No rating

St Anne Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $385,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,080.

Posted January 14, 2014

I don't know where to start! I have been a student at St. Anne's for almost ten years. Right now I am an eighth grader here, and I have loved every moment of it. I have met so many friendly and warm people here, and have found it really easy to make friends! considering the fact that i'm not that great at making friends. The teachers are really nice and have pretty good teaching skills and have all been teaching for a while, so they're really experienced. There are also a lot of clubs and sports you can join that are really fun. I love the diversity and the opportunity to grow in my faith here at this great school. I DEFINITELY reccomend St. Anne Catholic School. I'm so sad to leave next year because i'm going to leave this wonderful community and all of the strong friendships I've made through this journey.

Posted July 9, 2013

overall its been a good experience for my student. The school views the kids as students, rather than test takers and a statistic. the ethnic make up of this schools is very diverse. the curriculum seems to be on par now with other schools, especially middle schools. A few teachers could use a little imagination in their class however nothing wrong with a strong core program. there are a group of parents that want to run the school as their personal school. Perhaps the Admin caves in to these whiney parents / kids at times. However these kinds of parents appear in all schools, public schools too. AKA the helicopter parents- they are everywhere.

Posted March 15, 2013

as a parent of a student cuurently enrolled here, i have to agree that on the surface the school is extremely wonderful.....the teachers and staff are of the highest caliber, truly dedicated to their positions, but since the absence of strong dedication to diversity and the mission statement of the church community at large, the school seems to have been taken over be group rich , self entitled parents who would like nothing better than to "exclusivy" the campus. Hopefully administration and strong pastoral consuling, along with a new pope and a renewed call to humility, will keep this in check. That being said, in all honesty, I give the school itself the highest recommendation. It would be my wish that all children could attend such a school.

Posted February 22, 2013

Extremely nice on the surface, but over time - and once the curtain is pulled back - it was revealed that there are serious and fundamental leadership and directional issues which we found to be contrary to the stated goals. There are both teachers and administration who are fully incompetent. A small handful of parents really run the show, and their spoiled kids generally get what they want. I wish it were different, but I can not recommend St Anne's.

Posted February 18, 2013

Attended this school during the 1960's. At that time as it remains now, it is one of the top 3 private schools in Houston. This school boast as graduates many physicians, attorneys and professional men and women..

Posted October 14, 2009

I just graduated from SAS in May and it was such a sad time. I started there only in 6th grade transferring from another private school. I can honestly say I made lifetime friends in those three years. The teachers are great and have definately prepared me for highschool. I started off as a quiet shy 'loser' and by my 8th grade year I was cheerleading captain, on the basketball team, and our track team did awesome in finals. SAS truly made me a better person and I miss all the fun traditions and school pep rally. If I still live in houston when I have a kid I will definatey send them here

Posted September 21, 2009

St. Anne Catholic School provides a strong moral and academic foundation for students. The foundation prepared by the school not only allow children to be successful academically, but empower them to become active citizens. The Adminisration is concerned and caring of each student, while the faculty (many with Master's degrees), committed to self growth and improvement, prepare students toward excellence on apptitude tests - all graduates are accepted into their first or second choice of high schools. The student diversity reflects the global community. St. Anne, may not be the most expensive Catholic School in the area; however, the value of the academic and spiritual atmosphere of our child's experience (PreK4 - 8th) is second to none.

Posted April 29, 2009

Great School; parents are involved and the teachers care. Strong morals and discipline enforced. Lots of accountability which for the child, which is rare in these days of 'not my fault' thinking

Posted May 18, 2008

Overrated! When our first child entered 13 yrs. ago, it was a very good school, very diverse and strived to maximize each kids' ability. Now, the recent Blue Ribbon that our daughter helped them get is used as a marketing tool. The kids are not very well prepared for High School, but lots of friendships are made. I am not certain about its future. We may have to mover our next child to ensure he is well prepared for high school. However, I will say, we've met most of our lifetime friends at St. Anne. It's a tough decision . . . academics vs. friendships.

Posted April 14, 2008

I love love love this school. It is true that there are a few bullies, but hey, what school doesn't have them? Everyday we come closer together as we learn, play, and pray together. Every morning you will see 8th graders taking the younger kids by the hand to the lower school classrooms. I have only been at Saint Anne's since 6th grade, and already i have experienced how much love and respect everyone has for each other. I am sad that next year will be my last. St. Anne is a wonderful school. I hope that more kids are able to enjoy it.

Posted December 16, 2007

I have been going to St. Anne for almost 10 years now, and I think it is great. The teachers are loving and caring, and they make us feel special. The parents are always involved in activites. Our principal and assistant princapal are amazing. Last years St. Anne won the blue ribbion award. This school has a motto which the teachers and students follow everyday. Here it is: teach me goodness disipline and knowledge.

Posted September 9, 2007

This school is extremely overrated. The one thing I can say for it is that it is less expensive than the other schools in the area. But,in this case you get what you pay for. They are more concerned with filling up the school (there are openings in most of the classes throughout the school year) than they are in providing a good education. The children in the school can be very cruel and as long as the parents brown nose the administration their bullying children will get away with it.

Posted May 8, 2007

As one of only 50 National Blue Ribbon schools in the U.S., St. Anne Catholic School holds an exceptional status as the top Catholic school within the Houston/Galveston Diocese. I have two children at St. Anne, ages 9 and 11, who have attended since PreK-3. We love the school and the teachers and staff that make up the school. The diversity St. Anne offers is truly remarkable. The academics as well as fine arts and extracurricular activities creates a well-rounded educational and nuturing environment for my children. This is definitely an A+++++ school.

Posted April 1, 2006

The teachers truly care about each individual child. They provide a strong academic experience. The student population is very diverse. The English and reading/vocabulary programs are particularly strong. Math was a little lack luster in middle school.

Posted March 27, 2006

The academics are fantastic. They also offer music, spanish, and art classes, as well as an extensive extracurricular program.

Posted June 7, 2004

I have three children who attend St. Anne's School and I am pleased with their academic, spiritual and well-rounded education. St. Anne's provides quality education to its students who are ethically and culturally diverse. It also provides great extracurricular and after school activities, including piano and violin lessons, gymnastics and dance lessons, chess club, and choir.

Posted August 10, 2003

It is a great school!, with lovely teachers. Eveybody, academics and staff take good care about children and families. I think we are a big family in St. Anne with a very nice Mother. our Principal Mrs. Barnosky.

Asian or Pacific Islander 8% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (713) 526-8025

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2120 Westheimer Road