PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The bullying started after a new kid came to the school and the others picked up the bullying and started bullying my kid. It was turned around on my kid and my kid was blamed.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They definitely help struggling students or those with learning disabilities.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The principal (owner) is a very nice and Christian person for the most part.

Develops character: Agree

Some teachers exemplify Christ-like actions for sure.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Only a few teachers actually care about the kids. These teachers are not qualified to teach because they are not certified and many are not college educated (degreed).

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is not any homework. Generally, there is "seatwork" but no homework.

This school was once a great learning environment with staff that exemplified Christian morals and ethics. Over the last few years, the school's morale has gone way down. First off, please do listen to the other reviews about bullying because that is a prevalent issue at this school. This school touts itself as "an affordable alternative to public school" and the administrative team (owners) do have good intentions, but sadly allow kids who were kicked out of other schools or have behavioral issues to attend this school. My child began school here in Kindergarten and has done extremely well and was very happy up until last fall. A new child was admitted into the school and this child showed signs of behavioral issues. The new kid began bullying my kid and picking on my kid or starting fights. The, other students who were already at the school also began bullying my kid and accusing my kid of doing or saying things that never happened. My kid began to have depression and had to begin to see a therapist for the issues that the bullying caused. Furthermore, when we voiced our concerns to administration and the teacher, the issues were pushed onto us or our kid and our kid began to be singled out for getting blamed for things, we felt. We were told by the administration (whom we had known for a long time) that if we were not happy that we could "find another school because with us its not about the money". The mandatory fundraisers were also irritating because we had to sell raffle tickets and it seemed that nobody who attended the school ever won the raffle item. If a parent chooses to not participate in the fundraiser, they are required to pay a fee (well over $100) to "opt out" of said fundraisers. There is a definite problem with favoritism at this school and teachers are often playing on their phones or computers instead of focusing on the lectures and actually teaching. Only 1 teacher that I know of is actually certified to teach, the others are not certified and high school kids are often allowed to "teach" PE or other classes, my kid told us. The school could increase the tuition, which in turn would weed out kids who have already been problematic in public or other private schools and would also negate the purpose of the fundraisers (which when you factor in the cost of those, you are spending more than the tuition rates). We took our kid out.

There is no adult supervision of children. Girls are bullied by boys all day along especially when they go to the bathroom, When school is out for the day they kids run free. None of the teachers are certified to teach and the school is not accredited. This school should have been shut down years ago. A concerened parent....

My kids love it here. Great teachers & staff! My child started kindergarten this year. She is reading so well. My older child is feeling more confident when she takes test because she feels prepared. I amazed at the progress they have made.

this school is not a good school. i was bullied all the time nothing was done to help me. i DO NOT recommend this school in ANY way to someone, don't send your kid here.

Last modified Central Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12