Posted November 25, 2014
This school is very challenging. Expect about 2-3 hours per night of homework, sometimes more. The teachers are approachable and observant of their students. The school stresses time management for homework. The boys are encouraged to be responsible and respectful. STH understands that young men should be well rounded in other areas such as the art, music and athletics. The athletic programs are competitive. The leadership at STH from the faculty as well as the alumni are a great example for young men. The LEC is a help for all students. STH wants the students not only to grow in their studies, but also grow in faith in themselves in order to deal with challenges that will come up in life. All students and families are welcome, the tent is big at STH.

Posted September 21, 2014
I have three sons currently attending St Thomas, my brothers and Father also graduated from this outstanding high school. St Thomas has something to offer for all students. Two of my sons enjoy sports, one son enjoys academic clubs, and all three enjoy the social activities offered through out the year. I am very pleased with the academics offered at St Thomas but do feel the math department could be improved. The school also offers programs for students with learning differences. One of my sons goes to the LEC(Learning Enrichment Center) during his study hall. The LEC helps him to stay organized, meet goals and keep on track. My sons have never experienced any form of bullying. Father Fulton along with the faculty and staff truly care for each and every student.

Posted April 18, 2014
Our sons are both graduates of St. Thomas and we could not have chosen a better educational experience for them. They were extremely well prepared for college and I can't thank the faculty and staff of St. Thomas enough for transforming them from awkward adolescents into truly remarkable young men. More importantly, I am so grateful for the family environment at St. Thomas. I was not only impressed by the students that my sons came in contact with, but also the parents who I met from being involved in various extracurricular activties on campus. I will always be an ardent supporter of STH. It will be an absolutely wonderful experience for any young man who is looking for a challenging, Christ centered environment.

St Thomas High School 2

Posted April 10, 2014
I am a former student who attended St. Thomas High School from the 9th to 10th grade before transferring to a large public school. I strongly urge against sending your kids here. The teachers were great but most students that St. Thomas accepts are extremely toxic (rancorous but not competitive). Nearly everyone who attends this school is either a bully or jerk. This school does not check the backgrounds of their applicants indicated by the large number of freshmen in my class who had been suspended numerous times and/or expelled from middle school. As a result, many good kids who came to this school with high hopes eventually transferred. In addition, the faculty does not discipline their students. In some ways, the faculty encouraged their students to bully each other and wreck their classes. Because every class was like a human zoo, the academics were hardly top-notch even though the teachers were great. One of my teachers admitted in class that Strake Jesuit (the rival school) was a better school. Lastly and unimportantly, girls rarely come to STHS during our breaks.

Posted January 11, 2014
St. Thomas High School is a great school. I have grown deeply in my intellect and faith since coming here and the school has been a great resource in my quest for knowledge. The teachers are all knowledgeable and supportive of us students and there are many different ways to accel both academically and athletically. The community is also very accepting here and anyone can make friends very easily. My friends I meet here are probably going to be friends for life. I would highly recommend St. Thomas for any students who want a challenging academic environment and a common brotherhood among students. It is definitely on of the best private schools and the best all- boys school in Houston.

St Thomas High School 1

Posted June 12, 2013
I do believe St. Thomas high School adequately prepares students for college success, however, it does not in any way develop an adolescent's EQ (emotional quotient). The faculty and staff at this institution do not set good standards of how a mature student should act, and there are countless occasions I can recall where my son (class of 2012) was encouraged to bully through the actions of his teachers. The staff does not care about the individual student, and the administration has been known to treat wealthier students differently. Often times many of the classmates your son will have when he goes here will be second generation. If you are a parent looking to send your kid to a place that will instill catholic values, do not go here, your son will learn to hate this place.

Posted May 25, 2012
Our son is finishing his freshman year as STHS, and we could not be more pleased with his experience so far. His critical thinking skills have been stretched and developed, he has been challenged without being overwhelmed, and he has been made to feel that he is truly a member of a school family. HIs teachers are very approachable, and want the kids to succeed. They are dedicated professionals, very much connected to the school's motto of "Teach me goodness, discipline and knowledge." We have been warmly embraced by the parent community. As a volunteer, I have had the chance to be around some of the students and I am awed by not just their civility, but their confidence in speaking with adults, with kindness, courtesy and openness. I am confident my child will be more than prepared for college after receiving his diploma from STHS, but more importantly, he will be a better man for attending the school.

Posted January 25, 2012
Our son attends STH and is in the class of 2014. The school is academically very challenging. Curriculum is exceptional and it is definitely a college prep school. The athletic program is very well support by the school and there are so many sports that all students will be able to play at least one sport. Since STH competes in TAPPS athletic league there is less pressure to win at all costs like some of your 5A schools. Most of the after school clubs such as the debate, theater are top notch. There is a strong sense of community with the students, parents and faculty. STH students are much more likely to work together and not participate in less than constructive peer related activities (bullying, discipline, and character issues etc) like some other high schools in the city of Houston. We believe our son is receiving a very well rounded education. We very strongly recommend STH as a high school.

St Thomas High School 2

Posted December 14, 2011
My son (9th grader) has only attended since Aug. 2011 so things may change in the future. My son has an average near 89 for all his classes. The school has a cohesive curriculum and that is its strength. The information is overwhelming and the amount of teaching is not commensurate with the information that is given. Additionally, it seems as if 25% of the work is busywork and of minimal educational value. I hope the busywork diminishes and the teaching gets better because the home-schooling my wife and I do cannot last much longer.

Posted April 26, 2010