PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2014
Our two children attend St. Theresa. We have been very pleased. The school offers excellent education, and a strong community for our kids. The teaching staff are wonderful, particularly middle school math, English and science. The teachers we have experienced are committed to the kids, and really encourage each student to do their best. The school administration has been very good to deal with and communicate well with parents and students. Athletics are good for this size of school. Our children first attended a highly rated public school when we moved to Houston, but they were miserable. Since the switch to St Theresa, they are happy, engaged kids who actually like to go to school. (Well, they don't like homework, but who does?) I would highly recommend St Theresa if you are looking for a strong education in a caring environment.

Posted July 30, 2014
A fantastic community-oriented school in a beautiful setting near the best park in Houston. The academics are top notch the faculty is supportive and loving and the parents are great. Our daughter is getting a superior education which will set her up for success for years to come.

Posted May 06, 2014
This school has come along way since we started coming here 4 years ago. We couldn't be happier with this school and the teachers are truly amazing.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am a long time parent with the St. Theresa Community (20+ years) and the school only tends to get better. It's on the edge of Memorial Park, cozy within a neighborhood and affordable. The school over the years has gone through it's growing pains and now the school is flourishing into a school of excellent. Everyone knows everyone, the kids are happy to be there and it's an amazing experience for the children who start as early as PreK3. My childrern are either alumni of St. Theresa or soon to be. The teachers are amazing, dedicated individuals who love teaching our children, who love to teach and who will provide the skill sets for high school, college and life. My older children continue to communicate with their grade school teachers from St. Theresa for college advice, assistance with assignments and support. At St. Theresa we are a community of faith, friendship and community service. St. Theresa is my home and the home for my children.

St Theresa Catholic School 4

Posted April 07, 2014
Good, little-known private Catholic school in the heart of Memorial Park. Dedicated teachers and parents, enthusiastic students and increasing number of extra-curricular activities. Overall good value.

St Theresa Catholic School 4

Posted April 04, 2014
I have 4 kids at St Theresa. I have moved to Houston from abroad & have been here just over a year. Love this school. Our transition into a new country & a new school system was smooth & that speaks volumes for the community support from the families & faculty. My kids are performing really well in school. We enrolled mid year & thought the kids grades would drop due to the transition but was so happy that they were thriving at their new school. The kids at St Theresa are so friendly & welcomed my family. The school has a superb learning support teacher at St Theresa. She does so much more than is required for her students. All the teachers are fantastic. The faith formation is a big plus. As we continue to move around the world it is the faith that ground my family. The school say prayers first thing in the morning & all do the pledge of allegiance to the USA & the Texas flag everyday. The whole school attend weekly Mass & have regular visits from various RE organizations. It is a smaller school feel however St Theresa is growing & will continue to grow like their sports program. I highly recommend St Theresa. It is a hidden gem in a beautiful location right next to Memorial Park.

St Theresa Catholic School 1

Posted July 24, 2013
I'm a former student I just graduated and I have to say this, the principle is a bully and is rude to everyone she also has no idea how to teach do your kid a favor and don't make them go there it doesn't help if your kid has a different way of learning so if they are able to keep their mouths closed so the teachers can look at emails and watch videos about random things that don't teach anything (they actually do this) then it's fine send them there but if your kid is not a socially awkward kid that doesn't do what ever his told then don't.

St Theresa Catholic School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
We were so excited when our kids got accepted to St. Theresa's. Our excitement turned to dismay when we received our teacher assignments. Both teachers were well into their 50s-60s and we learned quickly that the method of teaching in both classrooms was very outdated. One of our kids rated as gifted and this school could not accommodate the more rigorous needs. If your child is middle of the road and fits neatly into a box, then this school might work for you. If your child is special in any way and you want a school that recognizes and encourages that exceptionalism or uniqueness, versus trying to mold them into the status quo, this is not the environment for you.

Posted April 10, 2012
We absolutely love this school. The teachers are dedicated, and the current principal is a wonderful leader. She's supportive of both her parents/students and her staff. I pray she stays! We couldn't have asked for a better school for our daughter. We plan to send her and the rest of our children to St. Theresa's through the 8th grade.

Posted March 10, 2011
Our 1st grade daughter attended St. Theresa's this year; unfortunately, we had to move back to San Antonio and were unable to complete the school year. Our experience at St. Theresa's was all positive. The principal is bright, energetic, and cares deeply about each student there. The teachers are happy and enthusiastic about teaching; their positive attitudes are evident because the children are so happy. I am a speech-language pathologist and provided free speech screenings for the 3-5 year olds and also worked with some of the elementary teachers to help with modifications to assist a few students. I was most impressed with the teachers with whom I worked; they were already implementing great strategies to help all of the children and were so open to trying anything new to help the students learn successfully. Overall, school is fun, the atsmosphere is positive, and I just wish we could replicate this school in San Antonio. My daughter was accepted to other "prestigious" private schools and I initially worried about my decision to send her to St. Theresa's. I am SO glad I did...it is truly an amazing place to be!

St Theresa Catholic School
6622 Haskell Street, Houston, TX  77007
Last modified St Theresa Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Theresa Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top