9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Develops honesty: Neutral

Develops respect: Neutral

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted February 18, 2016
It was super super super super super graet school! I loved the brotherhood from that school. It was super super super super super graet school! I loved the brotherhood from that school.

Strake Jesuit College Prep School 2

Posted February 18, 2016
Posted September 14, 2015 - a parent I have three sons who are attending STHS. It is an excellent school providing something for every type of students. Courses in advance classes and AP are offered, teachers are available before and/or after school to assist with questions. The LEC, Learning Enrichment Center, works with those who have learning differences. One of my sons has ADD. Extra curricular activities include sports, and programs for the non-athletic. Rocketry club, Spanish Club, Columbian Squires and many more. I like that the students are required to complete service hours, a prayer is said every morning, there are Masses throughout the year. The school motto is Teaching Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge. After attending St Thomas every student is ready to succeed in college or whatever they decide to persue in life. Posted September 14, 2015 - a parent I have three sons who are attending STHS. It is an excellent school providing something for every type of students. Courses in advance classes and AP are offered, teachers are available before and/or after school to assist with questions. The LEC, Learning Enrichment Center, works with those who have learning differences. One of my sons has ADD. Extra curricular activities include sports, and programs for the non-athletic. Rocketry club, Spanish Club, Columbian Squires and many more. I like that the students are required to complete service hours, a prayer is said every morning, there are Masses throughout the year. The school motto is Teaching Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge. After attending St Thomas every student is ready to succeed in college or whatever they decide to persue in life Posted September 14, 2015 - a parent I have three sons who are attending STHS. It is an excellent school providing something for every type of students. Courses in advance classes and AP are offered, teachers are available before and/or after school to assist with questions. The LEC, Learning Enrichment Center, works with those who have learning differences. One of my sons has ADD. Extra curricular activities include sports, and programs for the non-athletic. Rocketry club, Spanish Club, Columbian Squires and many more. I like that

Strake Jesuit College Prep School 4

Posted April 27, 2014
I'd was going to give 5 stars, which would be appropriate relative to my experience as a student in the mid '70s. But reading the recent comments by a teacher gives me pause. Anyone who misses Richard Nevle is someone whose opinion counts in my book. I have always felt that Strake Jesuit was by far the biggest factor in my success. I learned more there than I did in college. They taught me how to think logically and critically. They made me an excellent writer. They instilled in me the dual imperatives of personal excellence and charity. I never willingly missed a day of school. I had many fine teachers, including Richard Nevle.

Posted April 09, 2014
AOS-I have an 8th grader. I am sorry to have to leave this school for high school. The administration is amazing! The teachers (for the most part) are fabulous, and my son is very prepared for HS. AOS graduates are coveted by high schools due to the academics at AOS, and because the school is just such a good environment. The only complaint I have is that they don't suspend or expel students who have more serious issues than this school is equipped to deal with. This is regarding only a couple of kids...but.. Nevertheless, I give it 5 stars. My son loves it.

Posted January 31, 2014
I am the parent of a Freshman at Strake. My son would honestly tell you that he loves this school. The environment, quality of the teachers and academic program are all conducive to an excellent learning experience. There are broad opportunities in athletics, arts, sciences, academics as well as socially responsible activities. My son chose to take Mandarin to fulfill his 3 year language requirement and has truly enjoyed the instruction and practice. He participated in Wrestling and hopes to join Debate. The school's motto is 'Men for Others'. I believe the strong leadership and supportive parental involvement at this school creates an environment which molds these young men into the leaders of tomorrow.

Strake Jesuit College Prep School 1

Posted June 12, 2013
The school is starting to rot from the inside now that Ken Lojo is principal. They have removed and lost their best teachers including Larry Finke (teacher of the year a few years ago), Dr. Speiring (who isn't qualified to teach... according to Lojo), and several others who are leaving before it gets worse. The new administration gives no support to the teachers and they removed excellent and well experienced teachers with a proven track record and replaced them with people who have no teaching experience. This school is now about appearance and no longer cares about the quality. They run the school like a business, only caring about money and not the service provided. I would no longer send my children to this school. If you plan on sending your children here, some things to expect. 1) Little communication from administration 2) Less involvement from teachers. (They will start doing the minimum required instead of going beyond) 3) Higher teacher turn over 4) Less strict academics so everyone can more easily make am A instead of actual learning 5) More money making schemes by the school 6)And the school using the money for appearance instead of function I miss you Richard Nevle

Posted April 10, 2013
My son is a freshman, and we are so impressed. He is a smart kid who has not had to do much work before. He is having to work pretty hard, but still loves the school. He is going in for extra help for Spanish during his lunch break almost every day and the Spanish teacher is so willing to help.....truly amazing! I taught at a really good public high school and am amazed at the way this place is run. It is so organized and welcoming. ANY type child could succeed and benefit from this school. Watching the neighborhood boys at the public school, I am so grateful that we can provided this amazing opportunity for our boys. I truly think it is helping me develop my son into a thoughtful, hard working, responsible person. I cannot say enough positive. The other day while we were talking about the freshman drug usage in the nearby public school he said, "even the boys at Strake who tried some things before they came realize that we all have great futures and none of us want to want to mess that up." Priceless.

8900 Bellaire Boulevard, Houston, TX  77036
Last modified Strake Jesuit College Prep School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12