Holy Spirit Episcopal School 3

Posted August 29, 2014
I have very mixed feelings on this school. My child has been attending since their younger years. The early child development department is excellent - and I would highly recommend to anyone. As soon as we became a part of the larger school, I ve noticed some disfunction in the staff at the front of the school. For example, they now have two secretaries for a one person role. They have a bookkeeper who does not appear to know what she is doing and there is much miscommunication in facts about the school to the parents. Our child is getting a great education, but I feel that the cost involved and the rate of escalation eventually they will price themselves out of their own market. They need to work on better business exercises and practices and not increase their tuition by $700 - $1000 per year. I have heard many, many other parents state the exact same. Overall, the education is great - my child is happy, but I feel the school is struggling on an administrative level.

Posted January 06, 2014
My daughter has been in the school since Kindergarten and we loved it all the way, there has been some challenges but the communication with the Faculty has always being great to correct any difference. Special note to the parent community, they get involved a lot in the school, which is a great thing

Posted April 08, 2013
Two of my children go to HSES. We love it! Check it out! The staff and Head of School are accommodating and I always feel heard as a parent. When a problem arose in our family they joined us in finding a solution. They bent over backwards to help my child. There are families of all faiths so please don't let the "church school" bother you. Take a tour, ask hard questions. They have answers. I am hopefully putting my third child there as well. Best experience I have had with an educational institution thus far. Well done! I shout your praises to all I know!

Posted April 08, 2013
Holy Spirit Episcopal School is a caring and nurturing place that is grounded in strong academics. The administration is experienced, knowledgeable and approachable. Founded 50 years ago, HSES has a clear mission, vision and a coherent strategy to implement. Along with strong moral and Christian values, the school has a solid traditional curriculum coupled with new and innovative teaching strategies and ideas. The teachers are kind and caring, but also challenge my child just enough where progress is steady and continual. The well rounded HSES student is offered art, theater, science lab, technology, music, foreign languages and sports. Middle schoolers even have the opportunity to study in Costa Rica! The moment you walk through the doors, you will experience kindness and welcoming from parents, teachers, staff and students. Our child comes home speaking of good friends and everything she has learned -- all with a big smile on her face: what else can we ask for?

Posted November 14, 2012
All three of my children have attended HSES. My two oldest were very well prepared academically and received a wonderful loving and nurturing environment. My youngest is doing very well also. The school under great leadership and has very high academics. The middle school does a wonderful job of building great character and self esteem in young people. It's a privilege to attend school there.

Posted April 26, 2012
I have two kids at Holy Spirit now (K and 1st) and we have been very pleased with the school! The Kindergarten is fantastic and my daughter's interest and learning growth have just exploded. I wish my 1st grader had been in this school for Kindergarten, as I believe my younger one is more prepared for 1st grade than my older one was coming in from a different school. I am also impressed that all teachers participated in the curriculum development for the school so they all have a strong understanding of how their classroom instruction relates to both the class behind and grade ahead, and collectively came up with a vision of what a Holy Spirit 8th grade graduate looks like and then aligned instruction with that vision. I also am impressed with the focus on school growth and development and the connected link between teachers, administrators and parents. The class sizes are great, and I generally have a feeling that the teachers truly care about my kids' growth, learning, character, and mental/physical well-being. I couldn't ask for much more from a school.

Posted July 29, 2011
It is almost time for the new year to begin and I am excited. I have a child in lower school and middle school-great things are happening with a new Head of School in place! My children are happy and have been receiving a great education! The middle school is preparing my child well for high school due to great teachers and leadership provided by the Head of Middle School! Our family is ready for school to begin.

Posted July 28, 2011
Strength of character, integrity, love and compassion for others are just a few of the values my children developed through their years at Holy Spirit Episcopal School. They were taught that these are life long lessons that will serve them and others well for the rest of their lives. Along with strong moral and Christian values, they excelled academically with instruction from teachers that care about the lives and growth of their students; several of which my children will remember well into their adult years. It is important to me for my children to be in a school that fosters the whole child, which I know to be true at Holy Spirit. They have been well educated academically, athletically, and spiritually; well prepared for their next level of education. While Holy Spirit has undergone leadership changes, it continues to focus on being the very best school for its students.

Holy Spirit Episcopal School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
Unfortunately, Holy Spirit is not the school it use to be. There has been a new Head of School every year since 2008, much of that time there has been no head of school. Many of the fine teachers have departed. The school is divided into three sections, preschool, lower school and middle school. Each division has a head. 2010-2011 the lower school had no head and the current new middle school head demonstrated a lack of experience and the skills to adequately run the middle school and meet student needs. Academically your child will receive a descent education, but if your child attends the middle school be prepared to deal with self-esteme issues due to the current practices of the Head of Middle School and some of the teachers that happen to be some of her best friends.

Posted May 18, 2011
I love this school. The class sizes are small enough that my children get individual attention, yet big enough that they have plenty of social activiity. The sports are great in Middle School and my children have flourished at this school.

Holy Spirit Episcopal School
12535 Perthshire Rd, Houston, TX  77024
Last modified Holy Spirit Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Spirit Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top