No rating

St Vincent De Paul School

Private | PK-8

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $345,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted June 5, 2014

Excellent school with a loving and caring administration and faculty. Not a school for everyone but if you are lucky to get in you will receive an strong spiritual and academic education. Love it here.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 4, 2014

I feel that the administration has their own agenda and it's not the children. It's all about waiting lists to get in and high test scores. Principal is ineffective in my opinion. Teachers are not held accountable and can do whatever they like with no fear of repercussions. Administration bullying students is a common theme. Child must fit in their box to succeed. What happened to good old fashioned Catholic schools? What a disappointment.

Posted April 11, 2014

My school is a great school that provides an excellent education based on Gospel values to my children.

Posted April 9, 2014

SVdP is a great Catholic School with a small community. We have a strong Catholic identity as well as a good base for academics. We tend to score high in standardized tests and our children get into a top choice high school. Some of the facilities within the school are old, the school is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year. But overall, SVdP is a great place to be for pre-K through 8th grade.

Posted April 9, 2014

We love St. Vincent de Paul School! It has a vibrant, active and supportive parent community, and magnificent faculty and staff. We couldn't ask for more for our children's education.

Posted April 9, 2014

St Vincent de Paul Catholic School is a fabulous school that provides a excellent education and a broad range of activities including sports, music, and academic clubs.

Posted April 9, 2014

Our school is very involved with each and every student, and the parents are dry involved in helping the teachers have the best possible facilities to teach in, and students to teach.

Posted April 9, 2014

Our school is not only wonderful as far as curriculum and preparing our children for high school, but under our principals leadership, the school offers enrichment programs throughout the year to help keep our children aware of the "moral compass". In addition, the school provides parents with resources needed, including a positive parenting series, focusing on timely matters involving family and our children. Our principal truly cares about each and every child, and that genuine love is filtered through her faculty. It is a fantastic community and a special place to be.

Posted April 9, 2014

St Vincent de Paul School is a Catholic School with grades PreKindergarten -8th grade. Our school is celebrating it's 70th anniversary this year. SVdP has a strong academic curriculum and a wide range of extracurricular activities, athletics, art, and music programs.

Posted April 7, 2014

St. Vincent DePaul is a great school. We have been very happy there. They definitely have a focus on spiritual growth and their education standards are high. The faculty and staff have been great to work with and parent involvement is high. The school goes the extra mile to addresses issues and challenges. I highly recommend SVdP. You and your children will get out of it, what you put into it - as is the case in most schools.

Posted December 17, 2012

Went to St.Vincent from k-8th. An excellent choice for your children. Strong leadership and parental involvement.

Posted January 15, 2011

SVDP is a great school the teachers are very nice and are well educated. Here there is a friend for everyone. I am a middle school student and have been here for 9 years. I find the academics challenging and useful in most ways. My class size is about 50 students and in most classes 20-25 students with one teacher. In the younger grades they are trying to make the classes smaller by not getting new students. I do not agree with most of these reviews, the principal is very nice and some parents volunteer a lot but none "run the school." My mom is very active in the school and knows all about the teachers and a lot of the parents. If it wasn't for some of the parents that volunteer and help so much nobody else would do it. Some parents barely help with volunteering so if nobody did nothing would get done. SVDP IS A GREAT SCHOOL TRY IT OUT! But i have to agree its not for everyone

Posted July 20, 2010

I also removed my children from this school. Classrooms are over crowded, certain parents run the school, and it is not a Christian based school in that it does not teach good moral character. They do nothing about bullying or help children to have values. The education is second rate.

Posted March 30, 2010

We are about to start our second year with SVDP. What a wonderful school! The environment is so nuturing and the academics stimulating & challenging in a healthy way. Our children our thriving! Thank you SVDP!

Posted March 27, 2010

I was not happy with school. Took my kids out of the school. Didn't like some ot the teachers. The principal is weak it appears that she can not do the job. She lets certain teachers and parents run the school. My children are happier elsewhere.

Posted November 4, 2009

First all schools have something good about them but this school in particular is an excellent school, Why? becuase first, the teachers really care about you. They want to make everybody succeed in everything. Our school awesome!!!!!!!!

Posted February 28, 2009

I sent both my children to SVDP from pre-kindergarten. My son is less achademically skilled and left after 7 great years. My daughter is still here working to finish up her 9th year. They both made really great friends and really enjoyed the school's boy scout and girl scout programs. My daughter is still a girl scout after 8 years. And my son is still envolved in boyscouting after 10 long years since first grade.

Posted November 28, 2008

I have 4 children at SVDP, have been there for 10 years and my kids are all very happy there. It is not a school for students with special educational needs on either end of the scale; however, I have found the administration and teachers to be pretty responsive to any concerns I have had. It had some administrative shake ups in 2006 but seems to be in a good place right now with Carolyn Sears as the principal. Teachers and administration reply via email the same day most times. It's difficult to get into SVDP unless you are an active parishoner at the church, but that makes for a Sunday experience in which you know many of the people at mass and your children feel at home in the church. Our family has been very happy at SVDP.

Posted May 26, 2006

SVDP used to be a wonderful school, and is some aspects it is still a great school. The teachers are wonderful, acdemically is very good, great support for sport and art. However, since last year there have been changes in the direction of the school that started to affect the programs. We are not sure right now where the school is going and that is a major concern.

Posted August 19, 2005

my 2 children has been in this school since preK. SVDP is a great school. teachers are well skilled, there's a small teacher-student ratio. children are well trained - academic and spiritually. school facility is great. i will highly recommend this school

Asian or Pacific Islander 5% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (713) 663-3562

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6802 Buffalo Speedway