Living Word Christian Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Sweep tile

Posted March 28, 2012

My child Had some behavioral issues and this principal worked with me to help my child succeed. The principal and teachers exhibit their love on a daily basis.

Posted March 28, 2012

I am a public school teacher. My niece and nephew started out at LWCA. Unfortunately, their parents had to relocate. However, when my niece started her new school, she was so far advance than the other students. She was test and moved up a grade. My nephew is ahead of this class. After seeing my niece and nephew advance academically, my son now attends LWCA. There is a big difference in Private Christian Education and Public School Education. LWCA offers lots of one on one. I enjoy talking and working with the teachers.

Posted January 21, 2012

Enrolling my grandaughter at this school was my biggest mistake.I feel as if I failed my grandaughter. My grandaughter has been at Brookhollow Christian Academy for 6 years and I was very satisfied. BCA only went up to 2nd grade, which left me looking for another Christian Academy. I'm sad to say I was told about LWCA.The teacher I was introduced to when I came to tour the school wasnt the same teacher that is my grandaughters teacher now. At the beginning of the school year I noticed the mispelling of words on the board.I went in at the beginning of the school year and let her teacher know that I was there to support her as the teacher and my grandaughter. I noticed that the teacher didnt give out conduct sheets for the purpose of communication. The first 9 weks was o.k., but I was noticing that her teacher didnt seem as if she was an experienced teacher. The second nine weeks was a total nightmare. My grandaughter recieved 3 F's on her progress report and I was never notified by the teacher that my grandaughters grades dropped down from A's and B"s to F's. There is no communication from the teacher to the parents and the administration is know help.

Posted January 21, 2012

As a parent I feel that when you have a problem with anything that occurs at the school you should be able to go to the administrator of the school to resolve the problem. Each time I went to Ms. Goodie or had a conversation with her I felt as if she wasnt holding the teacher responsible for anything. I felt as if I was being labeled and attacked. At this point I'm just waiting for the end of the school year because I have know intention of returning to LWCA. Every school that hold any type of Accreditation has guidelines in which they must follow in order to keep their Accreditation. I bought my grandaughter here for a Christian Education, small classes, firm but loving teachers. I feel that my grandaughters teachers are lazy, unexperienced and untrained. I dont recommend Living Word Christian Academy to anyone.

Posted June 3, 2010

I currently have two children attending this wonderful school. The earliest my children attended this school was 18 months. The structure, love, and innovation this school brings to our children is amazing. The christain teachings have also helped my kids become more confident in their faith and beliefs. Nothing is forced and when children seeking more knowledge it is provided.

Posted May 26, 2010

This school is great! I love the small classes and the children learn so much. I think the potential for this school is outstanding and they will do great things. I would suggest that anyone who has a little one to send your child to this school.

Posted May 26, 2010

My grand daughter has been going to LWCA since she was 3. It is an awesome school with great teachers, assistants, and administration.

Posted May 25, 2010

My daughter is going to the first grade next school year and has been with LWCA since Pre-K all my daughter wants to do in her spare time is read, do math problems and write. I beleive this is all due to this school. She started reading and doing basic addition in Pre-K and now in kinder doing more advance levels along with learning spanish. They also have fine arts programs so that your child may be in after school activities which is also awesome. Also the adminitration has always been very nice in answering any questions I have had.

Posted May 2, 2008

As far as learning it is a great school my son has learn so much there. But the adminitration, I believe the attitudes could be better.

Posted July 12, 2007

My daughter started at Inwood Oaks Christian School in kindergarten. She loves the school and is learning at higher level than public school. Next year will be her third year at IOCS. We love the school and there strong Christian environment.

Posted January 9, 2007

My son has attended IOCS since he was 3 years old and he is now in the first grade. He is very excited about learning and if that excites him I don't mind making the sacrifice to send him to IOCS. And to top it all off, the school is christian based. They have praise and worship service everyday and parents are invited to participate. My husband and I are pleased with my son's progress. The staff is helpful and friendly and all of the teachers are certified instructors. The after school programs they have developed are great. If you are in search of a Christian School for your child, please give IOCS a tour. You will definitely love it!!

Posted May 13, 2006

Hello, my name is Shawn Carpenter and my two children have been attending Inwood Oaks School for two years now and we love the school , the staff everything about it. My children have and have had wonderful teachers I know they are learning and want to learn more. They are excited about going to this school. We were at Sea World ,Texas and my kids kept asking me when were they going back to school, I was like wow!, they rather be at school than see Shamu, that's just so awesome to me. I thank God so much for allowing my chidren to be in an environment like Inwood oaks Christian, it's truly a Blessing!

Posted July 22, 2005

Great school. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. My 2year old and my 7 year old kids are very happy and my 7 year old is learning much more than when she was in tomball school district, considered a top school. The are also learning about god. I make the sacrifice to pay for my kids education.

Posted September 9, 2003

It was very difficult working with the staff at this school. There seemed to be a 'control issue' between the administration/coordinators and the teachers. Yet it was the students who suffered when parents are denied access to teachers. I would strongly not recommend this school.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• Kitchen

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Art teacher(s)
  • Gifted specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6601 Antoine Dr