PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

They are work sheets he has to do everyday in school. But his teacher doesn't give too much, she wants them to have more family time after school. But durring school they do alot. Every teacher is different.

My nephew was at this school from 2nd to 8th grade. My sister had him in public for 1st.(she Didn't like it) she convinced me to enroll my son here. Skeptical at first, I didn't want to pay for education at a old school while you can get it for free. That being said I've had my son here for 4 years. Pre k -2nd. It makes a difference when you're paying for something you want to make sure it's worth it and it is. You have all types of teachers, you have the leant ones and the strick ones but they all have the main goal in mind. Teaching children, the normal subjects math, reading and history etc.. but they also teach them how to be polite and respectful and beautifully mannered children who can recite theyre prayers. This year 2016-2017 has been the year they changed alot. They have art and music which they never had before and more family activities. Also they were finally approved for a food program with the state. Free or reduce lunch, which wasn't available last year we had to pay out of pocket for lunch but it was Lubys (I didnt mind, excellent food). Yes, there is 2 times out of the whole year you have to sell Raffle tickets and you sell or pay but once again I don't mind. My son loves the school, he loves how everybody knows him, he loves attending mass and he loves learning (really he does and he likes that he get stuff right) , I love that he gets to grow up with children that have the same goals. And you know other parents care what's going on too. If you don't like something or have concerns speak up. Its not like public where you opinion doesn't matter because you are not the ones paying the teachers. Here your voice is heard. And your child is actually learning to be a great person.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Please red my review as an alumni of this school, St. Christopher's Catholic School .Yes

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Please read my review as it will give you a "just" of what's going on there.

I attended this school for two years, as did my two older siblings, they each attended from 3rd grade to 8th. Although this is your typical small Catholic school, their is somewhat of a family feel to it. That being said, this of course comes with many flaws. If your family is in with the church, your in with the staff, principal etc. Children are DEFINITLEY showed favoritism on a consistent basis in front of other children, not okay. The school does have a standard curriculum, most likely from the 1980's. Immediately after graduation and heading to 9th grade it was an immediate struggle for those who attended the same High School as I. Do yourself, and your children a favor. Avoid this school like the plague!

Tuition is not transparent, booker gives different rates to different families (with/out PSAS)- every year "tuition raises". To pay higher tuition,the quality of education should be of the same or higher than HISD. Mexico degrees/education should be Mexico tuition rate. Besides tuition due every month there is raffle tickets and other tickets due almost every month-School is all about MONEY. Please research and ask for staff and teacher qualifications, continuing education and degree education;when I did it was to late & I was extremely disappointed. Some teachers are used to the same routine of previous years; therefore they refuse to change ways of teaching.~ Every child is different in learning and understanding, teacher playing fish games on computer will not teach a child. Projects are due the next day without consideration of parents work schedule.-personal experience~ Principal shows more interest in uniforms than quality of education. Parents were not notified of teacher being out sick for days; leaving a parent babysitting the class when they should be learning. School needs new staff, teachers and principal. There is other catholic school in the same area explorer them.

We been involved with this school for many years, I would not waste my child(s) precious time... Even staff knows the truth, very sad. Zero stars if I could..

My son has attended this school for 5 years. Now my daughter is attending...We've had ups and downs but everything has always been communicated. We love the school and the staff. My son has loving classmates and has never experienced any type of bullying...we're keeping both of our kids there until they graduate. . If parents complain, then it s just plain and simple participate more with the school.

I love this school! My three children have been attending St. Christopher. My oldest child will be graduating from 8th grade this May. She will truly miss this school. We love the rigorous academic program here and most of all, the religion classes. The principal, staff, and teachers are very caring. They know every single child by name and everyone is part of this great family. St. Chistopher has provided my children with a quality religious education and has instilled in them high moral values. I would definetely recommend this school to other families.

I had a very dissapointing experience in this school. Other than it being very cheap and making you sell raffle tickets, the teachers only cared about themselves and, if you were behind on something, you are in trouble, because the teachers never tutored. You are expected to understand everything, which is no big deal. The really troubling thing was that you were to attend church on Wednesday, and if you're in, you're not going out. I vomited in the restroom and had to wait a half hour until church was finished. If you want your child to be in this school because its "great" but aren't into religion, do yourself a big favor and go to the school further down park place.

Last modified St Christopher Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8