PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We have been very pleased with Holy Spirit! My daughter started last year in 6th grade after attending public school since Kinder. Last year, she hit some (normal) bumps with her transition to middle school. All of our worries were addressed IMMEDIATELY and the faculty and staff went out of their way to help her succeed. The teachers at Holy Spirit are excellent. The ancillary programs, such as Ecolink trips and the Arts department are PHENOMENAL. I don't think my child could have had those experiences anywhere else. And the kids there are great - parents are super-involved and communicate with each other. I would encourage anyone with a child from nursery school to 8th to visit and see for yourself!

I have very mixed feelings on this school. My child has been attending since their younger years. The early child development department is excellent - and I would highly recommend to anyone. As soon as we became a part of the larger school, I ve noticed some disfunction in the staff at the front of the school. For example, they now have two secretaries for a one person role. They have a bookkeeper who does not appear to know what she is doing and there is much miscommunication in facts about the school to the parents. Our child is getting a great education, but I feel that the cost involved and the rate of escalation eventually they will price themselves out of their own market. They need to work on better business exercises and practices and not increase their tuition by $700 - $1000 per year. I have heard many, many other parents state the exact same. Overall, the education is great - my child is happy, but I feel the school is struggling on an administrative level.

My daughter has been in the school since Kindergarten and we loved it all the way, there has been some challenges but the communication with the Faculty has always being great to correct any difference. Special note to the parent community, they get involved a lot in the school, which is a great thing

Two of my children go to HSES. We love it! Check it out! The staff and Head of School are accommodating and I always feel heard as a parent. When a problem arose in our family they joined us in finding a solution. They bent over backwards to help my child. There are families of all faiths so please don't let the "church school" bother you. Take a tour, ask hard questions. They have answers. I am hopefully putting my third child there as well. Best experience I have had with an educational institution thus far. Well done! I shout your praises to all I know!

Holy Spirit Episcopal School is a caring and nurturing place that is grounded in strong academics. The administration is experienced, knowledgeable and approachable. Founded 50 years ago, HSES has a clear mission, vision and a coherent strategy to implement. Along with strong moral and Christian values, the school has a solid traditional curriculum coupled with new and innovative teaching strategies and ideas. The teachers are kind and caring, but also challenge my child just enough where progress is steady and continual. The well rounded HSES student is offered art, theater, science lab, technology, music, foreign languages and sports. Middle schoolers even have the opportunity to study in Costa Rica! The moment you walk through the doors, you will experience kindness and welcoming from parents, teachers, staff and students. Our child comes home speaking of good friends and everything she has learned -- all with a big smile on her face: what else can we ask for?

All three of my children have attended HSES. My two oldest were very well prepared academically and received a wonderful loving and nurturing environment. My youngest is doing very well also. The school under great leadership and has very high academics. The middle school does a wonderful job of building great character and self esteem in young people. It's a privilege to attend school there.

I have two kids at Holy Spirit now (K and 1st) and we have been very pleased with the school! The Kindergarten is fantastic and my daughter's interest and learning growth have just exploded. I wish my 1st grader had been in this school for Kindergarten, as I believe my younger one is more prepared for 1st grade than my older one was coming in from a different school. I am also impressed that all teachers participated in the curriculum development for the school so they all have a strong understanding of how their classroom instruction relates to both the class behind and grade ahead, and collectively came up with a vision of what a Holy Spirit 8th grade graduate looks like and then aligned instruction with that vision. I also am impressed with the focus on school growth and development and the connected link between teachers, administrators and parents. The class sizes are great, and I generally have a feeling that the teachers truly care about my kids' growth, learning, character, and mental/physical well-being. I couldn't ask for much more from a school.

It is almost time for the new year to begin and I am excited. I have a child in lower school and middle school-great things are happening with a new Head of School in place! My children are happy and have been receiving a great education! The middle school is preparing my child well for high school due to great teachers and leadership provided by the Head of Middle School! Our family is ready for school to begin.

Strength of character, integrity, love and compassion for others are just a few of the values my children developed through their years at Holy Spirit Episcopal School. They were taught that these are life long lessons that will serve them and others well for the rest of their lives. Along with strong moral and Christian values, they excelled academically with instruction from teachers that care about the lives and growth of their students; several of which my children will remember well into their adult years. It is important to me for my children to be in a school that fosters the whole child, which I know to be true at Holy Spirit. They have been well educated academically, athletically, and spiritually; well prepared for their next level of education. While Holy Spirit has undergone leadership changes, it continues to focus on being the very best school for its students.

Unfortunately, Holy Spirit is not the school it use to be. There has been a new Head of School every year since 2008, much of that time there has been no head of school. Many of the fine teachers have departed. The school is divided into three sections, preschool, lower school and middle school. Each division has a head. 2010-2011 the lower school had no head and the current new middle school head demonstrated a lack of experience and the skills to adequately run the middle school and meet student needs. Academically your child will receive a descent education, but if your child attends the middle school be prepared to deal with self-esteme issues due to the current practices of the Head of Middle School and some of the teachers that happen to be some of her best friends.

Last modified Holy Spirit Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8