Houston, TX

Trinity Lutheran School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
Both of my children attend TLS and I couldn't be happier. My husband is an alumni and he too loves Trinity. When we got the opportunity for our children to come here we were so excited. Trinity has an environment of love and a Christ filled school. We feel so blessed to be a part of the TLS Family!

Posted October 21, 2014
My 1 year old daughter has been with the school for 3+ months now and I am very happy she is learning a lot, like picking things up, being nice to other kids, self feeding, communicating with sign language, sleeping when it is time to sleep (nap time) and how to color with crayons and write with a pencil.

Posted June 10, 2014
I used to go to this school from kindergarten to 3rd grade. I just graduated from high school. This school has got to be the worst school I had ever attended. I was bullied every day, and some teachers just didn't need to be teachers. I did not feel safe at the school, and i was treated unfairly. I hope that it has changed since I went here.

Posted February 17, 2014
I currently have 2 children in first grade and could not be happier with Trinity. I cannot begin to tell you how blessed our family has been to have our teacher for kindergarten and first grade to start off our education experience. She is a prayer warrior and has further taught our kids to love the Lord first and always. She has patience beyond what I could ever be capable of, commands respect from the children, a HUGE loving heart, she possesses the true gift of really knowing each child s weaknesses, strengths and passions and helping them through life lessons and teaching them exactly how they need to be taught as individuals. I have kids at opposite ends of the spectrum and she has made them both happy and has catered to their individual styles and needs for education. The Spanish teacher, music, P.E., etc. are all wonderful and we are very excited about our 2nd grade teacher next year. TLS has a new principal this year. She has done a wonderful job thus far and we are very excited about the positive things she has already done for Trinity. Convenience:I work downtown and the school is directly across the freeway. Doesn't get any better! I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 17, 2014
We have two children, one in PreK and the other in first grade, who love to go to school and that is due to the wonderful teachers at Trinity. The curriculum taught for both our children is beyond what is expected. It has excelled both of them into the grade above what they are currently in. All the teachers at Trinity know how to teach to each of the students and can individualize their curriculum in order to further their education, keeping their thirst for knowledge fresh. The teachers are warm and loving and treat the students with respect. They show them what it truly means to be a Christian and to love God. There is much parent support at Trinity so you know you are part of a family centered on God to give your child the best education. We have two of the top schools right here in our neighborhood, Harvard and Travis Elementary, yet we would still choose Trinity over them in a heartbeat. The low teacher to student ratios and moreover the care, support and curriculum win out easily over any public school. We are excited with what Trinity will bring for our girls and their future!

Posted February 09, 2014
I recently toured the middle school at Trinity Lutheran Downtown. I have spoken with many parents who have chosen this school for their child's education. The first thing I noticed was the smell of raw sewage that permeated the air of the middle school hall. After having recovered from that, what I noticed was that there were many middle school children that were left unattended or without adequate adult supervision. After having spoken with a parent whose child attends this school, this is quite common. This sounds like a recipe for disaster. Apparently, during study hall and club time, children are able to play instead of focus on their academics. The current schedule only allows students to meet with core teachers between 2 and 3 times per week on an alternating schedule. This does not sound like it would meet the needs of any child. My greatest concern was whether this school would meet the needs of my child academically, socially and emotionally. When looking at any school, curriculum and testing scores are one of my greatest concerns. They currently use the Stanford test and these scores are nowhere to be found. Enough said! Still searching!

Posted February 07, 2013
I have two children at Trinity, and we could not be happier. The early childhood teachers are attentive, loving and go out of their way to accomodate my baby's schedule. When my son was a baby, the school he attended had a rigid schedule that they expected all babies to confirm to. Here, the focus is on the child's well-being, not the teacher's convenience. We have been very pleased with the elementary school as well. The teachers are well-qualified and genuinely care about their students, their education, and their personal developmnent. The administration and supplemental instructors (Spanish, Art, etc) are easy to communicate with and eager to foster my child's development. It is true that there are instructors who are related to each other, and many staff and students are members of the church. I have not found this to be a negative. On the contrary, the teachers, staff, and administration are more caring and more invested in the students than what I have experienced at other "highly regarded" schools in Houston. We are not members of the church, but my children have been treated just like anyone else's. We have never felt left out or disadvantaged.

Posted August 27, 2012
I am currently in 8th grade and have been attending Trinity since since 3rd grade and I must say, Trinity is awesome. Everybody there is so kind, they have a great music program, and the academics are exceptional.

Posted August 19, 2012
My two children attended this horrible school for 6 long years, they were both bullied by the girls and boys while the administration and teachers watched and did nothing. Field trips were a total nightmare with the kids out of control doing what ever they wanted especially the kids in sports who were give a free pass on their horrible behavior. For kids with math skills they are referred to a tutor for 40.00 bucks an hour and in my case was a former student/friend of the principle and my child did not learn anything,. She was also incredibly rude to my 10 year old daughter. These teachers, coaches, principle and administrative staff are all joined at the hip. The extent of bullying and favoritism is of nuclear proportions, my mistake was leaving my children in a place like that way too long. Do not send your child to a place where they may be scared the rest of their lives in their most formative years.

Posted June 23, 2012
I am so happy to have gotten my children out of this deceptive place called a school. Most of the teachers are ill prepared and lacking proper credentials. They are not certified. Every teacher is somebody's cousin or married to each other. It is like a hillbilly haven. If your child is not a member of someone's family, then unfortunately your child is left out. We have wasted all of our money and my children have suffered. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Yes they love and nutrure their own. The tutor there is charging parents $40 an hour, and as we discovered the help he provides with math is homework and the problems are still wrong. Don't risk your child's education at a place where your child is subjected to favoritism geared toward the employees children.

Trinity Lutheran School
800 Houston Avenue, Houston, TX  77007
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Trinity Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top