No rating

The Banff School

Private | PK-12

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $182,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted August 20, 2013

This is my daughter's fourth year here. We have looked at other schools but the big thing that stands out in Banff is that you have access / open communication lines to the principal and teachers all the time. The other thing I like about this school is that the teachers are very helpful in pushing each student to realize fullest potential. No one school will be a perfect fit but here, we found the closest fit!

Posted July 16, 2013

My child attended the elementary school for a year. Whilst reading levels were advanced, overall, the classrooms and equipment were worn out and out of date. In fact the whole facility has had little or no investment for the past 20 years, except for the gymnasium which was rebuilt after the original one burned down. The school is run on a shoestring and parents are expected to organize and pay for everything when it comes to extra-curricular activities (including using their own homes to facilitate any clubs or competition activities). Whilst the elementary teachers were generally good, the administrative staff were absolutely terrible. Any information supposed to come from the school was either wrong, changed at the last minute or not communicated at all. As for the admissions policy, there is no testing or screening which means that there are a disproportionate number of students with behavioral/learning differences Don't be fooled by the glossy website.

Posted March 16, 2011

We choose to send our daughter to The Banff School over any other school because of the high standards and the caring teachers. The students at Banff benefit from the individualized attention that comes with having small class sizes. If you are thinking about changing schools due to overcrowding, or if your child is unhappy in their current school,or if they are not receiving a top-notch education where they are- I encourage you to take a tour of Banff. We honestly love the principals and the teachers here. They have the student's best interest at heart.

Posted January 25, 2011

Since there are not a lot of kids that go to this school you are either popular or an out cast. You either suck up to the "queen bee" or you suffer the consequences. Everyone is EXTREMELY cliquey and the principals don't care and are fake. The education is good, I have learned a lot, although most of the classes are boring. The extra curriculars are very limited and no field trips or fun stuff out of the classroom. Don't send your child to this school.

Posted January 26, 2010

We have been at this school for four years. I have four children here and am completely involved with the school. There is a family-oriented calmness in this school. The children and parents are all listened to and the teachers bend over backward for the best thing for students. The parents who complain are usually the ones who do not volunteer and don't get involved with any extracurricular activities. I will be here until my youngest leaves and then maybe volunteer afterwards as well. This school is very helpful with their education careers and shows many colleges to the children as soon as they are in high school. I wouldn't change a thing about it. Five stars all the way.

Posted September 23, 2009

My son just started at Banff this year after being exclusively in public schools and Banff is great. I wish we would've had him here all along. Much of the peer pressure and getting lost in the huge public HS's is gone. The teachers really care about the students and I feel he's getting a much higher quality of education. Also, for being a private school, they have their rules, but they are very reasonable. They also make conscious efforts for students to expand socially as well such as a week long field trip near the beginning of the school year. Bottom line - great school --- 2 thumbs way up from me.

Posted August 17, 2009

My children have been at the banff school for a few years now and are very happy. I am very pleased with curriculum that they offer and the Banff School. Both my Children have learned so much with thier Teachers. Which has placed them in the Honor Roll last year. I am looking forward to another year at the Banff School. If you get a chance stop buy and take a look at what they have to offer! You will be happy that you did.

Posted February 24, 2009

I am a junior at The Banff School. I feel Banff is preparing me for success in college. This year I am taking several dual credit classes and will graduate as a Distinqished Scholar next year. I like the extra curricular activities and the friends I have made at Banff.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 24, 2009

My child has been at The Banff School for a few years now and is very happy. My child loves the teachers, and is looking forward to the years to come. I am extremely happy with the curriculum that they offer and my child is learning well above what they are teaching in the public school system. The staff is very nice and genuinely concerned for my child. Every morning the office staff and principals are at the door to greet the parents and children as they come in and if I have ever needed anything or have had any concerns they have either addressed them then and there, or made an appointment with me that very day to address them. My child enjoys the extras offered at the school and has made many friends that will be part of our family for life. I highly recommend that you come and look at the school and see for yourself.

Posted February 22, 2009

The staff at the Banff School truly care for the well being and future of its students. The education for pre-school is unbelievable and the teachers are kind, tentative, and patient. They offer many dual credit classes for high schoolers that really prepare the kids for college life. The small class size allows the teachers to take time on each and every student, and make sure they are comfortable with the material being taught. This is an outstanding private school!

Posted January 18, 2009

The teachers are phenomenal, caring, kind, passionate about teaching, and organized. While the prinicpals are excellent; unfortunately, the front office staff is not as organized and items on the calendar are usually last minute and always subject to change without prior notification - makes it hard to plan. I am an involved parent myself & have noticed the (Banff) family is picky about whom they allow to help out. The classrooms are wonderful, it's the inconsistency with attendance, getting return phone calls, & getting answers to questions that is frustrating. As for extra curricular, I disagree, there is not a lot offered but at least what is offered is decent. My child is learning so much from his teacher & we've been there going on three years. I just wish the calendar & communication were a lot more organized!

Posted April 23, 2008

Though this school focuses on the arts and encourages creativity amongst its students, the lack of discipline and the low expectations are enough to cause frustration in teachers, parents and students alike. The education provided is not sufficient compared to other students from other schools.

Posted September 20, 2007

I have been at this school for more than nine years. They offer great college oppurtunities and small classes. Im planning to stay here through my senior year. I enjoy the 'homey' environments.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 23, 2005

I am very happy with the program offered at Banff School. It offers a complete curriculum from pre-k all the way to high school. There is a lot of commitment from the teachers to make sure that all of the students make the most of the time that they spend in the classroom. Banff offers many extracurricular activities like gymnastics, music, art, dance and parents are very involved.

Asian or Pacific Islander 28% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (281) 444-3632

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13726 Cutten Road