No rating

Living Word Christian Academy

Private | K-8

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Posted August 16, 2012

My son started attending Living Word Christian Academy/ABC Word Academy school in August of 2011. He was 2 1/2 years old. Ms. Evelyn was his teacher she is AWESOME! She nutures her students at the same time teaches the essentials needed for 2 year olds to grow to the next level, which is obviously effective. My son loves her! His learning ability seems to improve by the week. Ms.Tina and Ms.Veronica are both welcoming, both ladies are approachable with WONDERFUL spirits. The enviroment makes is safe I love that there are active camera's around the campus. I would refer Living Word Christian Academy/ABC Word Academy to anyone that is seeking a school for thier child. ~Stacy Thomas

Posted August 16, 2012

This is a great school, friendly staff, clean enviorment and excellent educational skills being taught and a wonderful christian foundation. I was very impressed with this school and would refer my family, friends and co workers. Sharalda Smith

Posted August 16, 2012

I have had the pleasure of having 2 of my children attend ABC & Livingword academy. My son attended ABC when he was 3yrs old & would quote scriptures & sing all the time from what he learned & now my 23mo old is following in his footsteps. She already knows her ABC's & singing yes Jesus loves me! I really love that this school gives my kids the basis of christianity. My son is now 7yr old & still goes to the summer camp where he enjoys himself & back singing songs & quoting scriptures! Tonya Young

Posted August 16, 2012

ABC Word Academy is a GREAT school. The directors and teachers are all Wonderful people. The care, and education they give your child is amazing. The first thing that impressed me about this school was how clean and organized it was, the staff running it just puts it over the top. I recommend it 100%. I am very happy my child is atteding this school, and she looks forward to being there everyday. Martha Perez

Posted August 16, 2012

Last year was my son's first year at Living Word and I'm so pleased with his improvement in his education level and social level. The staff I interacted with were fantastic and very understanding. I would recommend them to any parent who is looking for a great school for their children.

Posted August 16, 2012

What a great school!!!!!! This school has surpassed all of my expectations and I really enjoy the staff and the administration. They work hard at educating my children and work tirelessly to set the children up for success. The facility is always kept clean and the classrooms child friendly. The school site is safe with cameras in each room and a combination lock on the doors. Kudos to the administration and teaching staff!!!!

Posted August 16, 2012

My child attends the Living Word's ABC Christian Academy and I am very pleased with the professionalism that is exemplified by all the staff members. I am especially pleased with the service that is rendered by Ms. Tina who has made herself available whenever needed. Ms. Tina's hands-on service goes far beyond the call of duty to ensure that all the children needs are met. Overall, I know that this academy provides a Christian, yet educational environment for my son.

Posted August 16, 2012

I absolutely LOVE the teachers! The care my children get here is GREAT and ABC has a wonderful academic program..

Posted August 15, 2012

ABC Word Academy is a great school. The directors and teachers are friendly and professional. I especially want to acknowledge Ms. Tina for being nice and caring and Ms. Evelin for being an awesome teacher. My son has attended this school for two years and is doing very well in class. Not only is the learning environment fun, interactive with hands on activities, but a Christian curriculum is taught too! This school was the right choice for my son; I know he will be well prepared for kindergarten. Keep up the great work ABC Word Academy staff! Sheritta McElveen

Posted August 15, 2012

Exceptional School. Love Ms. Tina the director. She also taught my little one when she was still in the classroom. Now she is with Ms. Evelyn who is also awesome. I honestly think my daughter learned more by going here than to regular school. She definitely learned more here than any other daycare.

Posted August 15, 2012

ABC Word Academy has been the right choice since my child's school closesd without warning. I had to find a school that had the same concept and when I entered the school and met Ms. Tina she made me feel right at home and this is the reason why I chose this school. She is is very professional and listens to the parents and really care about the students. My child was able to continue on with his learning and is excelling academically. The school has great teachers who also care about the students. I made the right choice and want to say ABC Word Academy is a great schoo!

Posted August 15, 2012

We are very pleased with ABC Word Academy and positive that we made a good choice. The staff has been very attentive and proactive with our daughter. We appreciate the hard work and constant dedication. thanks,

Posted August 15, 2012

ABC Word Academy is a good school with a caring environment. My two children are well cared for. The caregivers in the infants room are caring and attentive to my child's needs. The teachers in the toddlers room have been great academically. I can see that my child is learning. It is good to see him come home with projects that he has completed that day. He also looks forward to seeing his teachers every day. The office staff is friendly and good about contacting us if there is an issue concerning the children's health and other matters. Overall, ABC Word Academy has been a good choice for the caring and well being of our young children.

Posted August 15, 2012

We are very pleased with ABC Word academy and confident that we made a good decision, in allowing our daughter to go there. We appreciate the dedication and love shown. There is always a high level of respect from the employees and you are made to feel like you are apart of one big happy family. thanks for everything

Posted August 15, 2012

ABC Word Academy has been instrumental in my preschoolers learning. He is learning so much and each week he is talking to me about something new! It is amazing to see the growth. The teachers genuinely care for the kids and it shows. The staff is courteous and helpful. If you have any issues they will work diligently to get the situation corrected. I was recommended to the school and my experiences have been a blessing. I too will recommend ABC Word and I look forward to another great year! Y. Humber-Jackson

Posted August 15, 2012

ABC Word Academy is a good school for infants and toddlers. I have been pleased so far with what my 18 month old is learning on a daily basis. I especially like the structured curriculum for the infant and 18 month to 2 year old classrooms. The teachers and staff are very friendly and the school itself exudes a wonderful Christian environment. The one thing that I am displeased with is how the price increase was handled. I have no problem with increases in pricing, but I was not notified in a proper or timely manner before the price increase went into affect.

Posted August 15, 2012

ABC Word Academy is a wonderful place for kids and families! We feel lucky that our family is part of this school. We would like thank the staff for everything.

Posted August 14, 2012

ABC Word Academy is a wonderful school. I love the way Jesus is being incoroporated in their everyday activities. This is clearly demonstrated when my son is able to recite bible verses at 3 yrs old or when he comes home and emulates how Mr. Coleman sings " If anybody ask you who I am, Tell them I'm a child of God". Thanks for doing a wonderful job ABC. Tomeka Preston

Posted August 6, 2012

Our family has a 10 year tenure with LWCA. My oldest son was homeschooled, and after I experienced a brief illness in February 2002, he was invited to attend LWCA for a week while I recuperated. He loved the academy so much, he begged to stay and ultimately graduated from 8th grade in 2008. What I appreciated most about the academy was that it built on the foundation that we had alread laid in our son's life: nurturing a love for God and a sense of responsibility in him taking ownership of his own education. When he entered high school in CFISD, his counselors and teachers were simply amazed with how far advanced he was in his studies! This year he graduated from high school Summa Cum Laude and will leave to attend Baylor University in a week! We were so pleased that we repeated the same process with our two younger sons, one who entered second grade in 2009, and the last one who entered first grade in 2010. Both boys, again, faired very well with the process at LWCA: the daily chapel, the rigorous and biblically intergrated curriculum, AND the nurturing and dedicated staff! We have also been VERY pleased with their standardized test scores each year. Thank you, LWCA!

Posted June 8, 2012

If there was way to rate the school -0- stars I would have. The administration is horrible! It's like talking to a brick wall. When asked a question or if a concern is brought to them nothing gets resolved and please don't expect an accurate answer. The reply is usually babble, just enough to aggravate you so you leave it alone. Please reconsider bringing your child to LWCA. Spend a little more money to get better service.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• Kitchen

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Art teacher(s)
  • Gifted specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6601 Antoine Drive