Houston, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted September 07, 2014
We spent one year in WUES before moving our child to St. Mark's and I cannot say enough good things about it. All my comments will be gushing and emotional after our very unhappy experience at West U. The vision statement of the school really says it all. It is a nurturing environment that celebrates the uniqueness of the child. There is focus on exploration and learning through investigating. The teachers are wonderful, the materials and facilities are top notch. The work is age appropriate yet advanced. Our daughter gladly goes off to school each day and now has stories of the things she did each day that she enjoyed. The art and photography that is throughout the school is beautiful and speaks volumes to these two teachers. Visit the school and you will be very pleased.

Posted November 28, 2012
This is an outstanding school for many reasons. The principal runs things in a very progressive manner meaning that it is evolving academically and within the community all the time. The parent's guild is very active with lots of wonderful opportunities to get involved if you can. The school is small but not too small. They have arts, music, sports, computers, library, I could go on. Having been accepted to other schools such as St Johns I feel that we made the correct choice.

Posted May 03, 2011
The early childhood program (Preschool 2's through Kindergarten) is exemplary, with an engaging curriculum and nurturing, supportive teachers. The school's small size is a plus, because students are truly known by faculty and staff, from the headmaster down. The new headmaster, who just finished his first year at the school, is terrific,. He is a great asset to the school.

Posted March 29, 2011
We have been very happy with St. Mark's. Our son needed a small environment. I feel he is a more protective environment than what the public schools can give. We are excited about the new Head Master and look forward to what he plans on doing with the school.

Posted October 28, 2009
I have had three children graduate from St. Mark's Episcopal School. All three kids were very different type students. We had complete support throughout their years and all three were accepted into 100% of the private high schools in which they applied. The extra-curricular is limited because the classes are small. I see the small classes as an asset because my children all received such great individual attention. I highly recommend St. Mark's.

Posted September 08, 2009
We have been at St. Mark's for 8 years, through some rough times, but have been very happy with the end result. My child was accepted to all three of his high school choices and Lamar IB. He feels prepared more than expected.

St. Mark's Episcopal School 0

Posted August 11, 2008
I am a former student of St. Mark's and now attend a public high school. St. Mark's academics are okay - not highly challenging, but decent enough. The english department is very advanced, however math is very, very far behind. The other majour point about St. Mark's is the serious lack of diversity, both racially and socio-economically. The school seems to have a student 'profile': white and upper-middle to upper class. Though these issues need to be addressed, overall St. Mark's has set me up pretty well, and is a good, safe, choice for the average to above average student.

Posted April 26, 2006
St Marks is a wonderful school. The academic side of the school is very well thought out and the teachers seem so ready to make each student feel important. There are numerious extracurricular activities for students of all ages. The level of parent interest is very very high and great support is found for the entire school.

Posted March 20, 2006
I have been a student at St. Mark's for 9 years. I started at St. Mark's in kindergarten and will be graduating from 8th grade this year. Overall, St. Mark's has been good for me. I've learned so many things and have grown academically. I'm not going to lie, St. Mark's has its down points. I have to say that the dress code is definatly strict for us teenagers. Sometimes we feel as if they want us to submit to total conformity. But don't think that St. Mark's is all bad. I have never been an excellent math student, but the math teacher has been willing to see me before school and after school to make sure that I understand everything. The teachers really do care. Which is really really nice. -Caroline

Posted September 27, 2005
We have been at St Mark's for two years and it is a great school. For the past couple of years it has been going through a transition but it is already great and only going to get better.

St. Mark's Episcopal School
3816 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, TX  77025
Last modified St. Mark's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Mark's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top