in other activities is completley cut off, theyre clubs are unorganized and you dont really have time to do much other than memorize facts and cram. Thats all SAA is, a long cram session. completley usesless.

Posted December 16, 2008

St. Agnes is an amazing college prep school. An alum myself, I cannot begin to express to you the enormous effect the school has had on my life. I watched many of my peers in college struggle, some of whom went to the best public schools in the city. It was a breeze for me (and I had an average GPA at SAA). I now have a wonderful business career, a small side venture of my own and a beautiful family. St. Agnes gives you the confidence to go and make a name for yourself in a competative world. I am eternally grateful to my parents for the sacrifices they made to send me there.

Posted August 11, 2008

St. Agnes has excellent teachers, curriculum, hard-working students and a great technology program. In addition almost the entire school will be remodeled by the beginning of the 08-09 school year.

Posted December 26, 2007

Great school! All the girls are highperforming and competative. My daughter has learned so much in so little time. I wish my older daughter had attended.

Posted October 30, 2007

My daughter attended St. Agnes, because her brother attended Strake Jesuit. She wanted to go to Katy HS with her friends, but we asked her to attend St. Agnes for one year. Having graduated from St. Agnes and UT at Austin, she is well-educated, confident, independent, and cares about others. I know and appreciate that my daughter graduated from an oustanding high school.

Posted June 6, 2007

Great school! Our daughter absolutely loves it. The honors and AP classes are college level from the beginning. They demand alot from the girls, but prepare them to be independent and successful. Never thought our daughter would be able to handle it being all girls, but the boys from Strake Jesuit are right next door and come over for lunch and they share some classes. Can't say enough about the administration and teachers!

Posted April 5, 2007

I had to give the questions asked the highest marks - the honors are classes are college level curriculum . They are very careful about who they place in those classes though. College will be easy after this!

Posted October 18, 2006

Excellent school if you want your daughter to go to college. Rigorous curriculum demands a lot from each girl.

Posted January 30, 2004

My daughter is a freshman at St. Agnes and we have been very pleased with the experience thus far. They work really hard to help the freshman girls fit in. I have to say, what sold me on St. Agnes to begin with was that every girl I met over the past few years who was a student at St. Agnes really impressed me with her intelligence, confidence and poise. It's a great school!

Posted September 9, 2003

I am a senior at st. agnes, I attended it all four years of highschool. it is a wonderful learning envirnment with an extremely challenging curriculum. it promotes community among the students as well as the faculty. the teachers are always willing to help or give advice on anything, whether school related or not. I'm really fortunate that st. agnes is where I chose to get my highschool education, I believe that it will prepare me tremendously for college.

Posted September 9, 2003

st. agnes provides a college prep curriculum. and has wonderful, award winning teachers. Having all girls lets the girls have a very comfortable environment, but not isolated from boys(there is the all boys school strake jesuit next door and they share some classes with st. agnes)

Posted August 19, 2003

I am a student at SAA, a senior to be exact. I absolutely love it! I can't see myself anywhere else.

Posted August 11, 2003

My daughter transferred in from another private out of state private school in her Junior year. I wish she had been able to be there 4 years! Great faculty, participating parents, high expectations for the students.

Asian or Pacific Islander 10% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9000 Bellaire Boulevard