PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

We absolutely love WCS! Our 3 kids have been here since K3 and they love it as well. It is a warm, nurturing environment where the staff truly cares about your family. We cannot imagine our family any place else. Like any school, you get out what you put into it. I would guess that the parents who have written negative reviews are just those kind of people who are always going to have a problem wherever they are. I have never seen or heard of bullying from my children. Athletics are excellent, but we feel the academics are better than the public schools available locally. Highly recommend WCS!

Many of the faculty members lack the true Christian values and integrity that they claim to want to instill in our children. They lie and offend with impunity and hide behind the student handbook. It makes me wonder if the elders of the church really know what is taking place at the school. Be careful if you are looking to enroll your kids here. We are trying to transition our kids out.

All I ask is that if you decide to go here it is your last and I MEAN LAST choice. This school is only getting worse.

My 2 children attended WCS from K3 until 3rd and 5th grade. Presently, due to finances, we are not able to attend , but we will definitely be returning. Which is why I am rating this school. We are having to attend a public charter school. Immediately, my kids were recognized as gift and talented. In english, reading, math, and science, they are way above national standards. (between 2- 3 yrs advanced). I attribute their academic achievement to WCS academic standards & their wonderful teachers. My kids loved their teachers! WCS, also, help build and reinforce Godly character. WCS help children strive to have strong Godly character. Which helps mold them into great adults & strong leaders. My children display Godly character traits such as loyalty, respectfulness, trustworthy, faithfulness.and are they are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR WCS. My kids learned so much here. We also had felt a sense of community here. They made lifelong friends and relationships. It is like belonging in one big family. The WCS gives 150% of themselves. They go way above what is expected. Your children will be blessed by their staff & administration.

My son is an intermediate student and has been at WCS since 1st grade. We live in a suburban area of almost 20 miles from Houston; however, the school is very close to my job. I have turned down jobs in other areas of town because my commitment to keep my son at WCS is that strong. He is challenged academically and is growing spiritually. I read some of the comments about bullying and staff members being related. When my son had problems with another student (which has happened but will happen at every school), I used that as a teaching and coaching tool. No school is perfect because people aren't perfect, but WCS is worth the investment. If you are an engaged parent; partner with the teachers; and make your presence known; the experience will be stellar. Great school, great family atmosphere, challenging academia...2 thumbs up!

I agree with the parent that posted the comment about nepotism and she is also correct about the school using students as informants. I decided not to return with my child this year because of that same reason....if there is a problem with a teacher, there is absolutely no recourse because most of the staff are related. There is also a huge emphasis on sports and not academics..example, last year, the school participated in a basketball tournament the weekend prior to the week of finals. The deal breaker for me was when I was told by more than one admissions officer from other private schools that very few students from Westbury are accepted into their programs.

I totally disagree with the previous post about bullying in the school. I know a lot of the staff personally and been around the school for a while. I have never seen andy thing but love and respect from the teachers. All students are treated in a Godly manner. Whe a problem does arise the proper persons are notified. I dont know the basis of these claims but they sound outrageous. I pray for the bitternes being felt. WCS is an awesome christian school. I have nothing but good things to say.

My daughter attends Westbury Christian. I don't see any bullying in the school and hardly imagine any because they talk about Christian values every day. If there is such incident, with prayers, I believe WCS can overcome it. Teachers are extremely supportive and experienced. WCS is relative cheaper than most private school, that shows they are here for greater purpose than money alone.

Not returning to this school. Bullying is tolerated and not corrected. They use other students in the class as informants because they don't know how to deal with the bullying problem and can't fix it. They are only interested in getting a paycheck (your money). Horrible! ...and this is a Christian School! Entirely too much Nepotism at this school -- it is rampant!

Even though I am a freshman, i LOVE the school. I come from Sugar Land Middle School and this is soooooooooo much better! I feel like im actually getting an education!

Last modified Westbury Christian Lower School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12