PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

St Anne Catholic School 3

Posted February 18, 2016
As a former student and father to a child that graduated from there, I am sad to say that I would no recommend this school. However, the problem is not with the teachers or the physical school itself, the problem is with the head of the administration. St. Anne School’s philosophy and mission is to “provide a Catholic atmosphere” and “to model gospel values in [their] actions as educators and administrators”, unfortunately, none of this provided by the principal. Always criticizing and chastising fellow teachers and administrators shows a great lack of professionalism and leadership in this school. In the “Principle’s Greeting”, she describes the atmosphere as “welcoming and nurturing”, however; that is not the feeling you get. A position of leadership should be a person that embraces and supports the faculty. It should be a person with a positive attitude with the ability to effectively communicate a structure that actually teaches Goodness, Discipline, and Knowledge. The famous proverb from Gospel of Luke states, “Treat others the same way you want them to treat you” is not only relevant to a principle’s position, but to every position in that school. Not everyone is treated with respect there, and that needs to change immediately.

Posted January 14, 2014
I don't know where to start! I have been a student at St. Anne's for almost ten years. Right now I am an eighth grader here, and I have loved every moment of it. I have met so many friendly and warm people here, and have found it really easy to make friends! considering the fact that i'm not that great at making friends. The teachers are really nice and have pretty good teaching skills and have all been teaching for a while, so they're really experienced. There are also a lot of clubs and sports you can join that are really fun. I love the diversity and the opportunity to grow in my faith here at this great school. I DEFINITELY reccomend St. Anne Catholic School. I'm so sad to leave next year because i'm going to leave this wonderful community and all of the strong friendships I've made through this journey.

St Anne Catholic School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
overall its been a good experience for my student. The school views the kids as students, rather than test takers and a statistic. the ethnic make up of this schools is very diverse. the curriculum seems to be on par now with other schools, especially middle schools. A few teachers could use a little imagination in their class however nothing wrong with a strong core program. there are a group of parents that want to run the school as their personal school. Perhaps the Admin caves in to these whiney parents / kids at times. However these kinds of parents appear in all schools, public schools too. AKA the helicopter parents- they are everywhere.

Posted March 15, 2013
as a parent of a student cuurently enrolled here, i have to agree that on the surface the school is extremely wonderful.....the teachers and staff are of the highest caliber, truly dedicated to their positions, but since the absence of strong dedication to diversity and the mission statement of the church community at large, the school seems to have been taken over be group rich , self entitled parents who would like nothing better than to "exclusivy" the campus. Hopefully administration and strong pastoral consuling, along with a new pope and a renewed call to humility, will keep this in check. That being said, in all honesty, I give the school itself the highest recommendation. It would be my wish that all children could attend such a school.

St Anne Catholic School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
Extremely nice on the surface, but over time - and once the curtain is pulled back - it was revealed that there are serious and fundamental leadership and directional issues which we found to be contrary to the stated goals. There are both teachers and administration who are fully incompetent. A small handful of parents really run the show, and their spoiled kids generally get what they want. I wish it were different, but I can not recommend St Anne's.

Posted February 18, 2013
Attended this school during the 1960's. At that time as it remains now, it is one of the top 3 private schools in Houston. This school boast as graduates many physicians, attorneys and professional men and women..

Posted October 14, 2009
I just graduated from SAS in May and it was such a sad time. I started there only in 6th grade transferring from another private school. I can honestly say I made lifetime friends in those three years. The teachers are great and have definately prepared me for highschool. I started off as a quiet shy 'loser' and by my 8th grade year I was cheerleading captain, on the basketball team, and our track team did awesome in finals. SAS truly made me a better person and I miss all the fun traditions and school pep rally. If I still live in houston when I have a kid I will definatey send them here

Posted September 21, 2009
St. Anne Catholic School provides a strong moral and academic foundation for students. The foundation prepared by the school not only allow children to be successful academically, but empower them to become active citizens. The Adminisration is concerned and caring of each student, while the faculty (many with Master's degrees), committed to self growth and improvement, prepare students toward excellence on apptitude tests - all graduates are accepted into their first or second choice of high schools. The student diversity reflects the global community. St. Anne, may not be the most expensive Catholic School in the area; however, the value of the academic and spiritual atmosphere of our child's experience (PreK4 - 8th) is second to none.

Posted April 29, 2009
Great School; parents are involved and the teachers care. Strong morals and discipline enforced. Lots of accountability which for the child, which is rare in these days of 'not my fault' thinking

St Anne Catholic School 2

Posted May 18, 2008
Overrated! When our first child entered 13 yrs. ago, it was a very good school, very diverse and strived to maximize each kids' ability. Now, the recent Blue Ribbon that our daughter helped them get is used as a marketing tool. The kids are not very well prepared for High School, but lots of friendships are made. I am not certain about its future. We may have to mover our next child to ensure he is well prepared for high school. However, I will say, we've met most of our lifetime friends at St. Anne. It's a tough decision . . . academics vs. friendships.

2120 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX  77098
Last modified St Anne Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8