No rating

Texas Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $112,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted June 17, 2014

TCS is an amazing school. Very family oriented, strives for every student to reach their full potential and go to whatever college they want. The teachers genuinely care about each student. Students who graduate from TCS get major scholarships if not full rides to college. I know many graduates from TCS and see alumni around the school all the time. My son will be graduating in two years and we are very proud and excited for his future. Do not pay attention to any negative talk. The school is amazing and our family loves it at TCS.

Posted May 8, 2014

Texas Christian is an amazing school! It is small. The average class is 16 - 18 kids but what parent wouldn't want that kind of number in a classroom. The academics are more than challenging. My son started multiplication in kindergarten. Students who come and visit for the day always want to come back the very next day. They feel welcome, at home, and can tell the teachers go the extra mile to help each individual student.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 25, 2014

WORST SCHOOL MY SON HAS ATTENDED. This school is all about the money and don't care for the well being of their students. There is no security for kids. Anybody can take a child and they wont even noticed. I have had my husband, my mom, my mother in law, my sister pick him up only one relative is in the pick up list ...but they have NEVER asked for ID nor nothing.. My mom picks my son up everyday and they have no idea if he left or not. Every little thing is about money. I know it is a business at the en of the day but they are quick in letting your child starve all if he/she doesn't have money to pay for food. It is ridiculous not very christian at all.

Posted March 17, 2014

The school is okay for children who do not aim high for academics. It is good for kids who struggle in big schools socially. However, they are far behind in academics. We pulled my child and put her in the Katy public school and struggled academically in the beginning because she was not taught well at TCS. She is doing very well now into 2 years at public school academically and socially. It is a shame since we paid extra tuition to send our child here at TCS and yet didn't get enough education for my child. At least we found out before it was too late. My daughter went to TCS until 7th grade.

Posted January 22, 2014

Texas Christian has does wonders for our children. Socially they have blossomed and regularly have get together with their classmates which never happened in their other school, academically they are challenged and are learning things that older kids in public school don t know and then spiritually they are being fed each day which is a huge blessing. We love TCS and can t wait to see them graduate!

Posted April 3, 2013

There are so many reasons we chose to enroll our children at TCS. They offer challenging academics, spiritual encouragement and activities that our children enjoy as do many other schools. What really grabbed us about TCS was the warmth and love we felt when we walked in the doors. There is just something different about TCS. My daughter is doing amazing and loves coming to school and my son was so impressed about how welcoming the students were when he came in as the new kid. As everyone is saying, this truly is a spiritual family. We love this school.

Posted December 10, 2012

The Best! There is no way that you could attend this school and not come out more advanced academically and be more knowledgeable about the Bible. The teachers here are super, the curriculum really is very challenging, and the environment is 100 times better than public. No school is perfect but this school is a family. My kids will graduate from TCS.

Posted September 5, 2012

I attended Tcs for almost 8 years. Although I made a lot of great friends growing up there, I also think that people there could be so cruel. The students that attended that school were awful and had their noses in the air for who knows what reason. And what's sad is that a lot of those students had parents who were part of faculty and staff. I never learned anything from that school at all. They passed me every year even though my grades were horrible! It probably has to do with the nice check my parents were sending in every month! And if you think that private school automatically means a better environment then you may be wrong! I am not bashing all private schools but from personal experience I feel nothing but scarred after attending Texas Christian school for so long. What a waste of money. Not only was I abused by my classmates but I never learned anything! I finally transferred to public school and had to really learn how to have self discipline! It was definitely difficult building up the motivation to exceed in my studies after years of enabling and indifference from the Tcs faculty. In my experience, public school was much more bearable then Tcs.

Posted August 25, 2012

This school is beyond excellent! The staff is warm and caring. My son is happy and wants to go to school daily. I am so thrilled for him. I looked at other schools when trying to decide where he should start Kindergarten and this was the only school where I felt the staff was truly sincere. Becky Soliz is absolutely fantastic.

