Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter abruptly lost her expressive /receptive language at age 6. The public schools response to my pleas for help were " there is nothing we can do until she fails" which was going to take 6-8 weeks, then they would test her and possibly place her in their deaf ed. program. Thank God we live in Houston Texas where The Parish School exists. She attended Parish where she was nurtured, valued and learned to be an advocate for herself. I am proud to say that she is a semester away from earning her Master's degree. As a current teacher at Parish I can say with confidence that every child has a voice and each child is recognized for their own unique learning style.

My daughter was a student at The Parish School for 3 years (age 3 to 6) due to having been diagnosed with expressive and receptive language delays and sensory integration disorder. My daughter's neurologist recommended we check out the school, thinking it would be good fit for her. He was right!!! Over the three years, she blossomed into a very happy and talkative little girl. Being exposed to a language rich environment and being taught by Speech Language Pathologists was exactly what she needed and obviously was not getting in your regular pre-school environment. My daughter transitioned to public school this past August and has been doing great. Thanks to The Parish School, her future looks bright!!

I cannot say enough about this great school. My daughter was a student there for three years before we transitioned her to a public elementary school. The teaching staff is very knowledgeable and having the younger kids taught by speech therapists is a huge deal.

My son was at The Parish School for four years. It was a blessing to our family. When he started he struggled with expressive and receptive language delays, as well as difficulty with self esteem and organization. The entire staff were wonderful. We also benefited from parent education and other programs that Parish had to offer. He recently transitioned to our local public school and is doing very well. His language skills are on target, and it has been a smooth transition. We feel he was well prepared.

My grand daughter has been a student at The Parish School for nearly four years. Her mother, who is a middle school teacher, along with my wife--a former elementary teacher and assistant principal--concluded some years ago, that the public school she was attending was simply not equipped to or interested in, providing her with the special assistance she needed to succeed. So, she was enrolled at The Parish School, where she has made tremendous progress. Yes, the school is expensive but our feeling is that it has been worth every dime expended (can you put a price on developing a human mind?). It is now clear that this child will succeed in life, thanks to the special, highly competent attention she has received at The Parish School.

The Parish School's individualized intervention program allowed our daughter to transition successfully to a mainstream school in the second grade. The academic and language based program truly rebuilt her self esteem, through challenging assignments that included direct and instruction as social skills development. This boost allowed her to see herself as a capable and competent learner. I credit the collaborative and committed team for her continued success to this day, by teaching her how she learned best, she now knows just how smart she is, and how her gifts are unique.

We finished our 3rd year at the Parish School before realizing that the academic curriculum was not equivalent to the public school standards. The school is great for children with language delays however the academics taught at the school doesn't follow the states requirements. Be care, ask the right questions if you want your child to stay on grade level. maps.google.com

This school is an answer to pray. The teachers and staff exceed expectations. Parents are very welcomed and involved.

Last modified The Parish School is a Private school