PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Trinity Lutheran Downtown should be listed as one of the worst Christian Schools in the city. I made mistake of sending my 2 daughters here and unless you are part of the right crowd, they (the teachers, the administration and all their friends/alumni-the other parents) treated the outsiders very badly. I would not pay 2 cents in tuition to these people, it is a waste of your hard-earned money. My girls were bullied in the most horrible ways while the teachers watched, too bad I cannot name names. These teachers (I am using that term very loosely) gave special treatment to the girls and boys who were in sports, or were children of their friends or children of the alumni (I will add here that the children of the alumni had the worst behavior). Because of the special treatment is given to these groups of children they carry an air of entitlement while the other children were bullied and trampled on. In our experience the worst behaved students who were in sports who were given so much leeway that they became the perfect examples of bullies and snobs. They should really consider this environment as the perfect Lifetime movie scenario on bullying from students and teachers. I see there are some positive reviews on this blog and they more than likely from families who either have the right clout or are related to someone at the school. I should have read up on this school before sending my girls here. I beg you, please do research on this facility before sending your children to a place that will only make them and un-happy during what should be the best years of their life.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Very poor, teachers are not held accountable as they are allowed to have the mind set that not all the students are valued, only a select few.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, the character that this school develops are 2 kinds, the bully and the bullied.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Nope, in fact some of the teachers are ok with it as long as it is not the children of the staff, the children of the alumni or the children of the monetarily entitled. All the other children are left to fend for themselves, and sometimes, the teacher is the bully,.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Not at all, the teaching staffing only encourages, highlights and gives additional aid to the children not struggling academically, I don't think they really know what being a teacher is.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

the only children that are given effective teaching time are the children of the staff or children of the alumni

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

students are given too much homework to compensate for weak teaching in the classroom

I chose 2 stars rather than 1 to be fair because I have never visited the school but called and spoke to the Admissions Director who was less than accommodating and and very opinionated when I asked how the school handles life threatening allergies. In re-locating to the Houston area from the midwest this school is immediately ruled out due to the lack of professionalism and gall that resulted from speaking with someone on the phone!

Both of my children attend TLS and I couldn't be happier. My husband is an alumni and he too loves Trinity. When we got the opportunity for our children to come here we were so excited. Trinity has an environment of love and a Christ filled school. We feel so blessed to be a part of the TLS Family!

My 1 year old daughter has been with the school for 3+ months now and I am very happy she is learning a lot, like picking things up, being nice to other kids, self feeding, communicating with sign language, sleeping when it is time to sleep (nap time) and how to color with crayons and write with a pencil.

Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8