St Francis De Sales School 1

Posted July 30, 2014
This school is a sophisticated day care. Not nurturing at all. Half of the my child's illnesses were stressed induced from the Rude teachers and faculty. Most of all from the extremely rude children that attend there. This so called school says things to the children that are not supposed to be said and told what happens at school stays at school. Oh sure, just to keep their funds coming in, That is UNETHICAL !!

Posted April 22, 2014
As an educator of 13 years with a background in both public and private schools, as well as a parent of 2 children, I feel confident in my evaluation of St. Francis de Sales. St. Francis de Sales provides a nurturing, high academic education in a diverse setting. Several of the teachers here are either former students, or have children or grandchildren attending. I am the School Counselor, and I am thankful every day for the opportunity to work with such a committed staff, and incredible students!

Posted February 18, 2014
SFdS is a great school, actually, it's a great village to raise a child. We highly recommended it.

St Francis De Sales School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
I attended this school for 8 years, kindergarten to 8th grade. nothing but bad memories and bad treatment from students and teachers alike I certainly do not recommend this community for a child, especially a black child, unless they have a very strong and encouraging source of support outside of the school.

Posted August 28, 2013
Faculty and Staff are excellent. They are caring and considerate. The curriculum is challenging but not overwhelming. Parent communication is very good.

St Francis De Sales School 3

Posted May 23, 2013
This school is very educational. GREAT academics. We won 1st in the St. Pius academic rally which is amazing.also , Everything is so diverse. Many many different races are in this school, so if you are worried that your child will be the "only one" then you're wrong. This school is extremely diverse, you won't believe your eyes till you see it. The only problem I have with it's school is it's athletics and "cheapness". The school was never cheap until now! It started somewhere around "10 when many things changed. Lots of changes in the staff. Some of which I think should be fired! Most of the activities at the school WERE very exciting but now its like the same old joke. Knocking down the church as well was unnecessary, renovations in the inside makes more sense.it take 1 yr to knock down a church and add statues, and it takes 1 year to renovate the bathrooms(still not done), example of cheapness. Also athletics NEEDS improvement. It's a shame knowing the students win 4 games per season. I remember when they used to win almost every single game, that's also the time when the school wasn't cheap. So if you want a good school do it's ACADEMICS. Then this is the place for you.

Posted February 03, 2013
We were living in Central America for a while and when transfered to Houston we focused on looking for a Community-Oriented, Down-to-Earth & Highly-Involved-Teachers environment for our children, and we found it almost by coincidence. I truly encourage you to talk to Mrs. Wooten (Principal) or Mrs. Overbeck (Admissions) and they'll make sure to answer your initial questions. After that, go visit the school and talk to your potential teachers - that will seal your deal. My kids (3 & 6) are in the best hands. Mrs.Gabler from Kindergarden is a truly magnificent Human Being - you'll love her.

Posted January 15, 2012
My child transferred to this school from St. Thomas More. The teachers at St. Francis are the best and your child will become part of a family attending here. I believe it to be one of the best grade schools in Houston.

Posted January 27, 2011
Great school in Southwest Houston. My Kids (one in 2nd grade and one in Kinder.) love it and me too!

St Francis De Sales School 4

Posted July 23, 2010
My child has attended this school since Kinder, now going into 5th grade, with a sibling entering Pre-K. This school offers excellent academics, teaches values / morals to the children. Staff and Administration are excellent. They have a fabulous after school program that is very affordable. This school will prepare your child for the future and allow them to reach their God-given abilities.

St Francis De Sales School
8100 Roos Road, Houston, TX  77036
Last modified St Francis De Sales School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis De Sales School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top