Houston, TX

Posted September 29, 2012
This school may be Houston's best kept secret. I've actually researched where the kids have gone on to school after attending Northwood and it's amazing. The children are not only getting into Houston's top private schools but are THE top students there! At public schools, the kids are getting into GT programs and AP classes. Northwood parents are repeatedly told that their kids are way ahead. The children's academics are excellent, but even better the kids come out as well-rounded little individuals. This school is not to be missed. Much of enrollment is done simply by word of mouth. The school is off of urban FM1960, but its street, Welcome Lane is just that. Once there, you'll see the butterflty garden at the entrance. The classrooms all have birds and fish and plants inside. The playground is expansive with trees and flowers. There's a full playground and a track to ride trikes. I'm a parent grateful that I found this place for my two kids. The non-profit school is one of only 4 true, AMI Montessori schools in the state. It is accredited and rigorously tested each year. The teachers have been there for ten plus years. As you can tell, I did my research. This is the place.

Posted May 22, 2012
My son is a current student here. The teachers and helpers are wonderful and caring. Even the parents are extremely involved in this school.

Posted April 15, 2012
Wonderful location, staff and curriculum. My daughter is a current student at Northwood and has been there for the last three years. It's an absolutely wonderful place with caring staff and excellent academics. My daughter has blossomed during her time there and I'm so very sad that we'll have to find a different school next year since they only go through first grade. Highly recommend!!!

Posted March 07, 2012
My sone went there for a 8 months until we had to move out of the city. The school is PHENOMENAL. The teachers are so caring and nurturing. The older children were so thoughtful which was a result of their experience at Northwood. My child was the youngest in the class and I was amazed at how caring the older children were towards him. The ambience is serene and natural beauty. I have not been able to find a school that is as good as Northwood.

Posted November 25, 2008
Both of our children have been attending since 2.5 years old. I had visited all the montessori schools in the Northwest area before choosing Northwood. The minute I walked into a classroom to observe, I knew it was the right place for us. The environment is nuturing, peaceful, respectful, and individualized. Every child works at their own pace. You stay with the same teacher and classroom each year, so there is continuity and a chance for the older children to help their younger peers. In addition to the outstanding academics, the children learn manners and self-discipline. The teachers and staff are wonderful! Northwood is so successful due to the cohesive community of teachers, staff, parents, and children. My children also attend the home environment room for after school care. It's as well run as the classrooms with a more related environment of quality educational toys, spanish lessons, and no TV!

Northwood Montessori School 0

Posted August 18, 2008
Both our kids went to this school. It offers a very nurturing environment without sacrificing discipline. The teaching and administrative staff are highly dedicated and very involved. The school's setting at the end of a quiet lane is ideal for young minds; the school has been a secure and loving place for our kids. Despite having graduated a few years ago, our older child still loves to visit Northwood Montessori and spend his off day there. Kudos to the board and staff for their hard work!

Posted July 11, 2006
A great school for any child beginning to learn. A perfect school to build a strong base for the future. My son graduated from here in May 2005 and currently my daughter is attending this school. Highly recommend this school to any parent

Posted June 07, 2006
We graduated four children from Northwood Montessori School. It has been a blessing in our children's lives, from the child-centered, wonderful curriculum, to the caring teachers and assistants, to the Home Environment Room for children who need before- and after-school care. Placing our children here for their formative pre-school through first grades years was one of the best decisions my husband and I made in their young lives, impacting their development as caring and responsible youngsters, and planting a love of learning and academic proficiency. The respect the teachers show for the students is returned 100-fold to the teachers and fellow students. There is support for parents who wish to learn parenting skills, and the school relies upon a cooperative relationship with parents, who contribute time based on opportunity and some minimum expectations. One morning observation session at this wonderful place brought us here; the unbelievably great experience brought us back.

Posted May 17, 2006

Posted September 29, 2005
Intuive,interactiveand responsible.One of the best choices I've made, to have sent 2 of my 3 kids. Planning on sending my 3rd one. Truly a very rewarding education administered at a very tangible and interactive level.

Northwood Montessori School
14901 Welcome Lane, Houston, TX  77014
Last modified Northwood Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Northwood Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top