Northeast Christian Academy 4

Posted September 23, 2014
Northeast Christian has many excellent, dedicated faculty in the Upper School and an excellent Head of School. The instructors are qualified in their fields and actually like to teach. The classical education NCA offers is very good. The Kingwood market desperately needs an elite, classical college prep school and NCA, under current leadership, has done a good job of fitting that bill. However, if this school ever hopes to be considered an elite school, it must break with the old ways of doing things. It must enforce rules of conduct and punish those who break the rules. It must allow high-achievers to separate themselves from the rest of the class and not be dragged down by students who would rather disrupt than learn. And, finally, it must turn those students away who either cannot handle the academic rigor or who refuse to conform to the school's standards. The new location and plans for the new facility will be a big improvement for future classes. All in all, this is an excellent alternative to the huge, impersonal and overcrowded public schools in the area. If you don't want to expose yoru child to the public school, this is a good place to turn.

Posted June 11, 2014
As a former teacher and current parent, I could not be more pleased with the improvements I have seen at NCA over the past several years. My children have received a truly excellent education. They are challenged intellectually and academically, and they have been taught the importance of honoring God in all they do. I am most impressed with the quality and commitment of the teaching faculty. The engage the students and invest in their lives. Certainly the facilities are dated and need improvement; however, I believe the leadership is working to address this and possibly purchase land to move the campus.

Northeast Christian Academy 1

Posted February 24, 2014
Horrible place to teach and the parents run the school, not the administration. It's a customer service business, not a school. The building is old, run down and moldy. The classrooms are tiny, suffocating and most the time the AH or heater doesn't work. I don't understand how the place is even still around. I wish I could rank it zero stars.

Posted May 29, 2013
I have been associated with NCA for years as my nephews have attended for their entire school careers (with one graduating this year). Regarding SAT and placement scores, my nephew scored perfectly on the Math portion of the SAT and has been offered over $300,000 in scholarships from various universities across the country. The academics are certainly something to be proud of. As a certified teacher who has taught in, and been an advocate for, public schools, I feel I have a strong basis for comparison. I recently took some time off from teaching full-time to be with my own family more and have taken the opportunity to substitute at NCA. I have consistently been nothing but impressed with the staff, the students, and the parents at NCA. It is truly a breath of fresh air when you walk into their building on a school day.

Northeast Christian Academy 4

Posted January 27, 2013
Great improvement over Humble ISD schools. My daughter ecently starting attending and I am satisfied thus far! Looking forward to many more positive experiences.

Northeast Christian Academy 2

Posted January 28, 2012
Check out the graduating SAT scores and placement. You are better off at Kingwood Public Schools.

Posted December 08, 2010
I have been teaching for 7 years at NCA. I taught at a local high school prior to coming to NCA. The constrast is stunning. In the public school, I spent about 70% of my time and energy, doing paperwork for the government and trying to control and maintain a teachable atmosphere in overcrowded classrooms. Here, I teach three different preps, yet I can focus on teaching, while maintaining a continuity with the students year after year, and even get most of my work done while at school during the day. There is a great rapor among the faculty and staff, and the students are wonderful. There is a notable absence of strife or conflict here among students as well as staff. The atmosphere is conducive to both teaching and learning. I've noticed that studious, diligent students are respected here by their peers.

Posted August 09, 2010
NCA is the best kept secret in Kingwood (even though we do not want it to be)-its amazing how many people do not know about the school. The ademics are amazing! My boys will really be prepared for college. The teachers really treat you with respect-they actually take the time to get to know you! Your opinions matter. The Christian aspect is wonderful and really puts meaning into what you are learning. We have been a part of the public school system and this is by far the best decision we could have made for our children! Its worth every penny. The athletic program is awesome-competitive with winning teams..

Northeast Christian Academy 0

Posted August 29, 2008
My daughter has been at NCA for three years, starting her senior year in August 2008. We left the public school in our district because of poor performance over all and the lack of goals and motivation in the students. My daughter has been so happy at NCA and has been taught and nurtured and prepared for life after school. She has been very active in student governing and sports and can speak her mind and opinions in a very intelligent manner. I am so proud of her and thankful to NCA staff. It's weel worth the costs.

Posted December 11, 2007

Northeast Christian Academy
1711 Hamblen Road, Houston, TX  77339
Last modified Northeast Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northeast Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top