No rating

St Jerome School

Private | PK-8

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $135,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted April 9, 2014

My son moved from CyFair schools to St. Jerome for many reasons. His grades have gone from C's and D's to A's and B's. He loves the new friends he has made, as well as the encouraging and loving teachers and staff. I couldn't have found a better school!

Posted April 9, 2014

St. Jerome offers a wonderful family atmosphere. The teachers truly care for the children and work hard to keep their classes challenging and engaging. The students are respectful and happy. My sister moved my nephew and niece here from public school last fall and they have both flourished academically and socially at St. Jerome. I love the diversity of families in this school. It doesn't have the "upper crust" stigma that many private schools can have that can be intimidating to some families and students that just want a good education and Catholic teaching. St. Jerome welcomes everyone with open arms and the students are ALL loved, respected and taught the same. I have truly been blessed to have the opportunity to teach in this school and to work with such an outstanding administration. I look forward to having my own child join the school next year.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 4, 2014

St. Jerome Catholic School is a small family community, you feel right at home. The class sizes are small. Come get a tour and see for yourself.

Posted April 3, 2014

St. Jerome is a Christian based, family oriented amazing school. We truly feel at home, loved and welcomed. The staff and other parents are so friendly and helpful. The curriculum, attention to our needs and extra curricular activities are just a few of the reasons we came here 4 years ago and have been overjoyed with our choice every single day!

Posted April 3, 2014

Very please with this school my daughter is surround by amazing Teachers that truly care about the students!! Mrs. DelMoral is such a great kindergarten teacher and is si de octaves to her class!! Teachers and staff are top notch! The principal is beyond involved! Never have I heard of a principal that truly build relationship with the families and takes time to personal call or respond to emails. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! My daughter has attend since early childhood development and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!!

Posted April 3, 2014

After a very bad experience at another school St. Jerome has been really Heaven sent. My kids love the school, I love the school and my kids are flourishing here. The teachers have a lot of experience and treat the kids with kindness and respect while helping us, the parents, educate and form our kids academically and socially. I love that my kids receive the Spiritual- Religious base that I did not know how to give them in the most natural every day way. They really enjoy it! I can not be happier that my kids attend St. Jerome, and they will for several years to come.

Posted April 3, 2014

Love the fact that this school is not afraid to listen to parents and their concerns.

Posted April 3, 2014

At first I was hesitant about sending my children to a private school. I wanted my children to grow up in America with all it's colors and cultures. Aside from the feeling of family I have at this school my favorite thing is it's diversity. Highly recommend.

Posted January 6, 2014

This is a remarkable gem of a school! We have been affiliated with St. Jerome for over 20 years.

Posted October 28, 2013

My child recently graduated 8th grade from St. Jerome Catholic School and had attended since 15 months old. From the ECC (Early Childhood Center) all the way through Junior High, my child had great experiences. Tons of learning opportunities, weekly mass, field trips, socials and lifelong friendships. Being an alumni myself, I would not have chosen any other school than SJS!

Posted October 28, 2013

St. Jerome School is home. What a great place to work, live, and learn! The loving nature of everyone here is refreshing. When you are here, you feel like you belong.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 28, 2013

St Jerome is a great school. The teachers and staff are friendly and helpful - like family. Both of my daughters excelled in their classes and gained a strong work ethic which they took with them to high school. More importantly, the Catholic indoctrination they received is something they will carry with them always. I highly recommend St Jerome.

Posted October 2, 2013

St. Jerome Catholic School provides a safe environment with strong academics and nurturing teachers. The school truly is a community. My sons attend and I know they are well cared for by all, not just their current year teachers. Other parents, other staff, other faculty look out for each child. All have a sense of responsibility for promoting a culture of caring.

Posted September 16, 2013

The best school ever friendly Teachers & Staff, low students with teachers ratio. good community challenging academics.

Posted June 4, 2013

Another school year completed and another happy student (and parents). We love it here. Principal truly cares about each of her students and works one-on-one with each family as necessary to ensure a collaborative and enriching environment. Kiddo has the peanut allergy too and I truly feel safe sending him to school here. Every staff member is trained on the Epipen and each are diligent on snacks. I truly feel this is a family of families working together to educate our next generation.

Posted May 21, 2012

I absolutely love this school for my kids. The teachers and parents are very much involved in the school and community. The curriculum for all ages is age appropriate and also challenges the students. When comparing the curriculum of public schools with St Jerome's I really see the difference and how advanced my children are. I am also a 2nd generation Bulldog and my children absolutely love the idea that some of the teachers have been there since I was a kid!

Posted May 20, 2012

We love St. Jerome and couldn't imagine our children going anywhere else. There is such a wonderful sense of community - we are so very blessed to be a part of this Church and school!

Posted May 21, 2011

Outstanding school. Oustanding atmosphere. Your kids will enjoy being here, and you will be pleased with the curriculum.

Posted April 16, 2010

the people are great. The teachers are amazing! If your going the 5th grade next year, you will love it! Especialy,Mr.More andMr.aguilara
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 30, 2007

My daughter has been at St. Jerome since Kindergarten and now she is in eighth grade her last year at the school. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a good spiritual, catholic foundation to be with your child throughout their lifetime. I never had a problem since my daughter has been there and now we must move on to high school. St. Jerome is an excellent school and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Asian or Pacific Islander 13% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (713) 464-0325

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston

• Poetry

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8825 Kempwood Drive