PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Parents, Thank you so much for the support your give to St. Augustine Catholic School!! Together we can continue to make St. Augustine Catholic School a great place for all students. Inspired Learning. Inspired Living.
March 18, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The high turn over of educators speaks for itself. Any involved parent that knows anything about education should be able to recognize that the principal is no longer at HISD for a reason.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Effective but not valued. The school board is made up of parents of students. This is a violation of the boards bylaws. Some parents can be bullys and lack respect when it comes to the teachers. The teachers work as hard as public school teachers yet their salaries are inexcusable. The unfortunate fact is that not all of the teachers are paid the same. In a secular setting ALL of the teachers are paid the same salaries.

Develops character: Disagree

Favoritism is evident concerning students from certain families.. Honor Roll status has become a joke..

Why wasn't the kitchen ready when school started in Aug? We've waited two months and are running out of patience. The principal should have seen to it that the upgrades were completed over the summer. We're tired of the excuses.

The school continues to go down hill with under the current administration. Lots of promises with no results. It is so sad to see this happening. Unfortunately the board and the priest are not doing anything to prevent the students from academic failure.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 18, 2014

Awesome school! I am so pleased with the well rounded education my children are receiving at St. Augustine! I am one proud parent when my children come home and share their day, and lead prayer at dinner time or before bed. Not only are they growing academically and spiritually, the school offers a variety of extracurricular activities and anciallary classes that are a great way for them to grow socially and personally. As it says on the wall of the gym, Cougar Pride never dies! I would recommend St. Augustine to everyone!

I am so very pleased with the staff and the leadership at St. Augustine. When I visited the school recently it was awesome to see all of the art work and activities the students have worked on displayed outside the doors of the classrooms. The fall festival which recently took place was a wonderful experience, everyone from children to grandparents were enjoying the games, rides and food. The education my daughter is receiving is by far the most rewarding. She comes home with just enough homework and is excited to tell us what she learned. It s most gratifying to hear her sing songs she learned in her class. This school is a huge blessing to the students parents and the community. The teachers and staff are always so accommodating and always seem to have an answer for me, and if they don't they will find it and inform me as soon as they can. The principle is always so welcoming. I have dropped by unannounced and even though it is preferred that I make an appointment first, Mrs. Rios has never turned me away and is always so knowledgeable on whatever items I bring up. I was impressed on my first visit to the school and have not been let down since. Thank you St. Augustine :-)!

The new principal at St. Augustine has taken what has been a "broken" school system with complacent staff and faculty and turned into a very well organized institution with one common objective. There is no more division among the staff and teachers and there is a breath of fresh air with all the new ideas and innovation that is happening in the school. The school is close to full capacity which reflects the positive leadership at the school. This is a change that was very much needed. I'm excited and proud to be a part of St. Augustine Catholic School!

I have not been happier with this school!! I have been here for the past 4 years, and I was not thrilled with the past Principal. We now have a principal that Is very organized and together, As far as parent complaints, I would suggest that they call to meet with the principal, anytime I have a concern the principal is always able to meet with me right away and take care of any issues that I may be having. I know that they have new office staff and teachers, but those changes were much needed, The two ladies in the front office last year, always had a bad attitude. This year St. Augustine has Luby's catering the lunches, My son was so excited when he heard, now I don't have to pack lunches every morning. The food is great quality and priced well. If you are thinking about sending your child to this school, I would definitely look further into it, and call them for information, I know that their enrollment went up dramatically, So they must be doing something right. This school will not disappoint you.

Last modified St. Augustine Catholic School - Houston is a Private school that serves grades PK-8