K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Neutral

I have a pre schooler so i dont feel that they need much home work but lots of play time and hands on activities

so far, I have had two incidents with staff and am not sure how long ill be able to keep my child in this school. this is her first year and hopefully not her last. When I first brought her there the faculty and staff was nice now i'm finding that two of her teachers are having cold attitudes and all I do is keep a business relationship with them being extremely nice. One of the teachers told me to be there at a certain time because that when i had to be there but have the time she is late getting to her job at the school. so far my child is happy which is what matters most but i'm am at the highest level of being protective no. Christian school or no christian school. I'm at the point where I feel like they want me to move my as if they are trying to push us out. Preschool faculty needs training on business approaches towards all paying parents. This is not totally what I pay for... but as a parent I am still observing.

I have 3 kids in Abiding Word school in various grades. I have had the privilege of having a kid in each of the teachers’ class rooms and they are all excellent teachers. Every classroom has a loving Christian environment that focuses on so much more than just passing a standardized test. I receive weekly emails about what is going on in each class and I am able to check my kids’ grades online so I am always aware of how they are doing. I cannot imagine a better school for kids in grades pre K – 8th grade.

This school is fairly ok but lacks diversity in the teaching body, the staff are only and we mean only Caucasian and they have to graduate from a lutheran college which is discriminatory and leaves other qualified applicants out and limits other great Christian teachers from working at this school even thought this school in a predominately diverse area. They have a semi diverse student body but the students will never see a diverse staff especially in the primary and middle schools.

Abiding word is a great school! Very glad to have found a loving Christian environment for my children.

not a good school. need to disinfect and clean better. teachers in rneed training. ms burke is great the only one that is caring enough.

This school has a very caring and social environment. They teach the kids manners and kind behaviour along with great academic programs. My son is 5 and is already reading and writing. We are very happy with the leadership and teachers.

Unless you are a church member then you are treated differently. They definitely have two different set of rules for children of members and non-members. Very disappointed with the school overall.

My son started around Thanksgiving time this year and we have nothing but god things to say about this school. The entire staff/students/students families have welcomed us with open arms. The curriculum is far more advanced and challenging but with the teaches dedication and them allowing us as parents to be more involved my son has gone from failing grades to almost a straight A student. He enjoys school more and I do not have to worry about bad things he might learn from others kids. Excellent school!!

I could not imagine our children elsewhere. Superior educators and supportive environment. The campus is all inclusive and tuition is low.

Last modified Abiding Word Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8