Houston, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted July 16, 2014
I SURE HOPE THAT PEOPLE READ THIS IN LOOKING FOR A SCHOOL...DO NOT TAKE THEM THERE. I had my son in preschool and pre-k at this school. He had behavioral issues and the teachers acted like they were working on them, asked for my input and did not implement any advice that I gave. Firstly, yes the student teacher ratio is small but they do have a teachers aide and with EPS and Pre-k almost every private school I visited has aides for the younger kids. the principle is horrible just because her summer school teacher did not get the production they wanted she felt it necessary to tell me that my kid was not of average intelligence. I was done with them and looking back they gave up on my child during pre-k. they hyper focused on him to the point where he was so concerned about behavior than learning. I got farther with him at home than they did. Yes the school is inviting but dont be fooled by the horses and pool. Even a child psychologist told me they are riding on their past reputation but would NEVER recommend this school to any parent. Plus the Pre-k teachers are not degreed EEC teachers or certified and one not even in college at all. They do not care about children.

Posted January 26, 2014
We moved my daughter to Redd this past September. It is amazing the difference we see in her. She still struggles with reading but her teacher takes the time to work with her to help her understand the material. We are kept up to date on any issues the teacher sees her struggling with and even get updates of subjects she is excelling in. My daughter used to get sick before going to school...almost daily. Now she can't wait to get up and off to school.

Redd School 3

Posted December 12, 2013
I had a very short experience with the Redd School when my child was an infant. The "teachers" in the infant room were all very young, but they were nice and polite and seemed to genuinely care for the babies. However, the ratio of 5 infants to 1 teacher is much too high, and there was a revolving door of teachers. I never knew who would be with my child at drop off or pick up. My child would often come home with a diaper that had been put on haphazardly and soiled clothes were thrown into a bag without being rinsed. Empty bottles were not rinsed, either. The director was very impersonal and never once followed up with us on how things were going or how our child was progressing. When we changed to another daycare (albeit more expensive), the difference in quality of care and communication with parents was astounding.

Posted October 09, 2013
I moved my child from public school to Redd School and I have been over the top pleased. His teacher goes above and beyond to help him reach his highest goals. I only wish I would have know about this school when his siblings were younger. I have seen public school first hand and I continue to be impressed daily by Redd School.

Posted September 06, 2013
I use to work at this facility, I didn't expect much and that is what I got. As a teacher who worked there, the teachers barely got any funding for material, no supplies to help the kids creativity. Always had to work with the same resources that were given to us. I felt I put more money in, and getting nothing back. The staff turnover is horrible, plus I felt other staff members are not fit to work in the such a "private institute". The staff was always either on the phone, talking to other staff members, or having their backs turned away from the kids. As a parent I would rather put my kids in public school .The administrative was no help, asking them for help was like talking to one of the students. I am only writing a review because I feel this school has been such a horror ,and the families don't deserve to waste their money on what they think is higher education.

Posted August 26, 2013
We, at Redd School, are surprised by the comments in this review. In fact, we have confidential, permanent records that disprove the alleged complaints. We pride ourselves in selecting knowledgeable, professional, compassionate and experienced educators who know how to meet the needs of each student. Our purpose is to take each child from their current level of performance to their maximum potential by providing a positive learning environment that fosters self-confidence and achievement. We always appreciate the opportunity to discuss and reflect upon concerns, as noted in our open-door policy. Educators and parents/guardians are partners and must work together as a team in order to serve each child well.

Posted April 10, 2013
My child has been attending Redd School since she was an infant. I have always been impressed with the level of education and care she is receiving. I always know what is going on in the classroom and am always notified if my child is feeling under the weather, etc. I feel as though the teachers are easy to talk to and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the main office. I love Redd School and would recommend them to family and friends.

Posted March 11, 2013
The toddler room was always dirty and unorganized. The school offered to work on behavior program for our child then failed to implement it properly on their end based on their suggestions. When we told them they were not doing the charts the way they had set it up, they asked us to find another school. Once we found another school, the teachers had the audacity to offer us advice on what kind of teachers/schools to look for, the ultimate hypocrisy. When we entered our child in the new school he was way behind the other students on curriculum and group behavior skills. There are other schools in the area that offer curriculum based on the local ISD systems and really prepares them for "real school" If I could give this school zero stars I would.

Posted February 03, 2012
My daughter just started at Redd and loves it. The principal, Ms. Ellen, has been wonderful & has put forth every effort to ensure that my daughter is well accepted. I love the fact that the teacher is able to challenge my daughter to her fullest potential (my daughter is an advanced 1st grader). The entire staff has been awesome - and has the open door policy that I like. It is a nurturing and lovey-dovey school. This works for us, although it may not work for everyone. After volunteering today, I can see how affectionate (i.e. hugs, high-5's, positive reinforcement) the staff is and how happy ALL of the kids seem to be. The parents that I have spoken with are all happy and wouldn't change a thing. With this being said, my husband and I want to keep our kids at Redd until middle school; I feel that Redd may be too small for middle school aged kids. Also, there are a lot of activities during the summer, which is awesome.

Posted January 31, 2012
This is our first year at Redd School. I'm kicking myself for not finding it sooner. My daughter is learning SOOOO much more than she did in the advanced classes in public school AND in a nurturing, stress-free environment. Thank you Miss Ellen! Thank you Miss Crow! Thank you Redd School!

Redd School