Posted March 6, 2012

My son has always been picked on in school. Nothing too bad but he came home everyday saying: "This kid called me this, this kid threw my pencil, they cuss all the time, etc." He asked me to find a place where he didn't have to hear all the mess every single day. I called Texas Christian and spoke to Mrs. Soliz. We toured, my son visited for a day, and he now wants to graduate from TCS. He loves going to school, the academics are more challenging, and I never hear him complain. TCS is a blessing to our family. Thank you!

Posted February 16, 2012

We love going to TCS. We are new to the family of TCS and we have had a wonderful experience already. I was looking for a place where my daughter would actually do real academic lessons and bible. Some where she would feel comfortable talking about the things of God as well as learn academics. Me & my daughter senses that TCS has a different atmosphere(Christ) than the public school. The staff are professional and friendly. Family oriented, use natural products for cleaning.God led us to the right place!!!Were happy about TCS!

Posted February 15, 2012

Beyond thrilled!!! All we ever heard about TCS was how great it was. We were so excited when we were accepted but did not expect it would be this great. My kindergartener is reading books, is working on second grade sight words, is learning multiplication, knows technology better than most of our family, has beautiful handwriting as well as cursive, is learning Spanish, loves her teachers, doesn t want me to come pick her up, hates when we have days off of school, is taking piano lessons, the list just keeps going on. My fourth grader loves coming to school which is the biggest blessing because normally I would be dragging him, his confidence has grown so much and his favorite class is Bible. There is no other school like TCS. Absolutely the best. Thank you to all the teachers and Mrs. Beckie! We love you!

Posted January 31, 2012

I love Texas Christian School! I couldn't imgaine myself being any where else! Been apart of the family for over 12 years now. The school is Biblically based and it reflects. The students are on fire for Christ, families are involved in any way possible and the staff is simply the best! Keep up the awesome work Tigers!!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 29, 2012

As I read through other reviews I can't help but to nod my head in agreeance to everyone's emphasis on "apart of the family." It's so true! Not a single student, parent, staff or faculty is a stranger or outsider. Everyone is a team who works together creating a Christ centered environment. I can't say enough good things about Texas Christian School. As a parent, it's everything and more than I could want in my son's and daughter's everyday educational program. I always see alumni at the school coming back to see old friends and teacher's and always hear them saying they miss the family. Can't imagine my children graduating from anywhere else but TCS! It really is the best!

Posted January 4, 2012

Super school! Great staff that will work with you. Biblically based world view without compromising quality education. I have spoken to several alumni who come and visit and they all say they were more than prepared for college and were accepted into the college of their choice. We love TCS.

Posted December 9, 2011

All I can say is WOW!!! Texas Christian School is an excellent school where the teachers really do care about thier student's education and spiritual life. I finally found the place where my children will be till they graduate!

Posted October 6, 2011

We LOVE TCS! Our family moved to Texas almost three years ago. We visited other Christian schools in the area but NONE compared to TCS. When we met the administration, we felt like FAMILY :) Thank youTCS for making the last two years WONDERFUL! The administration and teachers are some of the most GODLY, LOVING and CARING people we have ever met. God is at work here and we cant wait to see what is in store.

Posted October 6, 2011

THE BEST SCHOOL AROUND!!! My kids are doing great and have never been happier! TCS is the best decision we have made for our family.

Posted June 28, 2011

great school with a wonderful heart thats a besk kept secret around. Just wish it was run like big school and attract more kids

Posted June 4, 2011

Because we wanted more than a room full of kids for my 4 yr. old to "hang out" in all day. We wanted a warm and caring environment where she can learn and grow. TCS has given us that and so much more! We could not be happier with our decision to be part of the TCS family.

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 4%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander N/A 0%
Two or more races N/A 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ABS
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (281) 550-2400

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

17810 Kieth Harrow Boulevard