Houston, TX
After care: No

Posted January 05, 2015
This school has a wonderful program for students with learning differences. The Learning for Success program is the main reason I encouraged my son to apply to this school. Parents of students with Dyslexia, ADHD, specific learning differences should definitely check out this school and program. My son had been in a very small school for children with learning differences. Finding the right high school environment for him caused me many a sleepless night. To my surprise, he has made a smooth and almost stress free transition to SPX. He likes the school, the teachers, and is doing well academically.

Posted December 19, 2013
Omg!!!! I completely agree with the person who just wrote that review I'm also a freshmen and almost no one from my old school went there too ya I agree some of the kids aren't nice and I thought about transferring for awhile but it's not that bad.

Posted November 10, 2013
I currently go here as a freshman. It's okay but I personally don't like it that much. The kids are mean occasionally some are nice. The school is half preppy and half ghetto, I don't fit in with either but I'm more preppy. (And I HATE when I meet people at other schools and they ask me where I go and I say "st.pius x" and they just say "ohh I heard that's ghetto" ugh) I came from a school that not many moved to pius from. So I'm defiantly thinking of transferring but I'm not sure yet. Let's see how it goes.

St Pius X High School 4

Posted August 26, 2009
I loved the teachers, the curriculum. Very focused on indviduals, teachers notice each student. Ranked in the middle of the class transfered to public school gpa translated to a 3.7 college was not much more challenging.

St Pius X High School

Posted March 28, 2008
I graduated from SPX last year and I have to say that it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am a student that has significant learning disablities however with the amazing, supportive envrionment at SPX I managed to take some of the most challaging courses the school offered and I graduated fifith in my class with a4.3 GPA!

St Pius X High School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
If you have a student that needs individual attention this is the place. It is a good school and you will like the teachers. But the drive will tax you if you do not live near by. Until there is a school like this on the North side, I will continue to be a road warrior!

Posted January 21, 2008
SPX is a wonderful school! The teaching staff is so dedicated, and my son really responded to his fullest ability to their nurturing style that really involves the student in his learning process. There is something for everyone, as it meets the needs of so many academic, athletic, artist, and social styles. The students are so friendly. The parents are very involved, and welcoming, and not snobby as at so many other private schools. The campus is continually improving. I love the focus on community and social service. The students have the same counsellor their entire 4 years, so there is consistent support, and a understanding of your child's progress. My son is very motivated, has lots of mentors, and is very well prepared for college. The only weakness I have seen is the athletic program which focusses too heavily on football.

Posted August 22, 2007
My daughter transferred to SPX and it was the best decision she's ever made. I knew after one day that this would be the ideal school for her. The academics are great and the school community is excellent. The kids have a tremendous about of school spirit. It's a great value.

Posted December 05, 2006
St. Pius is an excellent school. My daughter is a freshman. The faculty, staff and students offer a lot of programs for freshmen students to help them feel welcomed and get adjusted to their new high school environment. I've noticed a strong parent involvement. They also offer a lot of extracurricular activities. Tuition is a little pricey but well worth the sacrifice for a great education. - Proud SPX Mom

Posted September 13, 2005
If your into playing football, this is your school. There are some good teachers at this school with undue pressure to keep this athletic machine going. If you go on the advanced courses route, its as good as any school in Houston.

St Pius X High School