Posted August 24, 2014
This school really needs to be closed down! Not suitable for the children. Also Sr. Judy is not a good principal, I believe that she is just filling the position to answer her call to God. But she doesn't have any idea how to be a educator and her assistants in the office are always gossiping or eating and are extremely rude! The coach is also a very old rude man who doesn't participate with the children. He is so old school. Time to change this school to match the year 2014 not 1960.

Posted April 18, 2014
This school is just a used old building that should not be occupying children. Everything that I have read has surfaced to be true. This school is old inside and out. This is a perfect example of how a private school operates by choosing and allowing majority of the students to attend by reducing their financial burden . Wonder how these children succeed wgen they have mini demons as teachers. And the church is not that far off. The office staff doesn't realize that the first impression begins in the office. I would stop by for parent business and have to wait until their gossip is done or finished fixing her makeup. Oh my this institution is advanced child care with old age principles.

Posted March 30, 2014
I like Holy Ghost school my son has been in this school for four years and because is in a good area but what I dont like is that since 2012 to 2014 i seen the kids from 6 to 8 grade. They dont respect were they are studing. They say bad words and when they are in church they say bad words too. One of the thing that I have notice is that the big kids that come from regular school that are not private bring there bad influence. I dont like this because the teacher dont say anything and the parents dont teach there kids to act respectful. For me this school dont look like a catholic school no more.

Holy Ghost Catholic School 5

Posted February 22, 2014
I feel so blessed to be able to send my daughter to Holy Ghost. I'm a working mother who appreciates the extra mile my pre-k daughter's teachers always go for her. She loves going to school and the connection she shares with the staff makes dropping her off every morning so much easier. I'm amazed at how much she has learned this year. Both spiritually and academically. We looked at several schools in this area and I can confidently say that we made the right choice.

Posted January 27, 2014
Every school has issues, however, the issues at Holy Ghost are numerous, and serious. The principal, Sister Judy (a very nice lady) has no control over her faculty, staff, or even the students. The teachers there are bitter, and burned out in general and it shows in their attitudes as well as their teaching. There are cliques of teachers and families that run the school. The level of education is subpar- don't expect your child to get good acceptances to high school. The few kids who did get acceptances are struggling with the high school work load. Teachers do not update the website for homework- ever. You will not have online access to your child's grades, or financials, no online bill pay, and they do not accept credit/debit cards as payment. Cash or check only. A good example would be that today, 1/27/14 Holy Ghost's website homepage says "Happy Thanksgiving!" Holy Ghost's heart may be in the right place, but education and technology is about 10 years behind the times.

Posted January 07, 2013
I also graduated from HGS. I believe the post below is truly bias, due to the fact that the poster is a teacher on school salary. The post from the teacher stated, "This is not a High School where the student have open time." From personal experience, after reading your post, you should be ashamed of yourself. A teacher that is compassionate, caring, and takes the time to understand their students is a teacher worth remembering. Also, word of advice, you should really brush up on your capitalization skills. For example, the teacher below wrote, "This is not a High School... Math, Reading/Literature, Writing/Handwriting, History, PE, Spelling, Vocabulary, English, Science, and Religion." You do not capitalize 'High School,' because it is used in a general sense. If you are referring to a specific school with a proper name before "high school" then it is capitalized. You do not capitalize "PE," Spelling, Religion, Vocabulary, Math, Science, and Reading/Literature," because they are referred in a general sense, and it is not the course title used on the school's report cards. Also, "Math 101" would be capitalized and not the general word 'Math' used in the teacher's posting. :) :) :)

Holy Ghost Catholic School 4

Posted August 02, 2012
Holy Ghost School is a PreK 3 thru 8th grade. The students have a scheduled time to go to the library because the rest of the time they are in class. Students don't have free time during the day to just sit in the library. This is not a High School where the student have open time. In primary grades the students day is structured with Math, Reading/Literature, Writing/Handwriting, History, PE, Spelling, Vocabulary, English, Science, and Religion.

Holy Ghost Catholic School 5

Posted February 01, 2011
This is a loving environment, and the school really works with the children. The school is diverse, and because it is so small, it feels like a family. Many of the families have children who have attended here for years. I am glad we sent our children here.

Holy Ghost Catholic School 2

Posted June 07, 2010
I am an a graduate of holy ghost school. I'm not proud to say I went to this school but it is what it is. The teachers have horrible communication skills, it seems they are afraid to tell the parents what is going on. Or how the child is doing. Then when it is brought up by a parent, the teachers blame it on the kid or give the suggestions of "watch their homework" "study with them". Yes it works for...3 days. The parents aren't here to be on our case everyday if we didn't learn it at school then there is a problem. Another issue they have..library. The library should be available all of the school hours for all of the kids not just when the "schedule" calls for the kids to go. I know this sounds mean but I wouldn't suggest this school to anyone.

Holy Ghost Catholic School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
excellent academics and teacher-student ratio

Holy Ghost Catholic School
6920 Chimney Rock Road, Houston, TX  77081
Last modified Holy Ghost Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Ghost Catholic School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top