Pilgrim Lutheran School 1

Posted August 24, 2014
2007 to 2013 the principal, Dave Glienke was not approachable. He was not a caring man and apparently he had a unique way to believe juggling teachers around is great for the school. Not for the students and not for stability. Plus was not willing to hear how the first year teachers were being mouthy with the parents and also to the children. Sorry we don't need to pay for that !

Posted May 28, 2013
I have two children at Pilgrim and we love this school All the teachers are wonderful - very involved with the kids. The academics are strong. The class room sizes are small so everyone receives a lot of attention. In addition, the parents are encouraged to participate and be involved at the school.

Posted May 23, 2013
I have two kids at Pilgrim and 8 years between them at the school. I live in the Meyerland area where the public schools have strong magnet programs. Still, I chose Pilgrim for the following reasons: K-8 REVIEW 1. Strong academics. Their English grammar and phonics program are particularly good. Spanish, music, and computers start in 1st grade. Love how there are lots of field trips. 2. Small class sizes - The teachers work individually with each student. It's not just about "classroom management" 3. Low bureaucracy - all the staff are very approachable. When I have a concern, I can go directly to the teacher or principal. You won't find that open access in most public schools and even some private schools. 4. Strong, Christian education - the Lutheran faith provides a solid foundation. Of course, people of other denominations and faiths are welcome. 18 MONTHS - PK REVIEW This the best, most affordable, and flexible childcare option in Southwest Houston, hands down. The little kids benefit from a lot of the school activities (Chapel, assemblies, etc.) early in life. It gets them excited about school. Teachers are warm and attentive. My daughter was already reading in PK.

Posted March 03, 2013
I could not be happier with the education of my 2 children at Pilgrim Lutheran School. They both started with Early Childhood Ed. at two. My son graduated & is now a Junior at Strake Jesuit, a very competitive college preparatory school. His Iowa test scores at Pilgrim were exceptional as were others in his class. He was well prepared academically, spiritually & emotionally. His fall PSAT-NMQT scores were in the top 13 scores in his class (210+) & could make him a candidate as a National Merit Scholar Semi-Finalist next year. My daughter is in the 8th grade and her Iowa test scores are equal if not better to my son s. The staff has a great deal of responsibility for my children s success by passionately promoting a loving, Christian & disciplined environment. Overall results of the staff have consistently made Pilgrim students scores one to two grades higher than the Iowa test of basic skills grade equivalency. The music program is strong & participation is encouraged. Spanish is taught early. The athletics programs have given my kids a team ethic as well as physical development & are well supported. This is the best investment I have made for my money. Bob Heilman, PLS parent

Posted April 19, 2012
Pilgrim is especially good for math and grammar. They have an absolutely fantastic robotics program. Teachers use traditional textbooks and teach skills that the public schools have abandoned (like adding without a calculator). The school has a kind and caring environment. The principal, teachers, and staff are easy to work with and responsive to parent concerns.

Posted February 16, 2011
My daughter started attending Pilgrim part-time at 18 months. She's is entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2011, and she's going to continue attending Pilgrim! It's a fantastic, loving, Christian environment with outstanding academics. She's already reading, writing, and beginning math in Pre-K! If you live in Meyerland or Bellaire and want the best education for your kids in a caring environment that welcomes your involvement as a parent, you need to send your children to Pilgrim Lutheran School.

Posted January 25, 2010
Pilgrim is a family oriented environment that truly cares about the education and spiratual growth of each and every child. My son has been at this school since he was 2 yrs. old and is now in 5th grade. All of the teachers here go above and beyond to communicate with parents and spend extra time with children who need extra help. It is obvious that there is a high level of dedication with the teachers, and all support staff. The office staff is very helpful and pleasant to deal with. The principal is very available and involved. Pilgrim is a great school and I highly recommend it!

Pilgrim Lutheran School 3

Posted October 03, 2009
The school was ok, it could have been better. I go to a public school now, and it definetly feels like the school day is going at a way faster pace then it was at pilgrim. Plus at public school, well the one that i am going to, we actually have loads and loads of homework. One good thing that probably came out of Pilgrim was the history. Pilgrim is very strong in world history, U.S. history and Texas history. I can definetly say that i know more history about the world and the United States, than anyone in my class. I would suggest to you that if you don't like small schools, then don't go there, but if you want a family-like school, then go there.

Pilgrim Lutheran School 0

Posted October 03, 2009

Posted September 03, 2008
Pilgrim Lutheran School has an awesome Principal who is very supportive and interacts with everyone. His teaching staff is awesome as well, the teachers are caring and hold strong christian values. The classes are usually less than 18 students. I say schedule your private tour you won't be disappointed!

Pilgrim Lutheran School
8601 Chimney Rock Road, Houston, TX  77096
Last modified Pilgrim Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Pilgrim Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top