PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Please red my review as an alumni of this school, St. Christopher's Catholic School .Yes

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Please read my review as it will give you a "just" of what's going on there.

I attended this school for two years, as did my two older siblings, they each attended from 3rd grade to 8th. Although this is your typical small Catholic school, their is somewhat of a family feel to it. That being said, this of course comes with many flaws. If your family is in with the church, your in with the staff, principal etc. Children are DEFINITLEY showed favoritism on a consistent basis in front of other children, not okay. The school does have a standard curriculum, most likely from the 1980's. Immediately after graduation and heading to 9th grade it was an immediate struggle for those who attended the same High School as I. Do yourself, and your children a favor. Avoid this school like the plague!

Tuition is not transparent, booker gives different rates to different families (with/out PSAS)- every year "tuition raises". To pay higher tuition,the quality of education should be of the same or higher than HISD. Mexico degrees/education should be Mexico tuition rate. Besides tuition due every month there is raffle tickets and other tickets due almost every month-School is all about MONEY. Please research and ask for staff and teacher qualifications, continuing education and degree education;when I did it was to late & I was extremely disappointed. Some teachers are used to the same routine of previous years; therefore they refuse to change ways of teaching.~ Every child is different in learning and understanding, teacher playing fish games on computer will not teach a child. Projects are due the next day without consideration of parents work schedule.-personal experience~ Principal shows more interest in uniforms than quality of education. Parents were not notified of teacher being out sick for days; leaving a parent babysitting the class when they should be learning. School needs new staff, teachers and principal. There is other catholic school in the same area explorer them.

We been involved with this school for many years, I would not waste my child(s) precious time... Even staff knows the truth, very sad. Zero stars if I could..

My son has attended this school for 5 years. Now my daughter is attending...We've had ups and downs but everything has always been communicated. We love the school and the staff. My son has loving classmates and has never experienced any type of bullying...we're keeping both of our kids there until they graduate. . If parents complain, then it s just plain and simple participate more with the school.

I love this school! My three children have been attending St. Christopher. My oldest child will be graduating from 8th grade this May. She will truly miss this school. We love the rigorous academic program here and most of all, the religion classes. The principal, staff, and teachers are very caring. They know every single child by name and everyone is part of this great family. St. Chistopher has provided my children with a quality religious education and has instilled in them high moral values. I would definetely recommend this school to other families.

I had a very dissapointing experience in this school. Other than it being very cheap and making you sell raffle tickets, the teachers only cared about themselves and, if you were behind on something, you are in trouble, because the teachers never tutored. You are expected to understand everything, which is no big deal. The really troubling thing was that you were to attend church on Wednesday, and if you're in, you're not going out. I vomited in the restroom and had to wait a half hour until church was finished. If you want your child to be in this school because its "great" but aren't into religion, do yourself a big favor and go to the school further down park place.

This is my son's 2nd yr, he is in 1st grade. We love the higher curriculum standards & early theology lessons. Being an only child we love the difference we have seen in his self esteem & building sound Christian relationships with his classmates. Staff is very caring and conscious about every child. We will do everything in our power to keep him there until 8th grade.

My 2 daughter's attend this school and it is wonderful. We are all like a family. Teachers are great and so are the children. I love it!

Last modified St Christopher Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8