No rating

Northeast Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $137,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted June 11, 2014

As a former teacher and current parent, I could not be more pleased with the improvements I have seen at NCA over the past several years. My children have received a truly excellent education. They are challenged intellectually and academically, and they have been taught the importance of honoring God in all they do. I am most impressed with the quality and commitment of the teaching faculty. The engage the students and invest in their lives. Certainly the facilities are dated and need improvement; however, I believe the leadership is working to address this and possibly purchase land to move the campus.

Posted February 24, 2014

Horrible place to teach and the parents run the school, not the administration. It's a customer service business, not a school. The building is old, run down and moldy. The classrooms are tiny, suffocating and most the time the AH or heater doesn't work. I don't understand how the place is even still around. I wish I could rank it zero stars.

Posted May 29, 2013

I have been associated with NCA for years as my nephews have attended for their entire school careers (with one graduating this year). Regarding SAT and placement scores, my nephew scored perfectly on the Math portion of the SAT and has been offered over $300,000 in scholarships from various universities across the country. The academics are certainly something to be proud of. As a certified teacher who has taught in, and been an advocate for, public schools, I feel I have a strong basis for comparison. I recently took some time off from teaching full-time to be with my own family more and have taken the opportunity to substitute at NCA. I have consistently been nothing but impressed with the staff, the students, and the parents at NCA. It is truly a breath of fresh air when you walk into their building on a school day.

Posted January 27, 2013

Great improvement over Humble ISD schools. My daughter ecently starting attending and I am satisfied thus far! Looking forward to many more positive experiences.

Posted January 28, 2012

Check out the graduating SAT scores and placement. You are better off at Kingwood Public Schools.

Posted December 8, 2010

I have been teaching for 7 years at NCA. I taught at a local high school prior to coming to NCA. The constrast is stunning. In the public school, I spent about 70% of my time and energy, doing paperwork for the government and trying to control and maintain a teachable atmosphere in overcrowded classrooms. Here, I teach three different preps, yet I can focus on teaching, while maintaining a continuity with the students year after year, and even get most of my work done while at school during the day. There is a great rapor among the faculty and staff, and the students are wonderful. There is a notable absence of strife or conflict here among students as well as staff. The atmosphere is conducive to both teaching and learning. I've noticed that studious, diligent students are respected here by their peers.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 9, 2010

NCA is the best kept secret in Kingwood (even though we do not want it to be)-its amazing how many people do not know about the school. The ademics are amazing! My boys will really be prepared for college. The teachers really treat you with respect-they actually take the time to get to know you! Your opinions matter. The Christian aspect is wonderful and really puts meaning into what you are learning. We have been a part of the public school system and this is by far the best decision we could have made for our children! Its worth every penny. The athletic program is awesome-competitive with winning teams..

Posted August 29, 2008

My daughter has been at NCA for three years, starting her senior year in August 2008. We left the public school in our district because of poor performance over all and the lack of goals and motivation in the students. My daughter has been so happy at NCA and has been taught and nurtured and prepared for life after school. She has been very active in student governing and sports and can speak her mind and opinions in a very intelligent manner. I am so proud of her and thankful to NCA staff. It's weel worth the costs.

Posted March 29, 2007

My two boys have been in NCA for the last two years, I love the school staff, the second grade teacher is amazing, he has thought our kids what public schools see in 3rd and 4th grade, He is wonderful. Having God in their curriculum was the most important thing to decide if NCA was for us.

Posted November 2, 2004

NCA has been a wonderful school for our children. The caring attitude of the faculty creates a great place for our children to learn and grow. Our daughters have been at NCA for 4 years. Prior to that time, they were in the area public school system. In terms of academics, they are definitely ahead of their peers who are in public school. The extracurricular activities are also great. The kids are able to participate in activities that they would not have the opportunity to in the public school setting. This has increased their self confidence and physical health. We feel sure that after completing their education at NCA, they will both be well prepared for college and beyond. Also worth mentioning are the excellent principals. They are approachable, yet professional. We can tell they have the kids' best interests at heart.

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • CSI
Fax number
  • (281) 359-5560

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1711 Hamblen Road