Houston, TX
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Parents, Thank you so much for the support your give to St. Augustine Catholic School!! Together we can continue to make St. Augustine Catholic School a great place for all students. Inspired Learning. Inspired Living.
March 18, 2014

St. Augustine Catholic School - Houston 2

Posted October 20, 2014
Why wasn't the kitchen ready when school started in Aug? We've waited two months and are running out of patience. The principal should have seen to it that the upgrades were completed over the summer. We're tired of the excuses.

St. Augustine Catholic School - Houston 1

Posted March 28, 2014
The school continues to go down hill with under the current administration. Lots of promises with no results. It is so sad to see this happening. Unfortunately the board and the priest are not doing anything to prevent the students from academic failure.

Posted October 17, 2013
Awesome school! I am so pleased with the well rounded education my children are receiving at St. Augustine! I am one proud parent when my children come home and share their day, and lead prayer at dinner time or before bed. Not only are they growing academically and spiritually, the school offers a variety of extracurricular activities and anciallary classes that are a great way for them to grow socially and personally. As it says on the wall of the gym, Cougar Pride never dies! I would recommend St. Augustine to everyone!

Posted October 17, 2013
I am so very pleased with the staff and the leadership at St. Augustine. When I visited the school recently it was awesome to see all of the art work and activities the students have worked on displayed outside the doors of the classrooms. The fall festival which recently took place was a wonderful experience, everyone from children to grandparents were enjoying the games, rides and food. The education my daughter is receiving is by far the most rewarding. She comes home with just enough homework and is excited to tell us what she learned. It s most gratifying to hear her sing songs she learned in her class. This school is a huge blessing to the students parents and the community. The teachers and staff are always so accommodating and always seem to have an answer for me, and if they don't they will find it and inform me as soon as they can. The principle is always so welcoming. I have dropped by unannounced and even though it is preferred that I make an appointment first, Mrs. Rios has never turned me away and is always so knowledgeable on whatever items I bring up. I was impressed on my first visit to the school and have not been let down since. Thank you St. Augustine :-)!

Posted October 09, 2013
The new principal at St. Augustine has taken what has been a "broken" school system with complacent staff and faculty and turned into a very well organized institution with one common objective. There is no more division among the staff and teachers and there is a breath of fresh air with all the new ideas and innovation that is happening in the school. The school is close to full capacity which reflects the positive leadership at the school. This is a change that was very much needed. I'm excited and proud to be a part of St. Augustine Catholic School!

Posted October 09, 2013
I have not been happier with this school!! I have been here for the past 4 years, and I was not thrilled with the past Principal. We now have a principal that Is very organized and together, As far as parent complaints, I would suggest that they call to meet with the principal, anytime I have a concern the principal is always able to meet with me right away and take care of any issues that I may be having. I know that they have new office staff and teachers, but those changes were much needed, The two ladies in the front office last year, always had a bad attitude. This year St. Augustine has Luby's catering the lunches, My son was so excited when he heard, now I don't have to pack lunches every morning. The food is great quality and priced well. If you are thinking about sending your child to this school, I would definitely look further into it, and call them for information, I know that their enrollment went up dramatically, So they must be doing something right. This school will not disappoint you.

Posted February 13, 2013
St. Augustine Catholic School is an excellent neighborhood parish school. The neighborhood atmosphere adds to the feeling of closeness and community. The school has very much of a loving and family atmosphere.

Posted February 08, 2013
We became part of the St. Augustine family nine years ago. We have always been very satisfied with the education and values our children are receiving. It is a great advantage that the school covers grades PK through 8th as it allows siblings to attend the same school. We have recommended St. Augustine to many families and will continue to do so.

Posted November 30, 2012
My Daughter has attended St. Augustine since pre-k 3. She has had wonderful teachers every year! The teachers are caring, and set high expectations for her.

Posted November 29, 2012
Both of my children attended St. Augustine and received an excellent education and were taught the importance of good morals and values. Their experience has given them a strong Catholic identity. They both went on to successful high school experiences. Being both a parent and teacher I have been on both sides of the fence. The school environment is definitely focused on helping the students grow both academically and spiritually. The teachers care for each childs well being. I would definitely send my grandchildren to St. Augustine Catholic School.

St. Augustine Catholic School - Houston
5500 Laurel Creek Way, Houston, TX  77017
Last modified St. Augustine Catholic School - Houston is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Augustine Catholic School - Houston Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top