9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The support and encouragement my kids had to graduate from this school was super I have to say thank you for the whole staff including the owner

Had my twins graduating from the school in 2014 and it was the best school ever with fantastic staff and great atmosphere

I am a parent, and I am looking for a private high school in Houston for my boy now.

This school has been overwhelming disappointing to my child. The teachers are painfully weak, unkind to the students, and truly uncaring. I see now that no one had rated the school in 3 years, there may have been a time it was a good school. I think people say they like it because they are desperate and have no other choice for their child. My child did have other choices and I thought the small school would be nice. But the inflexibility, lack of respect for the students, terrible teaching, and very odd teachers has been a total disaster. The principal is very nice, but has no intention of asking terrible faculty and admin to leave who have been there for decades. A crime, especially at the cost financially and for a kids' childhood.

This school is very weak academically. The total instruction time is much less than other schools. There are no classes on Fridays, and there are all kinds of breaks (winter break, spring break etc). Kids come from other private schools (Awty, St John's) and find the material very easy-- a slacker school. Agreed that some kids can benefit as they make easy As but what they will miss is good background in very important classes (Chemistry, Physics)

Loved it small class size was so much better than any of the big ones

Going to Alexander Smith Academy was the best decision I have ever made. I loved that the classes were so small that each student received the individual attention he or she needed but large enough to get into a heated class discussion or debate. Another great part about ASA is that the teachers truly care about the progress each student makes and intervenes when they feel a student is struggling. I would have never gone to another school besides this one and I am so grateful for the past 4 years that I have spent there.

ASA is the best school I have been to (and I should know as I have been to seven in several parts of the world). The teachers are friendly, helpful and care about your education. Tutorials are amazing, the teachers will sit with you one on one and go through the entire lesson with you if that is what you need. Every Friday is dedicated to tutorials so you can get all the help you need. Though many view the Fridays as a day off!! Come and see ASA and you will be made to feel welcome.

Last modified Alexander-Smith Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12